Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 285 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
36%
 36%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 933

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:11 pm
Blind Blindness
HELLO

Hello, sorry. been a long time. Lot of things happened. Washer went out and we had to buy a new one(They are so f-ing expensive), shortly after that, water went on the fritz, we got it back going. Had the repair guy come out and they said that a switch had gone bad as well as the tank. Now to today, but one day after the repair guy came, no water, and the control box for the pump was making a clicking noise. At least I didn’t have the washer to do my laundry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:15 pm
delasislas
Blind Blindness
HELLO

Hello, sorry. been a long time. Lot of things happened. Washer went out and we had to buy a new one(They are so f-ing expensive), shortly after that, water went on the fritz, we got it back going. Had the repair guy come out and they said that a switch had gone bad as well as the tank. Now to today, but one day after the repair guy came, no water, and the control box for the pump was making a clicking noise. At least I didn’t have the washer to do my laundry.

Ouch, that sounds like serious string of bad luck.
My own family has a pretty bad track record with washing machines, but we are at least lucky enough to know a few people to help fix most of our problems.
But hey, at least you weren't without any way to do laundry for months because a mama raccoon holed up in the laundry room for the winter!
(Though, I'm not sure which is really the more expensive, having to buy a new machine, or getting someone to safely catch a mother raccoon and all her babs...)
Anyway, Hope you can manage to get it all figured out and fixed soon, not being able to do laundry is the pits, in my opinion, I like my clothes clean!
Not to mention how awful it is to be without water, bleugh.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:23 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas
Blind Blindness
HELLO

Ouch, that sounds like serious string of bad luck.
My own family has a pretty bad track record with washing machines, but we are at least lucky enough to know a few people to help fix most of our problems.
But hey, at least you weren't without any way to do laundry for months because a mama raccoon holed up in the laundry room for the winter!
(Though, I'm not sure which is really the more expensive, having to buy a new machine, or getting someone to safely catch a mother raccoon and all her babs...)
Anyway, Hope you can manage to get it all figured out and fixed soon, not being able to do laundry is the pits, in my opinion, I like my clothes clean!
Not to mention how awful it is to be without water, bleugh.

Oh, did I mention that three households all use water from one pump. that has it’s controls in our house, which also houses the one tank for all three houses.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 am
Delasislas, per any small chance, have you ever examined the bacteria group A Streptococcus?  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:26 am
delasislas
Blind Blindness
HELLO

I did not reply to this. RUDE.

Man that sounds very distressing, hectic, and expensive. Are things better now?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 pm
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
HELLO

Yes, has gotten better, now to just dig a ton to find the leak we think maybe causing the loss of water, just we have to dig on basically three different properties to maybe find the leak...

Also, Umm depends on what you want to know, I’m not too into the bacteria side of microbiology yet, but I can hopefully recall some stuff(or wikipedia the heck out of it). For me it kinda goes bacteriology, virology, parasitology in ascending order of understanding, recently found a podcast that talks about parasitism.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:00 pm
Doing this guild an annual/bi-annual stalk for old times's sake.

...... I don't remember the last time I actually posted or looked at anything here on this account or my mule. Also yes, I did change my name recently. Spazzy and Danny, I hope you guys are doing well.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:44 pm
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
HELLO

Yes, has gotten better, now to just dig a ton to find the leak we think maybe causing the loss of water, just we have to dig on basically three different properties to maybe find the leak...

Also, Umm depends on what you want to know, I’m not too into the bacteria side of microbiology yet, but I can hopefully recall some stuff(or wikipedia the heck out of it). For me it kinda goes bacteriology, virology, parasitology in ascending order of understanding, recently found a podcast that talks about parasitism.

Wow, that sounds like it involves a lot of work still. And bothering people..."Hey, uh...so we would like to dig on your property to find the cause of a leak.." xd
But at least things have gotten better. You can do it! You can beat this lol

I think I had strep throat, but I'm not sure. I was wondering, "Hmm...has delasislas ever examined this bacteria under a microscope?" xD  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:51 pm
Wakaji

...... I don't remember the last time I actually posted or looked at anything here on this account or my mule. Also yes, I did change my name recently. Spazzy and Danny, I hope you guys are doing well.

JIN!! JEROME!!

Your birthday was a dead giveaway because I know you and Brandy share the same day. xd

I'm doing well enough. I'm in grad school for mental health counseling. Right now I'm on a break from school.

I hope you're doing well too! I'm so happy you stopped by and said hello. Even if it's just every once in a blue moon.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:37 pm
Blind Blindness
Wakaji

JIN!! JEROME!!

Your birthday was a dead giveaway because I know you and Brandy share the same day. xd

I'm doing well enough. I'm in grad school for mental health counseling. Right now I'm on a break from school.

I hope you're doing well too! I'm so happy you stopped by and said hello. Even if it's just every once in a blue moon.

I’m glad you remembered. :’3

Holy s**t, grad school? I’m proud of you, Dannybro. I really am. That’s a really good field.

I’m doing as well as I could on my end. I’m still at a community college, but I did get two associates and a transfer degree from here, so I dunno if I want to take more classes yet. About to start working again in two days and already, it’s making me think of applying to another job. I’m not into food prep at all, but it’s still money. Kek.

I’ll visit again in the near future. I wish you guys well.  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:51 pm
Wakaji

Well, hello there stranger!
I won't lie, I mightn't have realized who it was had you not mentioned changing your username. >>;
(I'd have probably come to the conclusion in time, your avatar style hasn't changed all that much, it seems to me. And there are, after all, only so many people I know that share my birthday.)
So glad to know you're still about, though!
I still have no life except on the internet, clearly, haha, but I'm well enough and hope you're doing well, too!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:07 pm
Queen Spazzy
Wakaji

Well, hello there stranger!
I won't lie, I mightn't have realized who it was had you not mentioned changing your username. >>;
(I'd have probably come to the conclusion in time, your avatar style hasn't changed all that much, it seems to me. And there are, after all, only so many people I know that share my birthday.)
So glad to know you're still about, though!
I still have no life except on the internet, clearly, haha, but I'm well enough and hope you're doing well, too!

Glad remembering birthdays helps, lol.
I had to stay with some kind of avatar theme. It would’ve felt weird to not do so after like ten years. xD
I’m glad you’re still doing well too.  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:45 pm
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
HELLO

Wow, that sounds like it involves a lot of work still. And bothering people..."Hey, uh...so we would like to dig on your property to find the cause of a leak.." xd

I think I had strep throat, but I'm not sure. I was wondering, "Hmm...has delasislas ever examined this bacteria under a microscope?" xD

I probably have in my general biology class, but I wasn’t a big fan of single celled organisms in that way, mind you bacteria are F-ing tiny, like phytoplankton can be seen pretty easily, but bacteria are like tiny dot on a microscope you need to use oil immersion to see them as on the link at the bottom. Basically how I saw the bacteria was with gram staining, basically they have cells walls that might be able to be punctured, and the dye can help identify them. The diseases you get from them are interesting, but sadly that is pretty much where my interest stops. Here’s a link for gram staining, Gram staining  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:15 pm
Wakaji
Blind Blindness
Wakaji

JIN!! JEROME!!

I’m glad you remembered. :’3

Holy s**t, grad school? I’m proud of you, Dannybro. I really am. That’s a really good field.

I’m doing as well as I could on my end. I’m still at a community college, but I did get two associates and a transfer degree from here, so I dunno if I want to take more classes yet. About to start working again in two days and already, it’s making me think of applying to another job. I’m not into food prep at all, but it’s still money. Kek.

I’ll visit again in the near future. I wish you guys well.

Thank you, thank you!! biggrin Yes, it's a lot of work. But you're right, it's a very good field, honorable.

Wow, two degrees (and a transfer one). That's great though. I think it shows a lot of commitment to get multiple degrees. And it's also natural for people to change minds or decide later to pursue another path. I think the statistic is the average college major or freshman will change his or her major three times, and then I heard something the other day about 3-4 careers in a lifetime for the average person.

I have just most recently been separated (I choose that word because it's oddly...the best word to describe it) from my job. I worked as a graduate assistant with college students with intellectual disability. It's true that food prep can be unsatisfying work...as you said, though, it's still money.

Great! Looking forward to it. cool  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:41 pm
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
HELLO

I probably have in my general biology class, but I wasn’t a big fan of single celled organisms in that way, mind you bacteria are F-ing tiny, like phytoplankton can be seen pretty easily, but bacteria are like tiny dot on a microscope you need to use oil immersion to see them as on the link at the bottom. Basically how I saw the bacteria was with gram staining, basically they have cells walls that might be able to be punctured, and the dye can help identify them. The diseases you get from them are interesting, but sadly that is pretty much where my interest stops. Here’s a link for gram staining, Gram staining

Ooo interesting...thank you for the link. I learned something new. 3nodding  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games