Welcome to Gaia! ::

::;Eminent SasuNaru/ NaruSasu love::;

Back to Guilds

Read the title (Kind of like, a Slash Paradise) 

Tags: SasuNaru, NaruSasu, Naruto, Debates, Discussions 

Reply ~Art/ Library Room~
Challenges, anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What kinds of fics do you read the most?
  Fluff
  Angst
  Smut
  Drama
  Friendship
  Other... *wink*
  I DUN READS THEM! :O
View Results

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:19 pm
So... here's the deal:

I have a massive case of pre-exam overload in my head, and I know that when school is finally over for the year I'm going to want to write something badly... and I'll need an idea quick, too. And then I thought to myself, "Surely I'm not the only writer here. And surely there are some in the same situation as me."

The idea is that everyone in the guild contributes a few themes (you know how they create those challenges with themes to them?) and we make a giant list of... oh, let's aim for one hundred themes. If we get more or less than that, so be it. 3nodding And after it's all finished, we can all have fun writing The Official Gaia Sasunaru/Narusasu Discussion Guild 101-Theme Challenge!

So... who's for it? whee

RULES: (tentatively set)
- Themes are approximately one to four words in length. The shorter, the better.
- No spamming themes.
- Please be open-minded: If someone thinks a theme could be bettered by changing one or two words, you are under no obligation to accept, but please consider it seriously.
- If a theme is commonly thought to be inappropriate for Sasunaru/Narusasu with good reason, it may be subject to removal from the list.
- Just have fun and be respectful. 3nodding

Thank you! Hopefully we can turn this into something really great. heart

THE OFFICIAL THEME LIST:

01. Time
02. Crazy
03. Bubbles
04. Tinfoil
05. Cooking 101
06. Role reverse
07. Toes
08. Forget-me-not
09. Little things
10. Pranks
11. Midnight
12. Roses are red
13. Banana phone
14. Road dogs
15. Serenade
16. Sugar
17. Saved
18. Between the sheets
19. Hurting
20. Seasons
21. Morning
22. Old days
23. Sun
24. Home
25. Exams
26. Incognito
27. Celebration
28. Shut up
29. Message
30. Walls
31. Dance
32. Rain
33. Achoo!
34. Vacation
35. Stars
36. Goodbye
37. Burden
38. Contest
39. Penny
40. Denial
41. Contrast
42. Photograph
43. Crush
44. Eyes
45. Fever
46. Boat
47. Broken record
48. Foxy
49. Wings
50. Alone
51. Electric
52. Lifetime
53. Believe
54. Hallucination
55. Misfits
56. Dream
57. Mission
58. Stimulation
59. Truth
60. Favourite
61. Lost and found
62. Truce
63. Spooked
64. Camp
65. Fire
66. Questions
67. Animal
68. Angel and Demon
69. Serenity
70. Forever lasting
71. Starburst
72. Mermaid
73. Human and monster
74. Chocolate kisses
75. Fox and wolf
76. Scaredy-cat
77. Ghosts
78. Robot
79. Fairy-tale
80. Beauty
81. Soldier
82. Lover
83. Strawberry syrup
84. Mission
85. Guardian
86. Cheater
87. Voyage with two rivals
88. Fantasy
89. Beauty and the Beast
90. Warrior and Magician
91. Cafe
92. High School
93. Moods
94. Phobia
95. Logic
96. Gift
97. Inhibitions
98. Psychology
99. Closet
100. Trade
101. Freedom

Go on, don't be shy. We need as many themes as possible! wink

EDIT: Themes goal has been changed to 100, because I've added my whole brainstorming list... and just to let you know, we can always change the order of the themes so that we don't have ten sad topics after ten random ones. xd

Also, I've just added the bulk of the themes that have been contributed by users other than me- YAY! Since nobody replied to my suggestions of change, I was compelled to put up the themes with no changes to their original wording... I would very much appreciate a reply to those messages, even if it's just a simple 'yes' or 'no'. THANK YOUUUUUU! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:12 pm
...am I seriously the only one interested???? :O

Okay... I'm going to say that if nobody contributes anything by the end of the month this topic will be closed. I've got more than fifty themes brainstormed up, myself, but if nobody actually wants to see this happen then there would be no point putting them up.

So, even if you don't have any themes, please post something - anything- just to say that you're interested.  

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Cool Cat 500

DeficientLoser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:53 pm
FishStick85

Okay... I'm going to say that if nobody contributes anything by the end of the month this topic will be closed. I've got more than fifty themes brainstormed up, myself, but if nobody actually wants to see this happen then there would be no point putting them up.

So, even if you don't have any themes, please post something - anything- just to say that you're interested.
I am. But I guess other people just hasn't been on...

Oh, and it takes awhile for me to write stories for my theme.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:18 pm
Mika_chann
FishStick85

Yeah. XD It's just that I posted this practically the first day I joined, and at that point, there was virtually nobody on here for quite a few days. Sorry. I can be impatient sometimes.

Yeah, takes me a while, too. 3nodding Sometimes, at least. Really, though, I can't live without writing. I go through tons of ideas regularly.

So... this means that I can post all my ideas! whee YOSH!

I'll do that now... if you see a theme you don't agree with, you can always tell me, and we'll discuss changing it.  

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Cool Cat 500

DeficientLoser

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:57 pm
FishStick85
Mika_chann
FishStick85

Yeah. XD It's just that I posted this practically the first day I joined, and at that point, there was virtually nobody on here for quite a few days. Sorry. I can be impatient sometimes.

Yeah, takes me a while, too. 3nodding Sometimes, at least. Really, though, I can't live without writing. I go through tons of ideas regularly.

So... this means that I can post all my ideas! whee YOSH!

I'll do that now... if you see a theme you don't agree with, you can always tell me, and we'll discuss changing it.
Which I don't know why...because it's summer, isn't it? I wonder why people haven't been on...

I write and rant when I'm bored, really? Lol, I generally get ideas from fantasy. Like, Lord of the Ring. Come to think of it...our leader hasn't been on...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:31 pm
Mika_chann
]Which I don't know why...because it's summer, isn't it? I wonder why people haven't been on...

I write and rant when I'm bored, really? Lol, I generally get ideas from fantasy. Like, Lord of the Ring. Come to think of it...our leader hasn't been on...

Eh... well, I'm actually only on because this is the last year that I don't have any provincial exams to study for. So, exams are still on for all of the higher grades in high school, and I'm guessing from what I've heard about college and university exams that the scene isn't so pretty there, either. sweatdrop

I have a lot of trouble finding ideas for longer fics, which is why I haven't written any, only oneshots. I seem to be good at getting ideas from random themes... which is why I'm so eager to get this challenge started. I can't wait... so many ideas!! heart Hope it goes over well with everyone else.

Hmm, you're right about that... funny. You and I are the only ones actually posting right now. I saw Zubora (I think that was the name...) posting on here once since I joined, though. 3nodding

Hey, do you have any theme suggestions? I'm all out. I've totally exhausted the brain bank of theme-ness inside of me.  

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Cool Cat 500

DeficientLoser

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:47 pm
FishStick85
Mika_chann
]Which I don't know why...because it's summer, isn't it? I wonder why people haven't been on...

Eh... well, I'm actually only on because this is the last year that I don't have any provincial exams to study for. So, exams are still on for all of the higher grades in high school, and I'm guessing from what I've heard about college and university exams that the scene isn't so pretty there, either. sweatdrop

I have a lot of trouble finding ideas for longer fics, which is why I haven't written any, only oneshots. I seem to be good at getting ideas from random themes... which is why I'm so eager to get this challenge started. I can't wait... so many ideas!! heart Hope it goes over well with everyone else.

Hmm, you're right about that... funny. You and I are the only ones actually posting right now. I saw Zubora (I think that was the name...) posting on here once since I joined, though. 3nodding

Hey, do you have any theme suggestions? I'm all out. I've totally exhausted the brain bank of theme-ness inside of me.

Omg...I totally forgot about exams... Our leader still has exams. Really? I see, are you in grade 9? Because usually, in high school, grade 10-11 you get little exams depending on which subjects you take. If you take something like IB or AP then you get more exams than pure. You lucky person, you.

Lol, me too. Except most people are not on. It's just you and me... I was thinking about doing a fantasy theme? Like, final fantasyish or Lord of the Rings.... Zubora? Hm, then he should at least give us some more themes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:37 am
My themes are these:

01:Angel and Demon
02:Serenity
03:Forever lasting
04:Starburst
05:Mermaid
06:Human and monster
07:chocolate Kisses
08:Fox and Wolf
09:Scaredy-cat
10:Ghosts
11:Robot
12:Camping
13:Fairy tale
14:Beauty
15:Solider
16:Lover
17:Strawberry Syrup
18:Mission
19:Guardian
20:Cheater  

kisumi_momochi

DeficientLoser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 pm
kisumi_momochi
My themes are these:

..That's what you do? My god...what was I thinking?...I thought you only need to do one...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm
Mika_chann
kisumi_momochi
My themes are these:

..That's what you do? My god...what was I thinking?...I thought you only need to do one...

My gosh, I feel like I haven't been on in FOREVER. sweatdrop Sorry, guys. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Anyway... I'm adding in one theme I just came up with, "Animal".

@ Kisumi_momochi... thank you so much! xd I'm glad. There are some that I don't quite agree with, though... could we generalize "Human and monster" to just "Human" or "Monster"? And "Strawberry syrup" to just "Strawberries"? That way it leaves more room for the author to interpret the different themes. Also, about "Fox and Wolf": I see where the fox part fits in, but not the wolf part, though I'm guessing it has something to do with Sasuke.

@ Mika-chann... you don't have to contribute so many themes if you don't want to. xd But it sure is helpful to have so many. And yeah, I am in grade 9. Grade ten next year, WOOHOO! Me lucky person, me. A fantasy theme actually sounds really good... though, when I add the suggestions that we just got, we'll already have "fairy tale". Dunno who else might contribute- we'll have to wait and see.  

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Gamexrocks
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:25 pm
Interesting, I only have a few o.O

1) Wolf and Fox
2) Voyage with two rivals (O.o....)
3) Fantasy ( I think this is used already...)
4) Beauty and the Beast (Such a lovely movie xD)
5) Warrior and Magician
6) Cafe
7) High school

Hmmm...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:52 pm
Alright! 3nodding More themes! And sorry about that four-day absence... I had camp. 'Twas fun. I got lotsa writing material.

I have a few things, though.

1. Again, I'm not sure where the wolf is coming from... did I miss something?
2. Can we shorten it to just "Voyage"?
3. Can we change number 5 into two separate themes?

I'm not going to add the themes we have received up to this point for a few more days, just to see if we get a reply to my questions/comments.  

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 pm
NEWS:
I've just added the bulk of the themes that have been contributed by users other than me- YAY! Since nobody replied to my suggestions of change, I was compelled to put up the themes with no changes to their original wording... I would very much appreciate a reply to those messages, even if it's just a simple 'yes' or 'no'. THANK YOUUUUUU! heart

(I know that was a repeat of my note above, but seriously, it's important.)

Alright, so here's the most important bit of news thus far:

This list must - and I repeat, MUST - under ALL CIRCUMSTANCES be finished before JULY 25th, 2008.

From here on in, that gives us nine days approximately. 3nodding

Eight more themes, everyone! Don't give up just yet! If you have any ideas at all, please post them ASAP!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:32 am
hey! cool idea but I don't quite get it, what are we doing with the themes? as soon as I know that then I'll add some  

hakumei de ninja

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:03 am
hakumei de ninja
hey! cool idea but I don't quite get it, what are we doing with the themes? as soon as I know that then I'll add some

Oh! I'm so glad you asked- I didn't realize that some people didn't know...

Well... it's a writing thing! wink

Often, what will happen is that a group of people will get together to make a list of themes. And then everyone in said group can have fun writing one-shots about all the different themes! YAY!

So... say the theme was "Fever", and that you were writing for Sasuke x Naruto. That could be interpreted several different ways. You could take it literally and write a story about someone getting sick, or you could opt for a more abstract interpretation and write about the sort of contagious smile that Naruto has (or even Sasuke's infectious angst-ness). If you're feeling a little random, you could write about "disco fever" and have Naruto trying to convince Sasuke to let loose a little... the possibilities are endless!

Now, I'm not sure exactly what the rules are because I've never done an official one before... but I believe that the whole "challenge" part is just sticking with it all the way to the end. whee That's quite the challenge in itself, if you ask me. But if anyone knows anything about this that I don't, please feel free to add it, because I'm totally clueless otherwise!  
~Art/ Library Room~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff