Submit

Are aliens real?
  Yes
  No
  Who Cares? GOLD!!!
View Results

Ybrik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:38 pm
OK, so I've been researching aliens, U.F.O.'s and extra-terrestrials as of late. There is a good deal of data compiled on the existence of them both pro and con. Much of this info coincides with personal experiences I have encountered. So, I want to know what you all think. Discuss the possibility of life on other planets. Have you ever personally experienced anything? Are they aliens or high-tech military projects leaked? Does the government know things they keep hidden or is this all just ridiculous mass hysteria and people looking for publicity? http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html --This is a link of famous NASA Astronaut Edgar Mitchell confirming extra-terrestrials as real. eek Let me know what you think peeps.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:40 pm
i truly believe that there is life on other planets. think about it. the universe is huge. how can we be the only living beings? i also think that extra-terrestrials do visit our planet, due to the fact that there has to be many different civilizations that are far more advanced than us. about 12 years ago, i saw what i believe to be a ufo zipping across the sky. it was seen by about 100 different people in the town i was visiting. of course, the news covered it and said that it was confirmed as a military plane. i questioned it because i've never seen a plane immediately change directions.  

Super Buick

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:41 am
I definitely thinkk they're out there, but whether or not they'd take an interest in our world is another matter entirely.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:35 am
I don't ~think~ I beleive that there are aliens out there with better technology or more advanced than we are...but I do beleive that there is other life forms out there somewhere. A strange kind of primitve bug of some sort - just like on Earth during the pre-human times.  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:10 am
i believe that there is other live somewhere out there, but i don´t know if they visit us.
i mean look at all the crap we send out look at our history, if i were in the space and would see that i guess i wouldn´t contact us.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:02 am
"Mostly harmless."  

Sheboygan Milad

The Full English

Aged Citizen

4,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:16 am
Humans have been around a long time and all thats has happened is the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. If there are aliens out there, i believe they wouldn't give a crap about humanity but would want earth for all it's natural resources.

Greed is universal  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:30 pm
Thanks to the power of radio all they would learn about us light years away is what was on TV and radio starting in the 1900's. They would know quite a bit about our culture from our broadcasts. We have been listening for them as well, but so far no definite alien signals have been detected.

I think there was life on Mars in the ancient past before it got too cold and dried out. Then there is Titian with it's vast ocean under the ice. Those are just 2 examples in our own solar system. There are billions of stars out there and somewhere there is likely at least one civilized world. It's a matter of odds to me. THe odds of anyone visiting Earth is highly remote though. That's why we may never know.  

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

Ybrik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:03 pm
I personally find it a little arrogant to believe the human race is the only intelligent life in the entire universe, as large as it is. I once saw a UFO (not to say an alien craft for certain), when I was in high school still, living with my parents. I was in the living room sometime after midnight watching a little television (I'm a bit of an insomniac) and I suddenly saw bright, blue light coming from the window. I went outside and saw what i can only describe as a saucer shaped, floating craft making no noise and hovering with 3 blue lights in a triangular fashion. It floated over our house and behind the neighborhood back into a forest. I wished to pursue it but I had awoken my mother who also saw it and forced me to come back inside. I'm not saying it was definitely an extra-terrestrial craft, it could have been a military ship of sorts, (We do have military bases nearby and being a small town, it would be easy to cover things up). What I am saying is that it was nothing that is commonly acknowledged to be in our skies. Also, it seems that since the government has so much say on what is released by the media not to mention that of the known telescopes on the planet capable of piercing far enough into the sky to see anything significant if it was there, nearly, if not all, are owned by the government's programs such as NASA or other counties' similar programs. If there was enough urge by the top brass to keep something classified, it would probably stay so. My only point is that with so many witnesses throughout the world, it seems unlikely that they are all crazy or looking for publicity or seeing flippin' weather balloons!
ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:21 pm
Has anyone ever read or heard the theories about many US military aircrafts and heciles (like the SR71) having been created from alien technology that was reverse engineered?

It's fascinating stuff and really makes you wonder.  

Headhunter
Crew

21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces