Reply Dead/Old/Zombie threads
The Numbers Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ButterflyRevolution

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:08 pm
The thing that has me most confused right now are the numbers- what are their significance? I didn't see a thread soley for the purpose of guessing at their purpose, so... go for it!

Hurley
4 8 15 16 23 42

I was reading the FAQ on the oceanicflight815 website, and there is a segment on the numbers. As i read, i saw the connection:

Oceanic Flight 8 15, leaving from gate 42. Are there any more of the numbers involved with the flight?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:32 pm
Sure are. Jack is seated in seat 23 and ana lucia is seated in seat 42...or the other way around....either way  

Sanera

ButterflyRevolution

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:29 am
Sanera
Sure are. Jack is seated in seat 23 and ana lucia is seated in seat 42...or the other way around....either way

Ana Lucia is in 42F- she was in the rear of the plane. I didn't see the episode with her in it, but from reading about her, i don't especially like her. Jack should be with Kate!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:04 am
ButterflyRevolution
Sanera

Ana Lucia is in 42F- she was in the rear of the plane. I didn't see the episode with her in it, but from reading about her, i don't especially like her. Jack should be with Kate!
NO! Kate must be with Sawyer! Jack can be with...Vincent or something.  

Tyo Blu
Crew

ButterflyRevolution

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:38 am
Tyo Blu
ButterflyRevolution
Sanera

Le ew! If Kate is with Sawyer (which is kinkier and therefore yummier than vanilla Kate/Jack), then Jack will be with... Charlie.

Ana Lucia can be with Sun.

That would be hawt. I smell a smutfic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:08 pm
I was watching the 2nd ep on the DVD with the commentary, and there was some stuff about the numbers, like people's ages and stuff that the writers were talking about. I'll have to watch it again to check the details, though. The thing that bugs me about the commentary is how they're always like "We should tell them what the monster is" and then someone's like "yeah. We should" and then they don't. Otherwise it's great. But I should post this in the thread about the DVD...  

lemonhobbit
Captain

Kitty-Cato

Unholy Dabbler

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:51 pm
I have no idea what the numbers mean. But the 16 strikes me... weren't the first castaways stranded on the island 16 years ago? neutral hmmmmm.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:23 pm
lemonhobbit
I was watching the 2nd ep on the DVD with the commentary, and there was some stuff about the numbers, like people's ages and stuff that the writers were talking about. I'll have to watch it again to check the details, though. The thing that bugs me about the commentary is how they're always like "We should tell them what the monster is" and then someone's like "yeah. We should" and then they don't. Otherwise it's great. But I should post this in the thread about the DVD...

They do that cause they hate us, I'm sure.  

TheTsunuffy
Crew

Sanera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:36 pm
Tyo Blu
ButterflyRevolution
Sanera

AHAHAHA YES!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:56 pm
Sanera
Tyo Blu
ButterflyRevolution
Sanera

AHAHAHA YES!

No, Vincent's with the polar bear!  

Merily
Vice Captain

Triska

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:13 pm
This just came to me. 42 is the answer to life, the univers, and everything. Now that may not have anything to do with the story. But you have no idea as to where the Hitch-Hiker fans are located. Technectly Trinity and Neo on the Matrix were at floor 42 when they blew the building.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:40 pm
Triska
This just came to me. 42 is the answer to life, the univers, and everything. Now that may not have anything to do with the story. But you have no idea as to where the Hitch-Hiker fans are located. Technectly Trinity and Neo on the Matrix were at floor 42 when they blew the building.
exclaim Meep! Hitchhikers Guide! I wonder if J.J. is a fan....  

tenigee

Tsunuffy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:56 pm
tenigee
Triska
exclaim Meep! Hitchhikers Guide! I wonder if J.J. is a fan....

Well, odds are one of the writers/producers is a fan. We're invasive.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:53 pm
The numbers are everywhere. Everywhere.

In the season finale, when Hurley's in the airport, there were numbers left and right.
The numbers are inside the hatch everywhere, people have personal connections with the numbers. The time 8:15 and similar numbers have been used multiple times.

I mean, they're simply everywhere. What do they mean? I have no idea at all!  

Alhyia

Merily
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:03 pm
And in the fist episode of season 2- the numbers on the exercise bike was 16 MPH... and 42 was on something... bugger, I can't remember! I'll get back to you when I watch it again. sweatdrop  
Dead/Old/Zombie threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff