View Results

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:33 am
i personally think that you should only need to hit it once. I cant tell you how many times ive beaten the crap out of it, only to have my enemy come from behind hit it once and proceed to destroy me. This has made me really hate the smash ball. I never play with it anymore.

which reminds me: i had a very weird thing happen to me. My brother and i were playing brawl, and we were just messing around, i was falco he was snake, and at one point falco had died and he came back to life with his final smash.... and the items were off. I tested this out afterwards and correct me if im wrong, but i think if the opponent has a 7 point lead they get a final smash. or it could be a glitch.

thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 am
That would be the pity final smash.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

RWTHTMM

10,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25 am
im not against smash ball,
i dont like to play with it all the time
but sometimes is funny  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:11 pm
Yeah, that's what happens to me as well. I whack it, try to keep the CPU away, and it gets one or to hits in and take the ball. I then frantically whack the CPU trying to smash it outta him, but with no luck... Then I fly off screen.. Usually. However, against Snake's final smash, I can stay on the screen.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Psychicmind

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:11 pm
It's called strategy, son. The smash ball has 25% health, and it loses 1% every second. A good player will let someone else do most of the damage and then take a whack at it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:00 am
You know what I've noticed? The ball actually trys to avoid players with a lot of activity. Therefore, if you stand still, the ball will actually fly to you (after it's been beaten up a couple times) within hitting range.  

scooterdude34

wafl_boy9000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:47 am
if someone else got a final smash i'd rather take a death and let their final smash wear off then just kill them; it's easier  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:43 pm
be strategic and manipulate others to weaken it for you. be mentally ready to brawl too.  

Blind Oracle

Jebrone Kitty

7,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:02 am
Yes the smash ball does avoid people slightly, its like you attack and it sends out a wave of air, so the air pushes the smash ball. Also It does lose health over time, thats why sometimes you can break it in 1 hit sometimes.

ANOTHER THING TO MENTION, the game GIVES you a final smash if your behind by alot, like a pity gift, for losers.

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games