Reply 21+
Survey and Announcements

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:06 pm
The final round of awards has handed out for the 2008 oldie awards. Winners- if you haven't made your speeches/replies yet, please do so soon. If you did not win here are some helpful tips to help you win a 2009 Oldie:

1. Make sure you post any changes in your sn wink A few names in the member list had a lot of posts- but we didn't recognize the names.

2. Get out there- try out the contests, reply to threads, talk to other guild members. Many nominations are not decided by the mods, but by the general guild-- so make friends!

3. Some people were very hard to classify- if you haven't made one, please make an intro post in the introduction forum--even if you've been a member for years. This let's us know about who you are.

4. Keep on dropping by! Sometimes its hard to get everyone, and chances are if you've been an active member and keep doing so, eventually you will get an award of some sort.

Next order of business:

Feedback Survey. This is long, so don't worry about answering every question. We plan to make any future Oldies event more organized, but we need your input to make it even better if we do it again!

1. Did you Enjoy the 2008 Oldie Awards?

2. If applicable, Please list some of the things you liked about the Oldies

3. What things did you not like/would like to be done differently?

4. Has this event raised awareness about the pointy nature of forks?

5. Would you be interested in a 2009 Oldies Ceremony?

If so…

6. Did you enjoy the open nominations (people were allowed to nominate others for any reason) or would you prefer pre-set categories next year?

7. Do you prefer only one winner per category or more than one (why or why not)?

8. Should winners be limited to only one award, or should people win as many as they are nominated for?

9. Do you want Main Man to return as MC, one/all of the mods personally, or have the event fully co-hosted?

10. How about a contest to illustrate the 2009 Oldie award?

11. Do you prefer more or less red carpet grandstanding before names are announced?

12. More storyline around the event or less?

13. Would you prefer that less awards are handed out- making the award more rare or that heaps be handed out in order to include as many members as possible?

14. List the appetizers/refreshments you would like provided for next year. We enjoy putting Main Man into the kitchen as much as possible.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:07 pm
And p.s. there is a special surprise to be unveiled shortly!  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Super Buick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:20 am
ooooh... i like surprises. as for the survey, i'm gonna have to fill it out later. i'm exhausted.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:23 am
1. Did you Enjoy the 2008 Oldie Awards? Yeah! I loved the Oldie Awards! It was great and I had a ton of fun reading/listening to the acceptance speeches and whatnot. Bring this back next year!

2. If applicable, Please list some of the things you liked about the Oldies Oops! Sorta did that above, but I'll restate. I had fun reading/listening to the acceptance speeches, presentation of the awards was cool also, and lastly I liked the pre-award ceremony (nominations and such).

3. What things did you not like/would like to be done differently? I wasn't too much of a fan of bringing in "celebrities" to announce winners and meet people on the carpet. It just didn't seem right to have "outsiders" who know nothing about us to talk about us and to us. (maybe that's just me, but I didn't care for it.)

4. Has this event raised awareness about the pointy nature of forks? Say what?!

5. Would you be interested in a 2009 Oldies Ceremony? As I stated in the first answer, MOST DEFINITELY!

If so…

6. Did you enjoy the open nominations (people were allowed to nominate others for any reason) or would you prefer pre-set categories next year? I love the idea of nominating people for any reason! I know I don't always fit into a neat category (especially in real life). rolleyes

7. Do you prefer only one winner per category or more than one (why or why not)? More than one winner because we can see more variety in how the award could be won. 3nodding

8. Should winners be limited to only one award, or should people win as many as they are nominated for? Let them win as many as they are nominated for, but don't make a huge deal about it. I mean, heck, in real life some people win multiple awards so why should this be any different?!

9. Do you want Main Man to return as MC, one/all of the mods personally, or have the event fully co-hosted? Let Main Man be the MC, but let each mod or someone co-host. I mean they do similar things with the Emmys and Grammy's etc. Hey, that's it we could've had a "Granny" rofl (sorry couldn't help myself).

10. How about a contest to illustrate the 2009 Oldie award? That'd be cool and then we can give that person an Oldie as well. 3nodding

11. Do you prefer more or less red carpet grandstanding before names are announced? About what we had this year was sufficient for me. 3nodding

12. More storyline around the event or less? Does not matter much to me. I'm flexible I'll go with whatever we decide.

13. Would you prefer that less awards are handed out- making the award more rare or that heaps be handed out in order to include as many members as possible? I think we should hand out as many as possible so no one feels left out. blaugh heart

14. List the appetizers/refreshments you would like provided for next year. We enjoy putting Main Man into the kitchen as much as possible.Man, you would ask that and I haven't had lunch yet! xd (this is is going to be long then lol ) Margarettias, wines, champanges, mozzarella sticks, onion petals, chocolate covered fruit, veggies and dip, fondue, wedding mints, nuts, popcorn, soda pop, fruit punch, bread and dip (you know like the dipping breads), cake, cookies, fudge, muffins, and...oh I think this is enough to get started. blaugh  

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:32 pm
damnatio, i'm sorry about your loss. i don't think tho, that any of the mods were trying to guilt anyone into anything, you didn't have to respond or even read the thread if you don't want to. trust me, no one will get angry at you, we'll still luff you heart

Feedback Survey.

Yeis!! It was fun and the whole reading the antics of the mods and announcers was funny ^_^ winning an oldy was certainly an honor too, i like to know i'm luffed ^_^

2. If applicable, Please list some of the things you liked about the Oldies:

I liked main man's story lines, the red carpet review, the jokes and antics, and recognizing some of the members that make this guild so fun!

maybe there should be set categories for people to vote on at least the nominees, and then some extra random categories.. i think it should go by a LEETLE faster too xd

why, yes, indeed it has.. and about headhunter's innate ability to kidnap himself....

cool beans!

If so…

6. Did you enjoy the open nominations (people were allowed to nominate others for any reason) or would you prefer pre-set categories next year?

like i said, maybe some set ones and then an opening for a number of special random ones.. you know, just to kee things organized.

7. Do you prefer only one winner per category or more than one (why or why not)?

depends on the situation.. if two members were just way too awesome, and they deserve it, then by god, give them both an oldie!

8. Should winners be limited to only one award, or should people win as many as they are nominated for?

maybe it should be limited so everyone gets a chance and no one feels left out.

9. Do you want Main Man to return as MC, one/all of the mods personally, or have the event fully co-hosted?

main man is an awesome Master of Ceremony, and i think like the oscars or summat, that the rest of the mods should present awards here and there, and some special people for red carpet reviews.. the stories get funner the more people pitch in!

an awesome idea.

11. Do you prefer more or less red carpet grandstanding before names are announced?

as long as it stays witty, funny and iteresting, as much as you'd like!

a lil more

13. Would you prefer that less awards are handed out- making the award more rare or that heaps be handed out in order to include as many members as possible?

enough to include lots of special people, but that doesn't make main man go bankrupt.

14. List the appetizers/refreshments you would like provided for next year. We enjoy putting Main Man into the kitchen as much as possible.

FOOOOOOOOD! we need SUSHI! and and PECKING DUCK! and mojitos and cosmos and mozzarella sticks and cakes and pies and pizza and doughnuts and gnocchi and BLOOMING ONIONS and cookies and KETTLE CORN and seasoned corn on the cob like in Chili's and seasoned french fries and PEEPS and and and and and and.... ZOMG! *dies* heart lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:29 pm
damnatio memoriae
I would just like to comment and say that I really do not enjoy pretty much being forced to make an "acceptance speech". Sorry if that seems like a grumpy thing to say but I prefer to interact with this guild on my own terms, not because someone is pushing me to respond to an "award" that I won. I also feel that an award show that makes up random awards and hands them out to everyone is a little boring. I also don't enjoy being "guilted" into responding to something that I really didn't want to participate in in the first place. Again, I'm sorry for seeming grumpy about this, but while this award show has been going on I've been dealing with a death in the family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Damnatio, I also lost a family member during the ceremony -my Grandma, about three weeks ago- hence my inactivity for a little while there, so I do have some understanding of what you are going through in that regard.

I'm also so sorry that you felt you were being forced or guilted into anything during the ceremony. It really was not our intent at all, we are just constantly trying to come up with different things for the guild to do to make it a little more interesting for the members. If you don't want to accept your award, that is totally, totally fine, no hard feelings from us at all. I guess the main point of this whole thing was to make sure members realised that we notice and appreciate them -the guild is growing, and we didn't want anyone to get lost or feel they had slipped through the cracks.

Once again, sorry for your loss, and if you ever feel that you need to talk about it with someone who is going through something similar, I'm only a pm away.  

Doressa
Captain

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:54 pm
I'm really sorry about your loss. Our intent with the acceptance speeches wasn't to make anyone feel guilted into replying. Rather, it was 1. because we thought it would be kind of fun, since people make silly speeches at the Oscars and such we thought it would be a great way to see what people came up with. 2. It's also a practical concern about trades. We wanted to give out awards to people both active members and those who haven't been around as of lately. Unfortunately, for people without access, they cannot claim their trades. By having people respond to the thread it also lets us know who might have enough access to the computer/net to be able to accept a trade.

Our intention wasn't to make anyone feel forced, but rather to make people feel appreciated. I cannot convey just how much of a priority that is for myself and the other mods. Unfortunately we cannot always articulate adequately what it is about each individual member we respect and enjoy. We don't want to exhaust "he/she's nice". Some of the categories are vague, but unfortunately Gaia does not organize back logged posts in the guilds outside of date of last reply. I did my best to re-read as much material as possible to bring up specific examples, but unfortunately that is not always an easy undertaking.

I know many people got nominated- and we don't mean to depreciate the value of the awards. But I for one believe this guild is filled with many, many talented and incredible individuals. I don't believe we should limit things just because we have an abundance of amazing people. It's quite a task trying to choose between two candidates equally possessing of excellence. So we erred on the side of "the more the merrier".  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:23 pm
Hell yeah they were awesome!

2. If applicable, Please list some of the things you liked about the Oldies
I won a prize. They were humorous and enjoyable to read what all people were nominated for.

Well maybe make it more accessible for people to vote on people. Or maybe I'm just really oblivious.

Forks? I like sporks!

Absolutely!

If so…

I would like both actually, then again some of the same pre-set categories could be what people were nominated for. But I do like randomness.

Multiple people can infact have the same quirks and qualites, so yeah more then one nomination. Like maybe 3, yeah 3 per category, 3 is a good number.

Not limited but not so many that people become favorited. So only seven for them.

Main Man definitely needs to come back, maybe there could be co-hosts too.

That would be so cool.

I liked what we had this year.

Storylines are cool, so more.

I don't really know how many people are in the guild, but something for all is cool, it may be improbable though.

Wow...that's got infinate possilbities:
Fondue, Tortes, Avacodo Dip, Chocolate Cover Strawberries, Swiss Cheese and Ham Rollups, Chicken Cordon Blue, Vegan Cupcakes made with Green Tea, Mouse, Pink Squirrels, Mud Slides, sliced carrots, peppers, and tomato wedges, Guinness Bread, Snickerdoodles...okay I'm making myself hungry now  

RisuNyfiken

Minnie LeMoo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:12 pm
I think I'm too lazy to answer the whole survey, but to summarise my thoughts:

~I am now far more aware of the pointiness of forks
~I thought the whole ceremony was fantastic, but was a little unclear on the nominating system. Next year I'll definitely nominate more!
~Next year will be fun!
~Can we have punch?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:56 pm
1. Did you Enjoy the 2008 Oldie Awards? Yes I thought it was great.

2. If applicable, Please list some of the things you liked about the Oldies. I liked the trophy drawing and the award show format.

3. What things did you not like/would like to be done differently? I'd track the winners on a post on the first page.

4. Has this event raised awareness about the pointy nature of forks? Not really.

5. Would you be interested in a 2009 Oldies Ceremony? Yes, it would be great again I'm sure.

If so…

I think a few presets and some nominees too would be kinda cool.
Maybe next time one winner per category, but if it's all pre-sets then multiples should be allowed. Basically, it depends.

8. Should winners be limited to only one award, or should people win as many as they are nominated for? People should win as many as they are nominated for.

9. Do you want Main Man to return as MC, one/all of the mods personally, or have the event fully co-hosted? I don't mind either way. It keep Main Man busy though, so why not leave it with him.

10. How about a contest to illustrate the 2009 Oldie award? Sounds like fun.

11. Do you prefer more or less red carpet grandstanding before names are announced? The same amount is fine.

12. More storyline around the event or less? Not too much.

13. Would you prefer that less awards are handed out- making the award more rare or that heaps be handed out in order to include as many members as possible? I liked the way it was pretty inclusive this year.

14. List the appetizers/refreshments you would like provided for next year. We enjoy putting Main Man into the kitchen as much as possible. Punch, champagne of course, nothing too filling since we have to fit into those dresses.  

Ellavemia

7,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items