Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have this problem?
  Yes!
  No, it's just you.
View Results

PinkSapphire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:23 am
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of people asking me for gold/items. It doesn't seem to matter where I post, or where I go in town, someone always has to ask me for stuff.

Does anyone else have this problem?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:10 am
so, i'm assuming this would be a bad time to ask you for gold, correct? kidding. i had that problem a couple times, when i was actually going into towns. it's pretty much the reason i decided to quit posting on the main forums and such.  

Super Buick

PinkSapphire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:14 am
LOL

I don't know, I just get it all the time. I only post in two of the main forums really, the rest is guilds. And the towns, ugh, they're horrible now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:50 am
I'm a TVG vendor, I get on average 20 begging request asking for freebies, 10 discount requests which are ridiculously low, 5 phishing/scam PM's and 5 hacking attempts by trying to use brute force password crackers that's happens in a normal week for me.

I avoid towns like wildfire! I find Rally as a hang out better and lastly I hope that zOMG MMORPG does not have beggars, if there are I hope I can use my attacks to kill them rofl.  

GamesTesterJan

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:53 am
I don't really post anywhere other than here, except during events, so it isn't a massive problem, but I get it sometimes when I list items in the marketplace. Or when I buy them for that matter....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:32 am
Doressa
I don't really post anywhere other than here, except during events, so it isn't a massive problem, but I get it sometimes when I list items in the marketplace. Or when I buy them for that matter....

Yep, that's what I get too - usually when I list an item on the market place I get a PM or profile comment asking for a discount.  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:34 am
i always get some frieds requests "because you avi looks so prettey " most of thse people want to beg for items to make their avis look better.
i stopped to post in the normal fom with my main avi.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:49 am
I tend to stick to a few select forums. I can't even imagine what would happen if I posted in the Chatterbox or something! rolleyes xp  

PinkSapphire

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:27 pm
PinkSapphire
I tend to stick to a few select forums. I can't even imagine what would happen if I posted in the Chatterbox or something! rolleyes xp

You'll find this guild is particularly a haven. Our members just don't do that--if anything we do the reverse. Feel free to read the guide to the guild if you haven't already on the topic of "phantom gifter". We don't tend to have many rules- but we do have rules about "begging". We had one member claiming a hacking some time back-- but it caused some suspicion and as a result we banned them.

1. People shouldn't have to worry about being conned out of their items/gold
2. Begging is obnoxious as can be.

But yes, it does seem to happen in towns, some of the games, and all of the forums on Main Gaia. I think it is like a pixelized version of someone coming up to you and asking "hay, I lik your car, can I have it plz!!!!" I highly dislike when the youngins' say they are "poor". The nice thing about Gaia is that if you don't have any money your Avatar doesn't get evicted from her E-apartment. Your avatar doesn't starve. Your avatar doesn't have medical bills (perhaps if the petition passes for pregnant avatars.... xp ). If in the real world the lack of money only meant that I'd be horrendously un-stylish, then I should think myself fortunate.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:36 pm
Oh yes, it seems beggars are on the rise here in gaia. In all reality I rather give them clothes or food, if they beg. biggrin  

AQuAxXxScORP_62704

Dark_Lady_Jade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:04 pm
I either ignore them or tell them no. Sometimes I might even agree.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:00 pm
I guess I don't go into towns or the forums...so I don't know what it's like from my end. The only time I was there was when I had no gold! sweatdrop  

kekadu
Crew

PinkSapphire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:14 pm
It irritates me so I tend to be really rude to them. Not that I can claim to be all that nice in the first place. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:19 pm
They PM me ALL. THE. TIME.

I usually write back telling them that I OFTEN give out stuff for no reason (which is true.) but if I am asked for things I get VERY mad and will never EVER give that person a thing because I find begging extraordinarily rude because if I HAVE gold I earned it. I don't know why but begging seriously pisses me off far more than is justified. redface  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lamb of G0D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:35 am
I have that problem as well.. I always tell them no or to go tree and bushing humping to get some gold if they are lucky!  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff