Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 285 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 335 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 277 ]
Total Votes : 931

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:00 pm
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
I don't even think mine is 1 star lol
Yes, I play it on the switch 3nodding

If you have Isabelle already on your island, talk to her and choose "Let's talk island evals" option to see how you've progressed on developing the island in general. You'll need a decent amount of furniture, flowers and shrubs, plus fencing on your island in general..

Thanks Zelda 3nodding

You're welcome, captain.

biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:10 am
Blind Blindness
Lol, thank you for sharing! Hope everything's going well with that ^.^

I still hate Windows 10. I've gotten used to it, but finding things I USE (and use FREQUENTLY, at that) that it doesn't think should go in the list of programs available from the Windows menu is infuriating at best.
Especially accessing my old .txt notes files. What used to be just one click now takes, like, five, and just, UGH, WHY, WHO IS THIS BENEFITING?
But my new hardware runs like a dream~
I have less overall RAM now, but because I upgraded the type of RAM I have (DDR4 now, I think, as opposed to my old sticks which were DDR3 if I remember correctly), everything runs better because the memory is more efficient.
And I LOVE my new Ryzen processor; the fan on it runs a little loud, but it works like an absolute dream~
And while I originally wasn't super thrilled with my glass-sided case, it looks so awesome now that it's filled with RAINBOWS OF TECHNOLOGY GOODNESS.
(No, seriously, rainbows, my RAM, CPU fan, and even my motherboard all have lights that glow in a spectrum of colors. And while I'm not the sort to go out of my way for gimmicky shite like that (the RAM I ACTUALLY wanted didn't glow at all, but the beau said what I got was the only good stuff in stock) 'cause it's energy inefficient af (and, if you're not careful, can easily pull more than your power supply can put out and irreparably damage your system), it still looks FRIGGIN' AWESOME.)
I could go on longer about the little piece of heaven that is my computer ('cause I got a new mobo and PSU, too), but... you probably don't care about all those nitty gritty details, haha~
OH! But you MAY be more interested to hear that I am feeling a lot better now!
Finally coming off the steroids after a month of them, though I'm going to be taking a different kind after these, one meant for longer term use without all the gross side effects of usual corticosteroids.
I just hope they don't taste as gross as the ones I'm on right now (the only way I have to describe it is it's like I'm willingly licking a bar of soap every morning, not really the ideal way to start one's day).
I even felt well enough to play Ring Fit Adventure today, though I may come to regret having done so tomorrow, haha~

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:42 pm
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Hey all,
I haven't been doing much, just classes and working on the semi trucks. We had to replace the hoist that would lift up the bed, now it goes almost vertical. I've been taking this graduate level class on effective computing, learning about how to program for use across different machines. One of my classes last quarter had us make a sensor that we could keep that would log temperature changes over time. It seemed like a thing that would be even cooler to have it stream data to your phone, so after some looking around I found this page, https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp8266-ds18b20-temperature-sensor-web-server-with-arduino-ide/ . which actually used all the same materials so that I didn't have to buy anything new.
One thing that I'm wanting to do is to build a weather station that basically does the same thing, but hopefully I want to be able to host the data on a server that anyone in my house could open up.

Hey delasislas! Regardless, it's great to see you and hear you're doing okay.

It sounds like you've been up to a lot of innovation and ingenuity. That sounds pretty cool. I really like weather (especially hurricane), so what you said about a sensor that monitors temperature appealed to me. I actually got an odometer not too long ago as a gift...

I want to get a kit for a weather station that runs basically the same way as the sensor I made. I've been wanting to get into IOT and sensor design. One other project that I've been wanting to do is to make a CTD, which is a sensor that monitors conductivity, temperature and depth. Only thing holding me back is the fear that I won't have everything set right and would flood the housing.
Finally done with classes for the quarter, so I need projects to work on.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:42 pm
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Hey all,
I haven't been doing much, just classes and working on the semi trucks. We had to replace the hoist that would lift up the bed, now it goes almost vertical. I've been taking this graduate level class on effective computing, learning about how to program for use across different machines. One of my classes last quarter had us make a sensor that we could keep that would log temperature changes over time. It seemed like a thing that would be even cooler to have it stream data to your phone, so after some looking around I found this page, https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp8266-ds18b20-temperature-sensor-web-server-with-arduino-ide/ . which actually used all the same materials so that I didn't have to buy anything new.
One thing that I'm wanting to do is to build a weather station that basically does the same thing, but hopefully I want to be able to host the data on a server that anyone in my house could open up.

Hey delasislas! Regardless, it's great to see you and hear you're doing okay.

It sounds like you've been up to a lot of innovation and ingenuity. That sounds pretty cool. I really like weather (especially hurricane), so what you said about a sensor that monitors temperature appealed to me. I actually got an odometer not too long ago as a gift...

I want to get a kit for a weather station that runs basically the same way as the sensor I made. I've been wanting to get into IOT and sensor design. One other project that I've been wanting to do is to make a CTD, which is a sensor that monitors conductivity, temperature and depth. Only thing holding me back is the fear that I won't have everything set right and would flood the housing.
Finally done with classes for the quarter, so I need projects to work on.

It sounds like you'll be busy then. I'm sure you can do it with that good attitude of yours.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:09 am
I know it's a typical time for California to be on fire like much of a year usually is, but I was not expecting a goddamn firenado, of all things.

Nature be scary af.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:19 am
Wakaji
I know it's a typical time for California to be on fire like much of a year usually is, but I was not expecting a goddamn firenado, of all things.

Nature be scary af.

Ohhh I saw that on the Weather Channel. That's scary.

Yeah...California and their fires :/  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:39 am
Not sure if nerves or my mom's cooking of seafood she rarely ever cooks.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:46 am
ninja

xxXFay-YuuiXxx

Nine-tailed Sage

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:03 am
Hey, look at that. I haven’t gone a month or two since checking in. Still doing my senior thesis project, it kind of is lame to not really be able to go out and do something.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 am
Here is mah yearly check-in, and then I yeet myself once more.  

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:41 am
I'm still internally emotion_skull

*does the skeleton dance*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The words "skeleton dance" were said. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to break out a David Pumpkins gif.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:34 pm
The Badongest One
Here is mah yearly check-in, and then I yeet myself once more.

Ahhhh, thanks for checking in! How've you been doing Mr. J?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:38 pm
Tobi Kaito
I'm still internally emotion_skull

*does the skeleton dance*

*Joins you*  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:12 am
Oh boy. Been a while. Ok, so an update. Finished my Senior Thesis looking at phytoplankton, mostly tried to look at the use of biodiversity indices on the two stations we had. Spent some time without a job, finally landed one checking fish that anglers bring in on boats. It’s temporary, but it got my foot in the door for other department jobs.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games