Reply 21+
Thwarted Again

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:40 pm
So you know how items were super cheap a week ago? Now there one I'm questing for just shot up 30,000 gold.

GAH!!!!!

This is the thwarted thread. Post about things like item inflation, global domination plans put asunder thanks to meddlers like James Bond, those sorts of things.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:54 pm
Now I'm curious... what item was it??? ninja  

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:56 pm
Microsoft thwarted me by making Ninja Gaiden II's demo available only in Japan. If this game didn't come out next Tuesday, I'd be flipping out. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:21 pm
Headhunter
Microsoft thwarted me by making Ninja Gaiden II's demo available only in Japan. If this game didn't come out next Tuesday, I'd be flipping out. gonk

Unavailable demos are such teases.

And the item was the LOLCat halo-- I'm almost there. If the price dips down again I'll finally have enough to snag it (it seems even in a few hours it's dropped 15,000 gaia gold).  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:28 pm
People seem to be buying the new furugasa like it's going out of fashion, so maybe prices will drop a little because of that? I think lots of people will sell heaps of their items to buy them...  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:43 pm
Doressa
People seem to be buying the new furugasa like it's going out of fashion, so maybe prices will drop a little because of that? I think lots of people will sell heaps of their items to buy them...

So very true smile

I keep hoping.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Noirkaze

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:02 am
Same thing happend to me with the elemental hair. I'm just glad I got it before the wings came out. I was too afraid to look at the price after something related popped up on the market.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:51 am
AntoniaMerEnfant
Doressa

So very true smile

I keep hoping.

I'll cross my fingers for you!!!  

Doressa
Captain

kekadu
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:01 pm
I was thwarted from getting any coolness...I bought one of those OMFG boxes when it was down at like 20k, opened it up, and all I got was an item that was worth just about half the box itself. I'm not going to get random items anymore, I don't think... *sigh* rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:16 pm
kekadu
I was thwarted from getting any coolness...I bought one of those OMFG boxes when it was down at like 20k, opened it up, and all I got was an item that was worth just about half the box itself. I'm not going to get random items anymore, I don't think... *sigh* rolleyes

The random items really are rough sad  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Buyu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:22 pm
So I went to Waldenbooks today with a giftcard and was thwarted when they didn't have the book I wanted!

The lady behind the counter said she could order it, but it wouldn't come in until a week to ten days!

Oh, instant gratification has been thwarted! ...So I ended up settling for 3 books and only having to pay $2.25 for them.

Another day, book...another day. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:42 am
Um well, I was thwarted the other day in my scheme to irradiate the gold at Fort Knox with the aid of my Asian sidekick with the sharp hat. On the plus side I got a really catchy theme song out of it and one of the best lines in any Bond Flick.
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr. Bond! I expect you to die."

Oh... wait that wasn't me... that was Goldfinger...
Nvm.  

Yonsan

21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces