Here's just a little thing I discovered. As far as I know, it's only possible on Skyworld, but I haven't begun really testing it yet. Well, I'll just quote my original smashboards post:

Melomaniacal (me)

With all my lurking and searching, I did not find anything about this, but with my luck, I'm sure this is old news... but, oh well... I'll give it a shot (please lock/delete this thread if it's old).

Now, I'm not trying to create or discover the new wavedash, and I'm pretty sick myself of all the claims of wavedash discoveries. Regardless of how similar this is.

So, I was just practicing on Skyworld, and breaking the platforms, and I came across this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42zmBXyZ6u4 (sorry for the crappy quality)

Basically, by standing at the edge of one of the platforms with a broken one next to it, and pressing diagonally down/forward, you get this slide. It acts a little strange at times... sometimes you'll turn around, some attacks will cancel the momentum, some wont.

I did a little testing, and the cause of it seems to be that when you fastfall off an edge quickly, some characters feet will sort of twitch below them then come back up. So I guess since the platform is so close, that little twitch will hit the ground and send you forward.

I haven't tested all of the characters, but I know some characters cannot do it. Fox, Falco, and Luigi seemed to have the best results out of the characters I've tried it with. Zelda, Mario, Peach could not do it. Samus can barely do it. I think it has to do with how fast the character falls off the ledge, and timing may be slightly different depending on the character.

So, you can attack at any point in the slide, but any attack that either has backward momentum, or stopping power, will end the slide.

I doubt much will come from this, but it's still pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure Skyworld is the only stage where this is possible, but I could be wrong. I haven't really tested much.

So I still need to test which characters can and can't do it. I know that Luigi's forward smash will cancel the momentum, probably because the attack animation changes his stance and has stopping power. So as long as the attack doesn't have backwards momentum, the sliding will continue. Pretty interesting.

Too bad Skyworld isn't usually tournament legal whee