Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 285 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 335 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 932

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:50 pm
Queen Spazzy
The Badongest One
I am also not holding up very well during this time. :'3
You guys take care of yourselves.

If I had a mule, I'd forget about it, too. >>;
I'm doing mostly well, being an introvert the staying home bit is just like "oh, it's a normal day, my perfect day, I don't have to go do ANYTHING!"
But... I think I'll have to do a round of steroids for my condition (everything went wibbly wobbly a few days back), and I definitely won't be able to leave my apartment then, which isn't really a problem so much as that my beau and every single person who wants to come in contact with me will have to be extra careful, and all this gobshite could throw a wrench in my babysitting gig. =w=;
Also, my beau is going a bit bats not having a job, yay food industry being shut down.
I hope you're at least physically well right now, and hope things will get better soon for you!

Yeah, I've been out of a job too since last month. Also food industry job, but on a campus.
I'm mostly hoping that I have more of a really shitty mix of overactive anxiety and seasonal allergies getting out of hand. Wish me luck.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:20 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness
Well, I'm glad you had fun baking! You are quite the baker, it seems. Such an artist, Brandy. Whether literal art, baking, crocheting...it's a part of who you are. 3nodding

Heh, my beau is a great cook, but he HATES baking; I can't cook worth a damn, but I can bake a pretty mean game.
Speaking of crochet, I'm MOSTLY done with a piece I've been working on recently! (Or, well, mostly done in the sense that's it's almost functional, I've got some work still before it becomes what I'm envisioning exactly.)
I've been using my old first gen DS case for all my DS devices since said first gen DS (so, you know, years, three different handhelds have called that case home), and I REALLY needed to upgrade, but the ones you can get in stores just don't satisfy my needs, so... I'm making my own!
I've got a pokeball-themed 2DS XL, and I thought it would be entertaining to have a pikachu case for it. >>;
I didn't actually get to my baking this weekend, even though I really wanted to make up some cookies for my friend's birthday, I haven't felt well and couldn't dredge up the energy for it, so he'll have to settle for a belated birthday surprise.
(I doubt he'll mind, he loves sweets of all kinds, and his wife has been just shy of begging to try my cookies since I started my baking ritual, they'll likely both be over the moon whenever I hand them homemade cookies. >>; )

I can't cook or bake lol, but I'll learn someday!

Creating one of your own? Nice! Shake that innovative butt.

That sounds lovely~ I'm sure they'll be appreciative of your culinary efforts. Plus, it's incredibly thoughtful of you!

Feel better soon sad  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:21 pm
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21
In case you missed the April 1st item grants, here they are. Human item Paws item

I know this is late, but thank you, Zelda.

You're welcome, captain! This quarantine may be long, but at least I can still find stuff to keep me busy. Like playing through the current Animal Crossing game, mostly. ^_^*

Ahhh, nice! I play Animal Crossing too. It can be a distraction lol  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:24 pm
The Badongest One

Hey! I'm glad to see you back biggrin

And I'm sorry to hear that! This pandemic is soul crushing to the economy and its workers....
(Yes, I know who you are Mr. Jin...or if I have permission to say your name, I'd say it too) lol  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:37 pm
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21
In case you missed the April 1st item grants, here they are. Human item Paws item

You're welcome, captain! This quarantine may be long, but at least I can still find stuff to keep me busy. Like playing through the current Animal Crossing game, mostly. ^_^*

Do you play it on Switch? I'm still trying to redesign my island. It's three out of five stars by far, but I don't know quite what I want it to look like yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21

Do you play it on Switch? I'm still trying to redesign my island. It's three out of five stars by far, but I don't know quite what I want it to look like yet.

I don't even think mine is 1 star lol
Yes, I play it on the switch 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:05 pm
Blind Blindness

If you have Isabelle already on your island, talk to her and choose "Let's talk island evals" option to see how you've progressed on developing the island in general. You'll need a decent amount of furniture, flowers and shrubs, plus fencing on your island in general..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:34 am
Blind Blindness
The Badongest One

And I'm sorry to hear that! This pandemic is soul crushing to the economy and its workers....
(Yes, I know who you are Mr. Jin...or if I have permission to say your name, I'd say it too) lol

Only kinda back, lel.

Unemployment is actually paying me more than I made when I was working. :'3
I'm weirded out by how they wouldn't let me input my wage when I was filling it out, but whatever. I'm cool with it.
Also, permission granted. :'3  

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:48 am
So, I finally got around to upgrading to Windows 10...
And I hate it exactly as much as I thought I would. =w=;
The UI is probably what's getting to me the most right now, why is everything so FLAT?
Plus the new main windows menu is so... counterintuitive, in my opinion.
But my beau surprised me last night by going to our favorite local tech store and upgrading some hardware in my computer we had been discussing maybe upgrading in late fall.
Which eases the sting of the OS upgrade a bit, although I was less than happy he bought the new hardware sooner than discussed.
(Everything was on sale for like half off, though, so I guess I won't stay upset TOO long. Plus my new processor looks so good in my case.)
Although, honestly, it's... pretty lucky the store had everything we wanted, their shelves have been pretty empty ever since people got that stimulus money...

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:26 pm
Hey all,
I haven't been doing much, just classes and working on the semi trucks. We had to replace the hoist that would lift up the bed, now it goes almost vertical. I've been taking this graduate level class on effective computing, learning about how to program for use across different machines. One of my classes last quarter had us make a sensor that we could keep that would log temperature changes over time. It seemed like a thing that would be even cooler to have it stream data to your phone, so after some looking around I found this page, https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp8266-ds18b20-temperature-sensor-web-server-with-arduino-ide/ . which actually used all the same materials so that I didn't have to buy anything new.
One thing that I'm wanting to do is to build a weather station that basically does the same thing, but hopefully I want to be able to host the data on a server that anyone in my house could open up.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:40 pm
delasislas
Hey all,
I haven't been doing much, just classes and working on the semi trucks. We had to replace the hoist that would lift up the bed, now it goes almost vertical. I've been taking this graduate level class on effective computing, learning about how to program for use across different machines. One of my classes last quarter had us make a sensor that we could keep that would log temperature changes over time. It seemed like a thing that would be even cooler to have it stream data to your phone, so after some looking around I found this page, https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp8266-ds18b20-temperature-sensor-web-server-with-arduino-ide/ . which actually used all the same materials so that I didn't have to buy anything new.
One thing that I'm wanting to do is to build a weather station that basically does the same thing, but hopefully I want to be able to host the data on a server that anyone in my house could open up.

Hey delasislas! Regardless, it's great to see you and hear you're doing okay.

It sounds like you've been up to a lot of innovation and ingenuity. That sounds pretty cool. I really like weather (especially hurricane), so what you said about a sensor that monitors temperature appealed to me. I actually got an odometer not too long ago as a gift...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:41 pm
Queen Spazzy
So, I finally got around to upgrading to Windows 10...
And I hate it exactly as much as I thought I would. =w=;
The UI is probably what's getting to me the most right now, why is everything so FLAT?
Plus the new main windows menu is so... counterintuitive, in my opinion.
But my beau surprised me last night by going to our favorite local tech store and upgrading some hardware in my computer we had been discussing maybe upgrading in late fall.
Which eases the sting of the OS upgrade a bit, although I was less than happy he bought the new hardware sooner than discussed.
(Everything was on sale for like half off, though, so I guess I won't stay upset TOO long. Plus my new processor looks so good in my case.)
Although, honestly, it's... pretty lucky the store had everything we wanted, their shelves have been pretty empty ever since people got that stimulus money...

Lol, thank you for sharing! Hope everything's going well with that ^.^  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:42 pm
The Badongest One
Blind Blindness
The Badongest One

Only kinda back, lel.

Unemployment is actually paying me more than I made when I was working. :'3
I'm weirded out by how they wouldn't let me input my wage when I was filling it out, but whatever. I'm cool with it.
Also, permission granted. :'3

Well that's good!

Yayy :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:43 pm
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness

If you have Isabelle already on your island, talk to her and choose "Let's talk island evals" option to see how you've progressed on developing the island in general. You'll need a decent amount of furniture, flowers and shrubs, plus fencing on your island in general..

Thanks Zelda 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 pm
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness

Thanks Zelda 3nodding

You're welcome, captain.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games