Reply The CLAMP Lovers Guild
Your introduction to CLAMP!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:11 pm
What was your first Clamp series ever? What was the one that got you hooked?

For me, it was not only my first but my first that got me hooked onto anime and later to manga~ 8D

My very first anime was "My Neighbor Totoro" and althought I remember enjoying it, I was far too young to think about looking into it. To me it was just another animated movie. :3

That was when I was about five.

Fast forward three years later (I'm eight at this point), my friend Katie, who was about two years older than I was, was watching Cardcaptor Sakura. But it was all in Japanese so obviously I had no idea what they were saying.

But I remember sitting there watching it and absolutely loving the drawings, loving the costumes and just... loving it! xD

Before it was aired in (not so great) english on KidsWB in the morning, I was watching a few other things but CCS was what got me going "I LOVE this stuff! I'm gonna go out and look for more!".

But yes, Cardcaptor Sakura was my first clamp and my first love of anime.

Share your stories! 8D <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:18 am
My first anime ever was Sailor Moon. I was only five years old when I started to watch it.

My first CLAMP anime was Magic Knight Rayearth. I was about nine years old when I first saw it. During that time I didn't know much about CLAMP.

I started to take interest in CLAMP after I read Wish. I've read all of CLAMP's manga and I watched all CLAMP's anime. Now I'm totally obsessed with CLAMP.  

Marusera

Cereah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:57 pm
Cardcaptor Sakura was my first manga and is what got me hooked to manga and CLAMP. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:11 pm
Cardcaptor Sakura. I don't know WHY Kids WB stopped the show.. anyways. I was sooooo curious to wonder what happened. Then a friend of mine (From CA) re-introduced me to CCS, Chobits, MKR, and so much more. I'm obsessed again. =)  

nya_Neko-chii

Single Gaian

21,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Divorced 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

Guardian Arlen

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:27 pm
My first CLAMP series was Cardcaptors, but that was way back when I didn't know CLAMP or what anime was. I watched it on Saturday mornings ^_^ I had recently looked back at Cardcaptors, it really surprise me when I saw Li was ga ga over Yukito.

The first time I actually got hooked with CLAMP was when I was browsing Border's Book Store and came across Tsubasa: Reservior Chronicles. I bought it and was instantly hooked. It was my fist manga book I ever owned, and I am glad it was that one. Since then I have been going through some of CLAMPS other works such as Rayearth, XXXHolic, RG Veda, Angelic Layer, and more.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:11 pm
My first Clamp Manga was Clamp School Detectives. My first Clamp Anime was Tokyo Babylon. Ever since then I have been hooked on Clamp's manga and anime too. I'm a big fan of their work. At the moment I'm into Code Geass.  

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Thak

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:27 pm
Here's my introduction to CLAMP story: I had found a picture or two of Magic Knight Rayearth off of a DBZ website. I soon found out the name of it and did some serious research and found the anime and the manga of it and found other series by the same author and have loved them since.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:26 pm
Cardcaptors, probably like the majority of people. 3nodding I can't honestly say I remember first watching it, just that as far back as I can remember, I've liked it. Alas, I couldn't see much of it then, but I started buying the manga a while later, then got into Angelic Layer, Chobits, and I guess it kind of snowballed from there. biggrin  

Ravenwolf

Friendly Werewolf

polaroid-pinup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:48 am
Well actually the first thing I ever saw by CLAMP was Card Captor Sakura but I was just an itty bitty tike then so I hardly even remeber it. Then I got into Anime and Manga thanks to some other animes. I read Legal Drug some time later (probably was too young but hey...) but while I did like it I didn't really make the conection to clamp. Later on I was introduced to Tsubasa when Gaia was promoting it and started reading the manga. It was a great way to get into them because it includes so many of the characters from other series that it got me branching out from there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:21 am
My first introduction to CLAMP was the "Cardcaptors" dub back in the day, though I hadn't known exactly who CLAMP was I was just kind of focused on the anime itself...XD then I kind of forgot about for several years and early last year I decided to read Tsubasa a year after doing prize art for someone (yeah it was on my to-read list that long x.x) it took me forever though since I'm lazy, had a job and such~ but I've been hooked on CLAMP ever since XD So I guess Tsubasa was what really got me into CLAMP ^^; After that, I was obsessed with SakuraxSyaoran so I went ahead and read the CCS manga and watched the anime in substitles xD then went onto other series like holic, Tokyo Babylon, etc  

x Amethyst Rose x

amburrito97

Fashionable Hunter

3,500 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:12 pm
i started sailor moon at like 5 for while it was on then watched mew mew power(later finished tokyo mew mew) and winx club when it was on 4kids
but wat got me into the anime craze was pandora hearts
and for manga was wish
im real new to the anime thing i actually started in march.. i started wish in june...i am on vol 3 of wish.
and then i started chobits i have 1 volume left to read...soon i will start clamp paranormal investigators and clover!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 pm
My first CLAMP was reading my sister's magic knight rayearth and tsubasa. After that i just kept reading/watching more of them and now i'm so hooked!  

kitten clamplover

The CLAMP Lovers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff