DOES YOUR CAT DO THIS? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anlina
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:28 pm
Several times a day. I'm really glad I have two cats, cause they really enjoy chasing each other around the house an wrestling during these periods. I think it would be much less fun if there was only one cat.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:02 pm
Snowflakes usually does that after she goes to the bathroom! whee  

Crazeh Spazzy Cat

gigi1232

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:41 pm
my cat does it al the time!it freaking scarey  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:32 am
I refer to it as "mad half hour" all my adult cats do it now and then, but my kitten who is 15 wks old has a mad half hour approx every hour at the moment! Ahh the folly of youth! biggrin

Felinady

Dnelle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:29 am
My kittens seem to do this early in the morning when I am trying to sleep (5am). We have hardwood floors so their gallops just make a bunch of noise!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:14 am
my cat do this too xd  

Svetic

Lavish Millionaire

Recohn

Dapper Smoker

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:31 am
My girl cat does that mainly at night when she gets real playful and hyper. My boy cat doesn't really do that, but he'll play and run around with her.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:46 pm
Basically those are called "Kitty Crazies"...they are short bursts of adrenaline in which your cat goes top speed, knocks things over, climbs drapes, etc....completely normal, in fact encouraged.  

The Lovely Catriona

Simply A Detective

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:59 pm
Venuslady
Does your cat get "The Rips"? Which is running through the house at top speed for no apparent reason? LOL my two cats do! Every morning!
rofl

I call my cat NASCAR Kitty when she does that. However my mom just calls it "one of her moods".  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:34 pm
My two cats get the Rips all the time (and you're actually the first person outside of my group of friends that I've heard use that term...) but they feed off of each other.

One will tear through the living room and up the stairs. The other will watch. When the first cat comes tearing back downstairs the second will jump off of his perch and join in the festivities... All my sister and I can do is pull our feet up when they run past and duck when they start using the furniture. rofl  

theHarechan

Dapper Lunatic

peachy piie_x

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:13 pm
My cat does that 24/7!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:44 pm
Oh my cat does that too but halfway down the hall he stops licks himself in the belly area and starts again for like 4 more and licks himself again  

Yumixfan

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

kirara-the-nekomata

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:51 pm
My cats rarely get the rips. It seems they are lazy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:10 am
Japi
My siamese cat does that every morning. whee She's so adorable. She never touches the floor though. She sticks to the couch, chairs, and ottoman in the living room, running accross any laps that happen to be in the way. My russian blue hates her for it though. He's a fatty, so he can't really move very well. I think he's jealous. xd

Haha, that sounds like my cats. xd

I have an almost 7 year old DSH tuxedo cat (I adopted her when she was about 4), and I'll admit she's chubby. I overfed her a bit when I first got her, and she never really lost the weight because I spoiled her and she got lazy.

Then when I started dating my current boyfriend and we moved back to his hometown, we adopted a kitten because my boyfriend really wanted to have a kitten again. The little guy is a grey and white DMH, breed unknown.

I feel sorry for my older cat, Cat (long story, inside joke with my ex), because she changed once we got the kitten. It's been almost a year and a half and she still hasn't gotten used to having to share the suite and our attention.

ANYWAYS, the point of this post... our kitten will tear around whatever suite we're living in, and I often joke that he's like a toddler on speed. Sometimes he'll try to play with Cat and she'll get mad at him so he'll take off, but often he sees something that's not there or he finds his own reason to get hyper, and then he's just up and over everything. sweatdrop It's just cute when he's doing it at a "trotting" speed because we have laminate floors in our kitchen and hallway, and you can hear his (and her) nails clacking lightly on the floor as they trot along.  

Nikolita

The Evil Mistress

Dangerous Dabbler

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:30 pm
Hahaha well one of my cats who died recently used to do that all the time o.o

Which was cool 'cause in order to make a turn, she'd ricochet off a wall xD  
An abnormal love of cats

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]