Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:08 pm
The kids of tomorrow don't need today

Tai can't make friends. She tries, really, but people think she's either intimidating or an a*****e. Like, I've talked to two of my sister's friends on MSN and both had signed off by the fifth sentence. One of them even got into an argument with me.
I'm torn between laughing hysterically and continuing my futile attempts, just to be a jerk, or becoming a hermit and never speaking to anyone again.
No, wait, I can do both - Hole up in a closet and stay online.

When they live in the sins of yesterday

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:26 pm
_-= Hehehe... So you got into an argument?=-_  

LordKiston

1,325 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:27 am
How weird o.o Maybe if tai loosened up a bit? x3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:06 am
Huh, that's a little weird. You seem pretty nice to me, maybe it was jsut people the you were talking too.  

Captain Grace OMalley

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Befriended 100

NarcolepticDoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 am
Yes, I agree, you should blame the other people.
Besides if they were your sister's friends and she is anything like my sister, then they already had an extremely low opinion of you and should not really count for anything. If you want to do a proper test of your level of... of... being-an-assness, then you should talk to complte strangers who have never had contact with you or anyone you know.

Plus, it's more fun that way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:57 am
If it makes you feel any better I don't think you are an a*****e... sweatdrop  

notadream

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:29 am
The kids of tomorrow don't need today

@LordKiston: Yes, the person I was talking to was being disrespectful to my boyfriend so what started out as a simple task of asking him to watch his mouth, turned into him being a piss ant. =3

@Kuro: Tai's loose enough. Maybe that's the problem? XD

@Jaded: Probably. Most people suck anyway.
@NarcolepticDoom: Yeah, I'm sure they already hate me even though they've never spoken to me before that. My brother can talk to any of them just fine but as soon as I get on there, WHAM, haterade; which makes me wonder what that sister of mine has been telling them....

@notadream: I wasn't really feeling bad about it but thanks anyway. <3

When they live in the sins of yesterday

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 am
They're the assholes. If someone was talking about my bf I'd let them have it and allow them to think whatever they wanted about me. Hateful beeches.

DM has a lot of love in her heart but she is very easily irritated by idiots and beeches, as well as arseholes, and jerks. But I am so nice I usually give some people a second chance. It depends on what they did.  

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

mailer04

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:15 pm
well thats stupid, mabey if the poeple you were talking to had some ounce of politeness their wouldnt have been an argument.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:26 pm
I haven't been telling them anything. o_o;
I'm innocent. gonk

I honestly don't know why they're like that to you. And the one you got into an argument with is still being all... argh <_< so I don't think you'll have to deal with him again if this continues.
As for the other dude; no clue what that was about. o.o I had only mentioned you a couple times when we were talking about Maples, and that was it.

Unlucky Phoenix

Elendil Telperien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:53 pm
What you need to remember (I think I pointed this out to you when I joined the guild), was that your phrasing and word use sometimes makes you seem hugely blunt, harsh and mostly sarcastic...Almost to the point of being rude...

When I joined, I thought you were a total b***h...It took a few days of reading you to get used to your style of writing...And since then I've been of the opinion that you're awesome...

People in MSN don't get that chance to digest the information and make an informed decision...They get the first impression and have a b***h-fit...

And because there's no body language on the internet, if you want to make a friend, you have to be quite careful with how you phrase what you say to avoid people throwing their own moods at your text...

You basically have to write in such a fashion to induce the kind of sentiment that you're aiming for in a person you don't know...Which is practically impossible...

Take this post as an excellent example...I'm sure a variety of people will get pissy and think I'm being a d**k... 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:14 pm
yes tai, you are intimidating ^___^;;

but it makes you all the cooler ;]

you just need to find the right people, thats all 3nodding

as forme, im a people person!
...mostly X]

debijay

M i n a k o
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:19 pm
)= I can hardly make friends either, but eh.
Tai can add me to MSN if she'd like. I'm just a sucky conversation starter xD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:16 pm
You can be pretty intimidating at first, and that's an unfortunate quality to have if you're questing popularity.

Of course, the way I see it, if people don't want to be your friend, why try to be theirs? At least that's the way I treat people.  

Jasmine Perishing

Tannis Senpai

Gawker

9,975 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:24 pm
lol, sounds lik you found the perfect combination...  
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff