Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply VIP RP
~My Dragon's Heart~(1X1)~(Burningly Filled)~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:39 am
IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING: 1. Feel free to PM to join even if I have a partner and I shall roleplay with you as well <3, I enjoy getting different takes on roleplays.-/ 2. Please do not post in this thread unless you have sent a profile and I have given it the OK! 3. As always, feel free to take any liberties in my roleplay <3 4. Yes, this prestory is kind of long, but wait! Aside from being well-thought out..I think it is an interesting read! (though being the writer I suppose I would...o-o)

~The world is Ioron, (think of a Lord of the Rings-ish world, but with many more major races and magick-users) the kingdom of Dralezmar. One of the twelve kingdoms under the high kingdom of Avaria. (Avaria is the most magickal part of the world, covering one-fourth of Ioron itself. (Ioron=Earth) Dralezmar deals with mostly wizards and mages, and is considered sort of the more warrior-class of all of the kingdoms, save for Tralthar, which is the equivalent of our Sparta. Dralezmar contains the Drazlorn Forest, one of the largest forests in Avaria and also one of the most magickal.~ (If you didn't understand any of this, don't worry, it's helpful but not necessary <3)

~Pre-story~

Karelym Drazkeryan is the crown princess of Dralezmar. She lives with her mother Nadiyr, a Fae woman. Her father died while she was young, and her mother in concern sent for X (this is your character, give him a name.) X is a distant cousin, distant enough that he isn't even considered royalty despite the faint traces of royal blood in him. Nadiyr chose him because X's mother had been a dear friend of hers. When Karelym was five, and X was seven, they finally met. At first, Karelym seemed to dislike X, who took offense and started to complain to his uncle, (who'd adopted the orphan). But Karelym ran forward and stole X's hat, running away and causing the other to chase after him. Karelym ran and nearly fell off a sharp drop off, a little ledge that went down on top of large boulders. X grabbed him at the last moment, a desire to protect Karelym rising in him even as hero-worship began in Karelym towards X. From then on, as Nadiyr had desired, the two were inseperable. They caused all sorts of mischief and trouble, occasionally saving each others life and doing works of both heroism and trouble-making. This went on for twelve years, until Karelym was seventeen, and X was nineteen.

A dragon had been plaguing Drazlorn Forest for quite some time, even venturing towards surrounding towns. The people were in a frenzy, and everytime they sent a warrior to slay the dragon..he never returned. The Champion of the Realm (basically the greatest knight in the kingdom) was sent and failed to come back. Nadiyr is not sure how to handle the situation, considering she has no desire to waste lives..and honestly, being Fae, she sympathizes with the dragon and knows that the rumors of the bloodthirsty dragon are probably not entirely accurate, which is the opinion of Karelym as well. A new Champion must be declared, and inevitably, the Champion would be called to face the dragon. X, an accomplished warrior for his age, asks Karelym for the position. She declines no matter how much the other begged, telling X finally that he was not ready for such a task, that it was a responsibility that X could not handle and she appoints another. (As future Queen, appointments are her job unless Nadiyr specifically says otherwise) She chooses a battle-experienced man named Grenwon.

X is furious and hurt, not seeing why Karelym would deny him the thing he so desired..to be Champion of the Realm..to have more equal footing with his dearest friend..to be more than just the Princess' Companion (his official title) when confronted, Karelym tells X it's for the best. And X in his rage, speaks harshly. He says that he will go after the dragon himself, and when he does, he will take the title of Champion for his own. Karelym begs him not to go, further 'not supporting' X , and telling him the dragon was not just some animal. X is scornful of the thought, calling the dragon a murderous beast who deserved to die. He says one last thing before leaving. "You disgust me, you don't want me to have the title..you want a shadow to hide behind..but no more, I am not your shadow, coward." Too angry to regret it yet, he made his way into the forest.

Karelym wished to send soldiers out, but many are defending the kingdom's southern border at present, and the soldiers around had to be kept by the palace. The life of one man apparently did not weigh against anything else, and Karelym was forbidden as crown princess to leave..so she stayed..

Meanwhile, X delved deep into the forest, coming up to a large mountain with a huge cave inside that stretched in the mountain for miles. The dragon's lair lay there, and he took a trail up the mountain and found the cave. Once inside, he sees a slumbering dragon and moving quickly, stabs the dragon through one of it's only two weak spots:it's heart. It gives a bloodcurdling yell, so human that X drops his sword in horrified surprise. The dragon speaks in a gurgling, blood-choked voice, one that held no hatred or anger, simply tiredness. "Human..you are a fool..I know why you have come, and I let you give me this wound..I am tired..I would like to rest now, but for this..you will pay a price. You will have more power than you ever thought possible, something you want, correct?" Dragons were natural seers, often having powers ranging from premonition to empathy, to simply knowing things. "You want to be strong..you will have this..but because of this, you will take my place."

X started to back away, not understanding as the dragon started to rise. "I am the Guardian of the Forest, and now you must take my place..enjoy your power, for whatever it is worth." The dragon brought its hand forward and stabbed a claw through X's chest, piercing his heart. In that instant there was a flash of light and the dragon was gone. X fell to the ground and rather than bleed, he began to change. In a matter of painful, agonizing moments..X the boy was no more..in his place was a dragon. In fright and pain, he leapt from the cave, his wings moving automatically to take him aloft. He flew long and hard, coming just past the forest and in the distance, with his superior vision, he could see the castle..the castle where Karelym was..but suddenly he was halted as though he'd run into a wall. Try as he might, he could not cross..he was trapped. X gave a terrible scream, but anyone listening would have only shivered at the 'terrible dragon' that they thought was loose. Angry, hurt, and afraid, he went back to the cave, bitterly realizing only then that Karelym had been right..and that Karelym had only been trying to protect X..and now, he'd never get a chance to apologize for his terrible words.

That night, as he lay alone in the cave and cried large, dragon tears..he became human. X was overjoyed and thought himself free, but two hours later, the dragon form took over once again..two hours each night and no more, he could be human..but X decided he'd rather be a dragon, then it wouldn't hurt so much to be reminded of what he'd lost..

~Five years later~

Karelym is twenty-two years old, a Queen in everything but name. The carefree girl of her youth is gone, replaced by a strong, commanding queen that had come to life in the absence of X. Hearing her friend declared dead had hurt her before hardening her..X's final words a constant, bitter reminder. But she is not unkind, and tries to do well for her kingdom..though the dragon problem was still major, and it was decided that Karelym would set out..by herself of course. No one knew of her plan, and she snuck away in the dead of night. She did not want to kill the dragon..but there is little choice. Her magick might suceed where men's swords had failed. She traveled long into the day and night, stopping to rest only once before continuing. The forest will not harm one of it's own, halfling or not, and she passes by safetly. Karelym traveled and it wasn't until the sun had just begun to set that he found the cave, traveling up the mountain to the entrance and what lay inside..

~Pre-story end~

This is where the story begins. Karelym will enter, and neither will recognize the other at first. It's been five years, so obviously Karelym looks a bit different, and X, obviously, is a dragon. X has been forced to kill men in his time as a dragon, a kill-or-be-killed kind of thing, along with the truly evil men that entered the forest to do it harm. Any pain the forest feels, X feels as well. He's become bitter, cold, and angry at his fate and his inescapable prison in the form of the monstrous dragon body and the forest. His only bittersweet moments, the only times he's even slightly happy, is thinking on happy memories of him and Karelym..and those are the nights he cries.

X should threaten to kill Karelym when he enters, yada yada. After he gets a good look at Karelym and listens to her speak, he should recognize the other. Whether he tells his identity right away or not is your choice. - After Karelym finds out about X, she'll eventually tell the other she's going home to get help. X will try to stop her, not wanting Karelym to leave and knowing that any 'help' would not share Karelym's kindness and would try to kill X. To stop her from leaving, he'll bind Karelym to himself by drawing blood from Karelym and licking it, and then placing his own blood in Karelym's mouth and speaking the word 'bind'. From then on, Karelym will be unable to go more than forty-feet from X at any given moment, if one dies-so will die the other, they can communicate via thought, (telepathically), and also draw on each other's magick.

X knows people might come looking for their prince..but he doesn't care, he's been so lonely..missed his friend so much..it was the only thing he could think to do, even if Karelym got angry..~

~The story will involve falling in love, getting X back to normal, defending the forest/kingdom, some dragon interaction. This isn't all that can or will happen, just some ideas~

Lastly-there is a meeting of dragons called Mazrath that takes place two or three times a year, and there is one coming up in a few days. X has to go, as all dragons must, and can only leave the cave since it's via portal and he'll be back once it's over. X will have to take Karelym with him, since he bound Karelym and the bond cannot be unbroken, at least, not by either of them.~

~Karelym is mine and X is yours except in flashbacks, otherwise feel free to do anything with any character or just stick to X~

Rules:
1. No cybering, this will have physical scenes but they needn't be graphic.
2. Please be as literate as possible, at least five sentences a post and nothing like "x superman dawes went to the movies and dawes said hey i like movies and superman laughed cause superman is awesome"
3. X is either a seke leaning towards seme or full seme, NO UKE. NOOOO! *hisses*
4. Have fun!

Profiles: Yours:
Name:
Race: (Can be any race, or a halfling)
Personality: (one-word traits, and must be a seke leaning towards seme or full seme. And it would be nice if he had a temper <3)
Biography: Previously Stated. (feel free to add anything)
Abilities: As a dragon: Can fly, breathe fire, cast spells, talk to animals, speak any language.
As himself: (You can decide if he's a wizard, mage, part elven, ect..)
Appearance: (You can include a picture of him in his true body, and one of him as a dragon)

Name: Coryn
Race: Half Elf Half human
Personality: stubborn, protective, hot-headed, impatient, proud
Biography: Previously Stated.
Abilities: As a dragon: Can fly, breathe fire, cast spells, talk to animals, speak any language.
As himself: Can control plants
Appearance: As himself-User Image

As dragon-User Image

Mine:
Name: Karelym Drazkeryan
Race: Part-elven, part-wizard
Personality: Fiery, stubborn, strong-willed, kind, warm-hearted, thoughtful, goofy, strong-willed, protective, intelligent, imaginative, occasionally wise.
Biography: Previously stated.
Abilities: Wizard-can use magicks, due to her Fae blood, she can also use forest-related powers.
Appearance:User Image

PM ME YOUR PROFILE TO JOIN!!!!!!!

~Enjoy!~  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:40 am
Karelym Drazkeryan stepped easily up the mountain, gifted by her elven blood with inhuman speed and grace. That was something she'd shared with Coryn..once upon a time. Because of the dragon, Coryn was gone..because of the dragon, Karelym was alone. She didn't want to kill the dragon, but neither was she feeling, nor could she afford to be, merciful. Her pink-hair, unusual even for a magickal being, was bound and hidden beneath a hooded cloak, along with her elven ears. There was no sense in displaying such things in unfamiliar territory after all. Quietly, she came before the mouth of the cave, a dark entryway into the dragon's lair. There was no question about that, since it overlooked the whole of the forest and was large enough to comfortably fit a pair of dragons.

The elven maiden stood by the entrance a moment, drawing her athame. She wouldn't use it to stab the dragon of course, but it heightened her magickal abilities..this athame had been with her for awhile and she'd given it the elven name Vallyn, or fire. Karelym paused a moment before stepping inside the cave. Dim lights flickered along the walls, lit by glowing orbs she recognized as light spheres. Along the ground lay trinkets and objects ranging from the highest quality gold, to the most glimmering silver..jewels were scattered..magickal objects as well. Dragons hoarded treasure obsessively, no one was quite sure why..Fascinated, she stepped further into the cave..and saw the dragon. Karelym's midnight violet eyes went wide as she murmered, "Drakyais." The elven word for dragon, which translated into wise-one.

WitchAlchemist
Captain

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:00 am
Coryn sighed silently as he remembered some of his happier times with Karelym. He missed her more than words could say. His heart twinged when he remembered the last thing he said to her and thought about how he would never be able to tell her how much he regretted saying it. He was so lost in his thoughts that he almost missed the murmured word and looked towards the source. He stood up, glaring at the intruder and tried not to show the fear he felt upon seeing the weapon in the warrior's hand. So it was another attempt on his life . . . He couldn't die. He wouldn't let himself die. Not yet. As long as there was still a chance, slim though it may be, that he would be able to see Karelym again, he couldn't let some adventurer kill him.

He spread his wings, trying to look intimidating. He wasn't feeling all like killing today, but he would if the situation proved that killing was necessary. "Leave." he growled out menacingly. If the traveler didn't well . . . death was going to be the outcome. And Coryn would do everything in his power to make sure that the one dead wouldn't be him.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:04 am
Karelym stiffened as the dragon rose. He was massive and sleek, with a black, metallic looking body. This was the second dragon she'd ever seen and not what she'd expected..and despite herself, she had to admit: he was beautiful. But she couldn't let that deter her from her duty, no matter what..Nor his voice, which sent a slight shiver down her spine, though from fear or reluctant excitement, she was not certain. "I cannot," her voice was musical though at the moment, firm, "I am sent by my people to stop the dragon that has been terroizing them...I do not wish to kill you, but I will if I must."

She looked to the dragon a moment, cautiously stepping a bit closer. Distance hardly mattered with a creature that could breathe fire, so coming closer wasn't necessarily more dangerous than keeping back. Karelym stopped walking only when she was only a couple feet from the dragon, looking up at him. "If you didn't hurt so many people, you could stay here. People wouldn't like a dragon around no matter what he's doing, but at least they wouldn't come after you." Concern for all living things warred with her sadness over losing Karelym, her dearest one.

WitchAlchemist
Captain

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:40 am
Coryn growled. "If you don't leave I will kill you." he said menacingly, baring his teeth. For some odd reason, he felt the need to defend himself against the accusations that this girl, for it was obviously a girl by the sound of her voice, was making against him. He had never done this before but he felt the need to now. "And I have not been terrorizing anyone. And it's not my fault that so many people try to kill me. I have to kill them! It's self-preservation! I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS!" he roared upon the last part, thinking back to when he first became a dragon. No he didn't ask for it, but he was being stupid and now this was his punishment. "If you want to kill me then go ahead and try. I guarantee that you will lose the battle and your life . . ." he growled out, getting into a battle stance.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:38 pm
(Finally home from school! whee! But I leave for work in about an hour and twenty mins x--x I work four hours, Sun thru Wed, 5pm to 9pm MST)

Karelym looked up at the growling dragon, certain he meant every word. The sight of the teeth did nothing to ease her, though her eyes widened slightly at his final roaring response. Were dragons normally so defensive? "I don't want to kill you, dragon." The battle stance caused her to hold a bit tighter to her athame, watching the dragon's every move. She shifted to free her gaze a bit, the hood of the cloaking blocking some of her peripheral vision. The faintest bit of pink hair showed, along with a necklace.

The necklace was silver, with bindings that looked like vines with a single, heart-shaped tiger's eye stone bound in a round 'cage'. It had been made by Coryn for Karelym as a birthday present and took three days spent in the forge. To Coryn's knowledge after he'd given it to her, she'd never taken it off. Karelym began gathering magick around the tip of her athame, which started to glow, "Even if I can't kill you, I will seal you away if I must. Locking you in this cave is not beyond my powers."

WitchAlchemist
Captain

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:52 pm
Coryn noticed the pink hair and then saw the necklace. His eyes froze on it. He remembered making it for Karelym. The pieces clicked in his mind and he reeled back. "NO! No, no, no, no, NO!" he growled out, and clawed at the wall of his cave. "WHY?!" he shouted and bashed his head against the wall, lightly enough that it wouldn't cause a cave in, but it was hard enough that it hurt. Tears started to stream unbidden from his eyes. "Karelym don't do this to me . . ." he whispered, now feeling utterly hopeless. She said she wasn't going to kill him, but sealing him in the cave was just as bad. He would die eventually, whether from starvation or from the people who would hurt the forest once he could no longer protect it. And he couldn't . . . he just couldn't fight against his friend. The friend he had longed to see for the five years he had been held prisoner in this forest. But he never wanted them to meet up like this . . .  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:02 pm
Karelym's eyes widened again as the dragon suddenly reeled back. He was growling 'no' over and over again. Did the thought of being locked in the cave displeasure him so greatly? "You know my name?" Her voice was confused, and slightly alarmed as she saw the tears. Self-caution warred with her nature elven sympathy towards all creatures, and even her own kindness. What sort of evil, bloodthirsty dragon cried?

Karelym hesitated a moment, before sheathing her athame and stepping closer. She placed her hand on one of the dragon's clawed hands, the hand was no larger than one of the claws themselves. "Shhh," her voice as soothing, "Tevreu, Drakyais." *Be calm, wise-one* Karelym brushed her hand across the scales which were oddly warm and smooth as she looked at the dragon, her expression puzzled and concerned.

WitchAlchemist
Captain

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:12 pm
Coryn growled feeling her touch, but did not pull away. "I can't believe this . . ." he muttered, his claws digging into the dirt. He banged his head against the wall again, as if trying to either prove to himself that what was happening was real or to dispel an illusion. "This is cruel . . ." He avoided looking at Karelym. The guilt was building in him from what he said the last time he had seen her, but he couldn't tell her. Not now. He never wanted her to see him as a dragon. He wanted to find some way to see her again, but he wanted to be human when he did. How could he face her now?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:24 pm
The dragon growled, but didn't move from her hand. What was going on? The dragon kept muttering and banged his head against the wall, causing Karelym to flinch. And moreover, the dragon was avoiding her gaze. "What's wrong? Have I hurt you somehow?" She didn't see how it was possible..she hadn't even used any magick yet. Her eyes drifted around the cave and came to rest on a place in the corner where a single light sphere lay near the ground rather than the sealing..and she saw why.

On the ground, set on what appeared to be a small stand was a bracelet. The bracelet was woven of the leaves of the Vallyn flower, a flower that bloomed and glowed at it's peak, and when it died, burst into beautiful flames. Using elven magick and a strand of her hair woven in, she'd created a bracelet from the vines and had given it to Coryn on his birthday, just after having gotten her necklace.

Absently, a pained expression on her face, she moved towards the bracelet and picked up gently, holding the delicate looking, though actually rather strong bracelet in her hands. Karelym's voice was soft, almost a whisper, "This..this bracelet belonged to someone I knew..you must have..defended yourself against him too..I thought maybe..there was a chance he was ali-"

A tear trickled down her cheek as she tried to keep her voice steady, but it was true. She'd been hoping somewhere that Coryn was still alive..she'd been certain she would have known if he'd died..but this..this was proof he was gone, was it not? Coryn would never have lost it, she knew it meant to him what the necklace meant to her, and that was so very much. Karelym shuddered slightly as another tear trickled down her cheek.

WitchAlchemist
Captain

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:50 pm
Coryn felt his heart twinge as she found his bracelet. He had put there specifically so that he wouldn't forget about her. If anyone besides her had touched it, he would have ripped them to shreds. He felt so torn as she started to cry. He couldn't just stand there and not do anything to comfort her. She had comforted him even though she didn't even know who he was. He moved next to her and gently took the bracelet from her and placed it carefully where it rested before. "Coryn isn't dead . . ." he said softly, looking at her with regret and guilt. He couldn't let her think that he was dead when he was standing right in front of her, very much alive. He couldn't do that to her. But . . . if he told her that he was Coryn . . . she might not believe him and then kill him before he got a chance to show her the truth. He'd have to find some way to get her to stay until nightfall when his two hours of being human would commence.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:25 pm
Karelym felt a familiar ache in her heart that was now coupled with dread. After all of this time..this hoping..she'd arrived only to find that Coryn was..dead. She jumped slightly as the dragon took the bracelet from her and set it down. Tempted as she was to keep hold of it, the tie to Coryn..the words made her frown slightly. "How would you know the name of the one who owned this?"

Her eyes widened slightly in pain before they narrowed in anger as she took a step back from the dragon, "Is that what has truly been going on? Not defending yourself..but amusing yourself with other beings?" Karelym's eyes were sparked with anger and hurt, in a moment, her temper flashed and she looked every bit the proud, elven queen that she would one day be. In her mind, Coryn had come after the dragon and been caught..perhaps tortured, why else would the dragon know Coryn's name?

WitchAlchemist
Captain

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:37 pm
Coryn flinched. That . . . hurt . . . Not to mention that it was utterly stupid of him to mention his own name when she hadn't yet mentioned it. He went back to banging his head on the wall. "Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot . . . I-" slam, "am-" slam "an" slam "idiot!" he growled out as he slammed his head into the cave wall. He then turned back to Karelym, and took a deep breath. "I can show you what I'm talking about if you stay the night." he said, deciding that it would be easier to show her what had happened, rather than tell her. "He isn't harmed . . . well except for what he does to himself, but he misses you . . . and he sincerely regrets what he said when he left." he said, looking at her with guilt and regret. It felt odd to talk about himself in third person, but he couldn't risk telling her who he really was until nightfall.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:46 pm
(Since it's your transformation, I'll leave the nightfall stuff up to you. o_O He doesn't have to change right at nightfall either, and I don't think I mentioned it, but he can control it somewhat. If he wants to stay a dragon, he can, or if he wants to be human an hour, then dragon, then human, he can do things like that as long as he does so before the sun rises)

Karelym's anger flooded away as she looked on in confusion as the dragon began slamming against the wall again. He was growling about being an idiot, and Karelym muttered, "Insane." What else was she supposed to think about the dragon when he kept muttering and bashing walls? And then her confusion flooded away as hope shone in her eyes before she quelled it and looked to the other hesitatingly. "You know an awful lot about him, dragon."

Did she dare? Glancing to the entrance of the cave, she looked out to where the sun was dipping low in the sky, night would be upon them quickly. She could stay that long, could she not? Turning back to the dragon, she looked at him a moment before nodding, somewhat cautiously moving past the dragon to sit and lean against the wall. Karelym looked to the other a moment, before saying with the faintest hint of amusement. "You are a very strange dragon."

WitchAlchemist
Captain

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:51 pm
((You really need to be more specific about that eariler on. But it is only at night that he can change right?))

Coryn just sighed and looked at the sunset. This was quite possibly the first time he had ever wanted the sun to set quicker. "Come on . . . come on . . ." he growled out impatiently, his tail flicking from side to side as he watched the sunset. He then chuckled remembering her earlier statement. "You have no idea . . ."  
VIP RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff