Prissy"s bitting and chewing problem...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XLeoxLady07X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:37 pm
Heres the thing:
My cat Prissy has this obbssesion with chewing and/or bitting on either any kind of plastic in my room or any and all pencils within reach!!
Plus, i cant tell you how many of my poneytail holders shes gotton a hold of! I cant leave the container out anymore, because she will open it herself and get them out!!! No kidding!! gonk
It drives me crazy and i dont know if its healthy or not....
Is there any way to stop her from chewing on these things<_>???

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:45 pm
I guess you can try a spray bottle and spray her with water everytime you catch her in the act and maybe she will get the hint and associate chewing on hairthings and plastic with something bad and when she does not chew give her a treat just like you would sorta train a dog.  

NightWolvesCry

Friendly Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Anlina
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:01 am
I would try providing her with something appropriate to chew and then treating everything else with something that tastes bad (diluted lemon juice, or you can look for anti-cat sprays at your pet store.)

You could try offering her some cat chews http://www.entirelypets.com/cchforca.html, a cardboard box to chew on, a pot of grass (my mum's cats also like to chew spider plant, which is easy to grow and safe) or look at the pet store for some cat toys designed for teething kittens.

Also make sure to take a look in her mouth and make sure her teeth and gums are healthy. If they are bothering her the chewing might be related.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:04 pm
Thanks girls!!
Shes starting to get the idea now that Her Toys are the only things that get chewed on heart
Shes still got some "issue" with plastic... but i'll figure that out later...
rolleyes sweatdrop

XLeoxLady07X

An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces