Reply 21+
A bit of costume advice... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:36 pm
A while back, I was thinking about making a Harley Quinn costume. Since I don't have the cash to afford the official costume (Which doesn't look that great anyway), I decided to create my own.

My plan was to recreate her costume while still keeping with the Harley Quinn spirit, and this is what I came up with:

User Image

So I decided to resurrect the idea for the Dark Knight movie... So I wondered: What would Harley Quinn look like in the new Dark Knight movie? And after experimenting a bit with what little costume I had, this is what I came up with:

User Image
User Image

It needs a bit of work, and I took a few liberties with the costume. The hat was originally black and white, and I'm slowly turning it black and red instead. And I need to trim the mask down a bit too, so it's slightly smaller.

So what do you guys think? I need opinions.

Can you see what I'm going for? Am I ruining the Harley Quinn character? What do you guys think?

Oh, and for those who have never seen Harley Quinn, here's what she looks like Officially:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:43 am
I think you are doing fine with the costume. It certainly keeps in the spirit of Harley and i don't think anyone will begrudge you "tweaking" the costume a bit given the circumstances of the costume being soo pricey and spandexy... I think it'll look great for the movie release and in general! It's cool! biggrin  

Ybrik

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 am
Oh my goodness! You look fabulous!
heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:36 pm
heart heart

That's awesome! It's so good I don't know what would really need tweaking!

The only thing missing is Mr. J  

AntoniaMerEnfant

kekadu
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:54 pm
I don't think it looks far off from the original. Plus, it looks awesome! Nice work!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:39 pm
It looks fantastic!!! Well done!  

Doressa
Captain

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Thanks, guys! ^_^

I'll post more pictures when I get closer to completing it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:56 pm
Can't wait!  

Doressa
Captain

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 pm
I love it!

I am hoping to be able to go with my friend Mali to a midnight showing of Dark Knight. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:20 am
Oh it looks great!!! How about adding a wide white lace choker and maybe matching wrist cuffs.  

Lisetta

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:35 pm
WOW you look great, love the modern twist you gave the outfit!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Thanks, everyone!

Lisetta
Oh it looks great!!! How about adding a wide white lace choker and maybe matching wrist cuffs.

I'll give the lace choker a try if I can locate a good one. I'm going to add red and black gloves with white ruffly thingies.

And here's my Joker!

Tonight, we ran a makeup test on him... We didn't have the right makeup with us at the moment, so we did this with just eyeliner and lipstick. Hopefully, it'll look better when we get the right makeup. (Especially the white clown makeup and green-tinted hair.)

--That's meee, with the Joker threatening me. ^_^

User Image
--Me and the Joker again.

User Image
--And just the Joker.  

EmilyScissorhands

Ybrik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:29 pm
Those pictures turned out great! Who was the Joker? oh yeah!!!! It was MEEE!!! I can't wait to see us in our costumes together when they're done. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:38 pm
Very Nice  

dakotarayne
Vice Captain

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:41 pm
I think the costume has turned out great so far. The only thing I would suggest is possibly stuffing the hat a bit with cotton. You can buy cotton stuffing at WalMart, and it's really easy stuff to work with.

Can't wait to see it when it's done.
IEditYourWorld  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas