Subforum News 6/18/08

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:50 pm
Howdy!

This is a new trend to get you up to date with the latest and the greatest in the 21+ Headed for the home Subforums! Do you know we have 9 fabulous subforums?

Here's what's new!

- Introductions: Sheboygan Milad, Dameria, anonymous new life, and Ramock have all made their fabulous entrance. Have you gotten to know them yet? If you've been wanting to meet people in the guild this is your place! Every new member is a possible new best friend. This is a great place to find out who has similar common interests to you--start reading!

-Contests and Games: this is one of the fastest moving subforums. Don't have time for lengthy posts? This is a great place to drop in, make a quick 50gold first posting bonus, and have FUN. Got a game idea? Make a thread. The power of "new topic" is yours! Popular games currently are the word association game, the in my pants game (no, not my pants!), and the alphabet game. You can also see the entries of the (now closed) guild week caption contest- good for a laugh!

-Crew: it's the bat cave. Can't say what goes on in there >.> Maybe we're plotting diabolical things. It's a mystery worthy of James Patterson.

-The RP forum: We have one. We want to use it. Make posts- don't be shy. Not big into rp? Then we entreat you to be a lurker and enjoy the unfurling plots. Unfurl, unfurl.

-The Art Subforum: Check out Emily Scissorhand's "Boredom in Spanish Class", Bunny's deviant art (drawings and photos yay!), Dustinsanity's card game art, or for a more abstract side- Phataki Prema's "Chaos". Post your own works- don't be shy! Not an artist? Artists still love your feedback, make a post to let them know you've enjoyed their art.

-Chinchillas: It's errr.. chincill-erific! You know you wanna see what it's all about.

-Polls: Quick, easy, GOLD. If you've spent time in Chatterbox in main gaia scouting out polls THIS is the subforum for you. Make polls, vote in polls, and offer feedback in threads. We have polls on the Summer, quitting smoking, marriage, and crying during movies! It's the place to voice your opinion- or to find out about the opinions of others. Come on- get your poll gold!

-The Writer's Block: Once again, if you're not a writer readers are welcome, and feedback is also welcome. Remember- guild members post so you can read and enjoy. We have a story by Phataki-Prema, philosophical pieces by Spectremis, and the Emily Scissorhands works you love to read. Or if you want to make a thread about writing- make it here. Talk about the craft, or throw out ideas for a piece and get feedback. It's the best tool for a writer since the Egyptians rocked Papyrus.

-Earth Week: In a few months- it begins again.

-Goal Post: Help the Full English reach the mark of 5000 comments. Be a support to fellow guild members and receive support on your own journey. It's all the inspiration of Oprah without guest appearances by Dr. Phil-- doesn't get much better than that! Seriously, guaranteed to be 100% Dr. Phil Free.

Now some of you may say "The subforums don't move as fast as the main forum". But you can change that smile This helps prevent over-bumping on the main forum, but it also allows you to find those specific interests. Unlike the rest of Gaia we will not get mean about "posting in the wrong subforum". So don't be afraid to post in them! Things don't always fall neatly into the categories.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:19 pm
Well said!! 3nodding xd  

Doressa
Captain

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:09 am
Thanks for posting this, very helpful!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:29 pm
I've done this about once before. Now and then I figure it's good to let people know what is new in the subforums. Especially since in the art and writing subforums people are letting the guild see their masterpieces- and sometimes people don't get many replies. I think because they do move a little slower people don't always check them for new threads.

I know there are always ideas for new subforums- but we want to get the ones we currently have more visits before making more subforums.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:42 pm
Good job raising awareness on the subforums. I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things in the writer's forum in some form or another.

The story I've posted a little bit of is almost finished, actually...hmmm...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:17 pm
I want to bump this thread up, since it is important! xd We have such cool subforums!  

kekadu
Crew

21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces