Reply T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.
What Makes Us Like An Anime Opening/Ending? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittlePervert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:06 pm
Ok, This Question Just Sprung Into My Mind Randomly But..
Alot Of Say We Like Anime Opeing And Ending..
But Why Do We?
It Is Beacuse The Tunes Are So Catchy?
Beacause The Songs Are Meaningful?
Beacuse You Can Realte/Connect To The Song In One Way Or Another?
Or Just Beacuse The Words Are So Beautiful?

Heh, You Get My Point On This Right? sweatdrop

..So What About Them Makes You Like Them..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:15 pm
What I really like about an opening theme is something catchy that will get you really excited for the upcoming episode. What I like about an ending theme song is something that is pretty and probably more down beat so you can reflect on the episode. Like the ending theme song from Wolfs Rain Gravity *laughs*  

Lady of the Eclipse

RandomSelekt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 am
I like anime openings and endings if they are catchy, fit with the animation, and is aesthetically pleasing. Tank! from Cowboy Bebop, catchy and syncs up well with the action presented on screen to create what I feel is an awesome anime opening.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 am
I like the catchy songs and how the animation is usually unique ( not scenes in the the actually anime). And sometimes a song will just plain connect to me, making me connect even more with the series or a certain character.  

Banditkitty85

Sparkling Fairy

42,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Serj18

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:46 pm
ummm... I guess a good song is important. Like L arc en ciel- drivers high in GTO opening. What I really HATE are those stupid annoying anime openings where they sing nonsense text at a very fast speed with girly voices... like um... galaxy angel, azumanga and luckystar... yup those are pretty good negative examples. I think only japanized coala chips eating weaboo fags and narutards could enjoy such stuff  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:08 pm
If I really like the melody and if the lyrics are meaningful. Some of the openings/endings have such gorgeous lyrics! Though sometimes I'll take the song if it's just catchy. But mostly I go for lyrics. Like the OP to Bleach - I don't particularly lke the tune, but the lyrics are breath-taking!  

Tarantellatears

Nakano Broadway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:55 pm
I like songs that are used as OP/ED with animation that fits them. It's sort of like how I usually mostly listen to music that I've found through AMVs - it gives the song more meaning if you have images to connect it to.

Unfortunately, a lot of OP/EDs these days are just still-frames or scenes from the anime shoved randomly together with music. It's fine to use some stills, but the ones that really catch my eye have at least some movement that fits with the song. That's what makes 'Motteke! Sailor Fuku" and "Hare Hare Yukai" so interesting. Other good examples are "Bouken Desho Desho" from Haruhi, "Change the World" from Inuyasha, and "Hajimari no Kaze" from The Story of Saiunkoku.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:13 am
Hmm, for me it's matter of taste. If I find a song catchy, I'll pick up the tune quickly and look forward to hearing it each time it plays. Like Lady of the Eclipse wrote, I like the type of tune that gets you excited to see what's coming up.

There are songs like "Morning Grace" from Princess Tutu and "Lillium" from Elfen Lied that are lovely to listen to. Then there are songs like "Melissa" and "Kesenai Tsumi" from FMA than I love to sing along to.

Negima!, Negima!? and Lucky☆Star sport the best tunes however. They have openings that my little brother and I sing and dance to whenever they come on XD

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:49 am
I'm with Cher, if I like it, I like it.

Sometimes I like it just for the song, sometimes I like the actually footage with it too.

I don't like those themes that just talk about the show and it's characters - except for Digimon, 'cause Digimon = pure win.

One opening I really like is Ergo Proxy's - the song is Kiri by Monoral, I like it for several reasons, one is it's a gorgeous song, and I find it interesting that it's actually in English in both versions, not that I have anything against Japanese versions, it's just it piqcued my curiousity kinda, because it was different. :3 The video however may be good, but it gets annoying with all it's flashy-confusing-ness. xD;

I do like the Japanese songs though, I may not like the Japanese vocals for the actual shows, but the songs and lyrics are absolutely gorgeous, for the majority of the time.

Another show I love the OP's and ends for is Eureka seveN. You can tell they put a good bit of work into the soundtrack of it, and I love it. ( I needs to get me the second season OST!!! ) The videos were average for it - I always found it amusing that there was a falling scene in them xD. And sometimes they used clips from the show, but it was always minor, like for instance, in the first season OP they used a small clip and you didn't even notice until after you finish the season, it wasn't obvious that's where it was from.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:23 pm
because they require no thought. like, during the anime you wonder omg what's going on or who likes who and etc but the opening/ending is just a summary of everything that packs action, pretty pictures, and catchy tunes into one. so of course you just sit there going "yay!" and before you know it, you're addicted to watching anime opening/endings because it's so much more entertaining neutral  

RayneJade

Shadowy Enchantress

29,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50

Ixcilia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:01 pm
I really like opening songs that are catchy and songs that just make you want to go "Yeah!" when they come on. I like ending songs that have a meaning to it, and lets you think about what you just watched.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:51 pm
I like songs that have really interesting sound, if it's just different I generally like it. It's also much better if the song isn't the kind that gets annoying after you've heard it for the millionth time.  

_shuriken7_

Rio diGennaio

Greedy Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:37 am
I have seen what lurks beyond the door of death...

I look for not only excellent music, but good graphics that can actually catch the eye, like the beginning of E's Otherwise. Boys Be... for example, did not have the best opening in my perspective. I also look for when the sequences in the opening/ending match the lyrics/beats of the song, like the second ending of Final Fantasy: Unlimited. I'm not too into the whole standstill or black-background-with-pictures-in-boxes ending, like with Naruto and-recently-with Bleach.

...but I have not seen what lurks beyond the door of life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:41 pm
i usually like fast- bubblely opening songs and if the series is more of a serious one slow meaningful ending songs. But thats just me- I love J-pop more than any other kind of music.  

Halycon_Galanodel

alvhinne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:40 am
Halycon_Galanodel
i usually like fast- bubblely opening songs and if the series is more of a serious one slow meaningful ending songs. But thats just me- I love J-pop more than any other kind of music.

i agree... my iPoD lot of anime soundtracks... esp Negima... now im converted to a J-Pop freak... xd  
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff