Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 285 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
36%
 36%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 933

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:00 pm
The Badongest One
*pays respecc*

Oh yeh boiii…so glad...so glad...you could pay respecc in this join' here homie.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:41 pm
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Got done with sailing on the ship. Had a lot of fun going up the Oregon and California coast. On the 4th of July we had a pyrotechnics safety demonstration where we got to practice shooting flares at night. Started to learn how to sail a ship from one of the officers onboard and learned how to mend nets from some of the deck crew among other things.

Sounds like you're having fun traversing the ocean and learning valuable skills relevant to your profession of interest.

Oh so much fun. Plus no sea sickness.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 am
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Got done with sailing on the ship. Had a lot of fun going up the Oregon and California coast. On the 4th of July we had a pyrotechnics safety demonstration where we got to practice shooting flares at night. Started to learn how to sail a ship from one of the officers onboard and learned how to mend nets from some of the deck crew among other things.

Sounds like you're having fun traversing the ocean and learning valuable skills relevant to your profession of interest.

I got seasick a couple times on a cruise...but I suspect it was more the food, especially when the second time around I had had a lot of mushrooms...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:49 pm
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas

I got seasick a couple times on a cruise...but I suspect it was more the food, especially when the second time around I had had a lot of mushrooms...

Only suggestion that I can give is to get up and walk around. Go see the bridge. Do anything but sit down and stare at a computer or book.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:58 pm
Blind Blindness

Well hopefully things get better for you and all the people that are associated with your work that are causing trouble get their acts together or stop being a nuisance...sounds stressful and I can imagine that being in a workplace that's kind of...toxic doesn't do much good for your mental health, but as you said, easier to stay now with your anxiety.

That's true. I learned in school (and life) that a lot of people in Asian cultures don't like to discuss or seek mental health treatment. I am also reminded of a movie, The Farewell, which I want to see. Which is more physical health, but in the movie apparently the family wants to keep a diagnosis a secret from the elderly matriarch. I do understand what you mean though. To your mother, she doesn't understand the significance of anxiety in your life. You can't just will it away. I have a lot of anxiety, and I can't just will it away! Sometimes you have to take medication. There's also talk therapy, and specifically sometimes techniques like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help individuals. If you want to, definitely you have the right to know your diagnosis. Sometimes therapists are required to give diagnoses for paperwork purposes..insurance...reimbursement...all that jazz. I don't know if you saw anyone for the medication, but if you're on it, you might already have a diagnosis. Or if you're referred by your PCP, yeah the counselor, psychologist, psychiatristmght diagnose you with something specific, like Generalized Anxiety Disorder...Panic Disorder...Major Depressive Disorder...etc.

Generally, the internships are unpaid. However, because I am on a fellowship, I got a tuition waiver for last semester and this semester I am going to get a stipend. I just have to take an extra class and do a little more work. But it's a really good deal.

Nah, it's not so much the people as the company itself. Hoping they're having regrets about taking this space. The company president himself came to check it out once and remarked that our campus was a lot slower than others he has businesses on.

I've kinda wanted to see The Farewell too. Media representation always feels nice. Need more things aside from just Jackie Chan movies and Crazy Rich Asians. :'3
I feel like I also got confirmation that the rest of my family neither knows nor cares, cuz during that same episode I was having, my brother came around to tell me all that s**t I was feeling was all in my head. I wanted to scream at him, cuz of ******** course it's all in my head and I didn't have any way to fix it that wasn't just shitty advice of "get over it". And the only person's mental health that seems to matter to most everyone else in this house is just my dad's, cuz he also has depression.
When I was initially told I had borderline severe anxiety, it was just from telling my physician at the time about all my symptoms. All that was happening at the end of 2014, so I didn't actually get medication until just last month. I'm on a more state-wide medical insurance and had to find my own clinic cuz I'm no longer under parents' coverage, so it was my NP asking if I would like to start medication. I also had to answer a short questionnaire while I was having my first few visits and they were like "Oh, you have mild depression too." I'm still thinking of actually going to a counselor one of these days, but it would have to wait until I'm able to move out of this house because I don't need to be bothered about me being on meds.

I'm glad all that has been working out for you. I can't imagine working on an
internship now, but damn, tuition waiving is a really good deal.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:58 pm
The Badongest One
Blind Blindness

Well hopefully things get better for you and all the people that are associated with your work that are causing trouble get their acts together or stop being a nuisance...sounds stressful and I can imagine that being in a workplace that's kind of...toxic doesn't do much good for your mental health, but as you said, easier to stay now with your anxiety.

That's true. I learned in school (and life) that a lot of people in Asian cultures don't like to discuss or seek mental health treatment. I am also reminded of a movie, The Farewell, which I want to see. Which is more physical health, but in the movie apparently the family wants to keep a diagnosis a secret from the elderly matriarch. I do understand what you mean though. To your mother, she doesn't understand the significance of anxiety in your life. You can't just will it away. I have a lot of anxiety, and I can't just will it away! Sometimes you have to take medication. There's also talk therapy, and specifically sometimes techniques like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help individuals. If you want to, definitely you have the right to know your diagnosis. Sometimes therapists are required to give diagnoses for paperwork purposes..insurance...reimbursement...all that jazz. I don't know if you saw anyone for the medication, but if you're on it, you might already have a diagnosis. Or if you're referred by your PCP, yeah the counselor, psychologist, psychiatristmght diagnose you with something specific, like Generalized Anxiety Disorder...Panic Disorder...Major Depressive Disorder...etc.

Generally, the internships are unpaid. However, because I am on a fellowship, I got a tuition waiver for last semester and this semester I am going to get a stipend. I just have to take an extra class and do a little more work. But it's a really good deal.

Nah, it's not so much the people as the company itself. Hoping they're having regrets about taking this space. The company president himself came to check it out once and remarked that our campus was a lot slower than others he has businesses on.

I've kinda wanted to see The Farewell too. Media representation always feels nice. Need more things aside from just Jackie Chan movies and Crazy Rich Asians. :'3
I feel like I also got confirmation that the rest of my family neither knows nor cares, cuz during that same episode I was having, my brother came around to tell me all that s**t I was feeling was all in my head. I wanted to scream at him, cuz of ******** course it's all in my head and I didn't have any way to fix it that wasn't just shitty advice of "get over it". And the only person's mental health that seems to matter to most everyone else in this house is just my dad's, cuz he also has depression.
When I was initially told I had borderline severe anxiety, it was just from telling my physician at the time about all my symptoms. All that was happening at the end of 2014, so I didn't actually get medication until just last month. I'm on a more state-wide medical insurance and had to find my own clinic cuz I'm no longer under parents' coverage, so it was my NP asking if I would like to start medication. I also had to answer a short questionnaire while I was having my first few visits and they were like "Oh, you have mild depression too." I'm still thinking of actually going to a counselor one of these days, but it would have to wait until I'm able to move out of this house because I don't need to be bothered about me being on meds.

I'm glad all that has been working out for you. I can't imagine working on an
internship now, but damn, tuition waiving is a really good deal.

Oi, well I hope things turn around lol

I saw the Farewell on Wednesday, and it was great! Very sentimental and good messages. I recommend it if you get the chance. Yes, I can imagine that media representation is very nice!! My racial/ethnic majority is represented too much...lol

People really see mental health as more controllable than it actually is. They don't get that brain chemistry and environment work together to play such a role that you can't just "get over it"; for some people it takes years and even then. People who have schizophrenia, personality disorders, dissociative/traumatic disorders, as you can imagine there can be even more permanency! Like imagine telling a person with antisocial personality disorder to just be a better person...it's just not going to work, or a person with borderline personality disorder to just get along with others and not be so emotional...again not going to work...or a person with PTSD to just get over the trauma already...yeah again not going to work. Same with depression or anxiety. This s**t takes time; it probably didn't happen overnight and it won't go away overnight either. And in many cases individuals need therapy and/or medication, and when parents trivialize it or outright dismiss it, or pretend it doesn't exist, that can be very invalidating and just plain hurtful.
Hm yeah, sometimes you find out with your PCP. It sounds like you have a ways to go in your mental health journey, so to speak, but hopefully the medication you were prescribed will help you in the meantime until you're able to receive counseling/therapy. Also, the healthcare system can suck :/

Yeah, the internship's a required part of my program. Basically it's 9-5 and you have an internship class associated with it one evening per week and for the tuition waiver or stipend you have a fellowship class as well. I'm lucky I got to be a part of it. You have to intern with a specific site that's associated with the fellowship and the population I work with is substance abuse, which is tough but you learn a lot.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:32 pm
So last night, I decided to try the Runway with my avi. The category I entered was Princess Zelda vs Princess Peach Toadstool! It's my best Smash Bros. Melee version for Ocarina of Time Zelda. Might not be completely accurate, but it'll do, I guess. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:28 am
Blind Blindness
Yuki_Windira
-is updating things on lappy and paying bills- xx;

*gasp* Sammy! Hiii

Ughh...how's that you going for you??

Hiiiii,now on a two week vacay! biggrin

It went long,but fine/xD  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:28 pm
This new Lake Kindred event is taking forever to collect the right amount of kin eggs just for both achievements that require them. While I collect the new RiGs, I'm selling some bundles I got out of some of the RiGs in my shop. If anyone wants, they can take a look and see what I've got. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:04 am
Hello. Ah-.....I like rusty spoons......

The feeling of rust, against my salad fingers, is almost orgasmic.....  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:47 pm
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Hello. Ah-.....I like rusty spoons......

The feeling of rust, against my salad fingers, is almost orgasmic.....

oh gard...das sexii  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:55 am
Hey again. Finally got back to school and was struggling to make sense of what was going on.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:22 pm
delasislas
Hey again. Finally got back to school and was struggling to make sense of what was going on.

Oh no. That sounds stressful.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:07 pm
Blind Blindness
delasislas

Oh no. That sounds stressful.

Made it. Luckily I didn't have much homework. I'm taking this one class, Physics across oceanography, which is just physics with a touch of oceanography. If I remember correctly it was like 2015 and 2016 when I took Physics and Calculus. I understand it, but I'm always doubting my self when signs of fluxes come into play.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:35 pm
Geez, has it really been since October since anyone posted in this thread?
Well, I'll break the long stretch of silence and try to dust away some of the cobwebs in here!
I got a new keyboard today~
My beau took me to Microcenter (a local tech store with half their floor space dedicated to PC parts) today so we could get a new case for our build (I'll be sad to see my old one go, but it has served me well for eight years now, it's time for the poor thing to retire, haha~) and I went to look at keyboards while we were in the store, might as well, I've been trying really hard to figure out my switch type preference when it comes to mechanical keyboards, information I really NEED for upgrading, y'know? 'cause I already knew I despised a particular switch type for being grossly clicky and loud (blue, for the record), I'd been putting up with it for MONTHS after my old membranous keyboard started acting wonk and I was forced to steal borrow my beau's mechanical keyboard.
We had a really nice floor guy come by and open up a box for me that had a little preview thing in it with all the switch types so I could try them all out and determine which I liked best (browns are my ultimate preference, with reds coming in close second), and while I hadn't planned on actually BUYING a new keyboard, well, we found one with a switch type I like that had a surprisingly low price tag and came from a brand we both know and like.
Which is how I came home with a new mechanical keyboard with red switches that I am now absolutely in love with after only using it for like fifteen minutes. (Seriously, though, the price was so low for a full mechanical keyboard that we know to be high quality that it was hard to pass up. I mean, I think most of the reason the price was so low is because the backlighting isn't fully customizable like most keyboards these days, it can only be changed among shades of red, but I'm not really bothered by that, I can make it work with my new case. I'd not have been bothered at any rate even with my old case that only lights up in blue, it's just not a big deal to me, I just want a keyboard I LIKE and that's gonna LAST.)

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games