Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:15 am
Hiya all

Last night my fiancé romanticly told me that he would like to go to Egypt on our honeymoon, which made me extactic!

He doesn't mind where he goes in Egypt so I've been thinking the pros and cons of different places to go in Egpt:

Cairo:
Pro - Lots of culture, got access to the Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx and Cairo Museum
Con - Very congested and polluted

Luxor:
Pro - Culture, access to temples, Luxor Museum and felucca rides
Con - Nowhere near as much culture as Cairo

Taba:
Pro - Quiet, got a beach (Red Sea), access to trips to Israel, Dead Sea
Con - No history, no culture, too isolated

Hurghada:
Pro - Lovely town, got a beach
Con - Too many Dutch people, no culture and no history

Sharm El Shiek (never been):
Pro - clubs, beach
Con - not familiar of the place, no history

Aswan:
Pro - History, access to Airport to Abu Simbel, felucca and camal trips, Philae temple
Con - Too hot

Alexandra (never been):
Pro - On the Med, cooler, history
Con - Not familiar of the place

We may go on the Nile cruise for a week (Luxor - Aswan) then have another week or R&R. I want to go in the autumn or spring, when ever we get married (we did plan on marrying in April) but it is more expensive but fiancé can't cope with too much heat.

What do you think then?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:38 pm
If you could go to Alexandria and Cairo, that would be cool. Those are two of the places I'd love to go.  

ROMVLVS

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

Neshumurru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:33 pm
Well if you go, I wish you the best of luck.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:23 pm
What's wrong with Dutch people? confused xD

Maybe Alexandria and Sharm el Sheikh? Broaden your horizons! Venture forth into the great unknown! scream Well, not quite that unknown...  

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:50 pm
Nevira Shadowfire

Maybe Alexandria and Sharm el Sheikh? Broaden your horizons! Venture forth into the great unknown! scream Well, not quite that unknown...
I'm um and er-ing between Alexandria and Cairo now. If I go on the Nile cruise I'll see everything between Luxor and Aswan (and possibly Abu Simbel).

I know Alexandria has history because of the Ptolemy's and Cleopatra's, it had the Library there as well. But at Cairo you have the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx and that is something I want to show my future husband xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:50 am
Rennie`
Nevira Shadowfire

I'm um and er-ing between Alexandria and Cairo now. If I go on the Nile cruise I'll see everything between Luxor and Aswan (and possibly Abu Simbel).

I know Alexandria has history because of the Ptolemy's and Cleopatra's, it had the Library there as well. But at Cairo you have the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx and that is something I want to show my future husband xd

I heard Abu Simbel was amazing from a classmate who used to live in Egypt. But I think the important thing to remember is that this is your honeymoon... and it looks like you guys probably will return to Egypt another time... so I'd suggest to do all the terribly touristy but very cute things like ride a camel together XP And I think you're right, Cairo and Alexandria both sound like very good options.  

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

The Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces