Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Gaia Roleplaying Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for the literate RPers of Gaia to enoy their favourite hobby. 

Tags: Role Playing, Final Fantasy, Literate RP, Interesting RP, Intelligent RP 

Reply Main Forum: General Discussion and Announcements
Roleplay Brainstorming Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyou Nitsune
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:11 pm
Ok, so this is just a thread to brainstorm together and add to each others ideas before we get some RPs off the ground.

Here are some of the basic ideas I have so far. I don't really have any names thus far, so I could use some help with those as well as fattening up some of these plots. So here are some of my pitches.

Zelda - Moon and I were brainstorming this last night. Basically its post OoT (After Ganon is defeated in the future maybe, like that timeline keeps going and everything eventually returns to normal and the land is healed), the land has returned to normal and The Hero of Time has disappeared (depending on whether this is placed after Link destroys Ganon or after Majora's Mask is still to be decided. If its after MM then he's still searching for Navi/Skull Kid and will return eventually as an adult. If this is still in the alternate future timeline then he's returned to the past and won't return). Though everything has returned to normal (you know, no more undead walking the earth) there's a shadow being cast over Hyrule again as Ganon's spirit seeks to renew itself. Hyrule is steadily becoming sick again, and the evil entities that inhabited the temples (The bosses) are coming back to life and attacking the citizens of Hyrule. Because Link isn't there to save everyone the Hyrulians are going to have to learn to defend themselves from the evil of Ganon. Somewhere along the way I want them to try and find new sages for the Temples in order to restore them and purge the darkness from the land.

Star Wars - I'm setting it in our present day (which would probably be several hundred, if not thousands of years considering the events of star wars happened "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away"). Intergalactic travel is now possible (before everything was limited to just that galaxy) and the Sith and Jedi orders have become gigantic compared to the past. Each faction is willing to take whoever they can, regardless of whether or not they're really worthy of being a Jedi, or exhibit any considerable talent with the force. Both factions have seats on the Senate now, and struggle to dominate the other militarily and politically. The republic's military though remains neutral while Jedi and Sith create fleets and train armies of force wielders. With hyperspace routes connecting their galaxy to other unexplored galaxies, theirs an explosion of resources both of raw materials as well as new recruits. The Jedi and Sith are rapidly penetrating these galaxies in search of materials to build their fleets, and ignorant alien species from which they can draft recruits. I'm debating whether or not to include our galaxy in this or not. But basically, because they alien species have never been introduced to midi-chlorians their blood is extremely "fertile." Or perhaps a better example would be to say they don't have any immunities to the organisms. Once midichlorians have been introduced they multiply extremely quickly, and the potential of some of these species to use the force is several fold larger then some of the best trained of both the Sith and Jedi. With so many resources available, the war is possible to last forever, if it doesn't tear the universe apart first. This would be an RP about the people who get pulled into the war between the Sith and Jedi, and the efforts of some to stop the conflict once and for all, peacefully or through violence.

Final Fantasy XII - I'm really dying to do something with sky pirates, but I suppose I really just want to play one myself. I would prefer to actually have the whole RP be about the sky pirates, but it really doesn't have to be. I'm kind of interested in involving the Occuria in some way or another and try to fill out their story, since FFXII basically offered nothing about them. I haven't played any of the tactics games or Revenant Wings so I'm pretty limited, but I suppose I could read up about them. As you can tell this is one of my least developed ideas. There's something in the back of my mind about a possible confederation or alliance with several pirate factions against perhaps one of the empires? I could really use some help filling this one out.

Feel free to offer your own stuff!  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:15 pm
SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL: I had an insane idea the other night talking to Kyou about this guild. It came completely out of nowhere in the middle of conversation. Subspace Emissary is great and all, but what if there was a storyline revolving around the actual tournament sort of battles that all the contenders take place in? Of course there'd be the Brawl-contenders, but the world around the stadium wouldn't just be limited to them. There'd be all sorts of people from the franchises mucking around town, maybe owning stores of their own around the grand competition XD It'd be crazy and amazing and perhaps open-ended. If there really needs to be a villain to go up against later I suppose we could come up with something XD  

Moon
Vice Captain

Animus Inanis

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:03 pm
Umm....Ummm *is horrible articulating this sort of thing*

For those of you who have played Okami, what happens after the ending is wide open on all sides:

Amaterasu and Ushiwaka: What's waiting for them in Tamagahara? Is it all monster-infested or what?

The Oina: What's in store for Oki and Co. now?

Susano-o and Kushinada: The wee one! Don't forget the wee one! (though to be mythologically accurate, it'd be wee ONES and they'd all be daughters...)

With any of those, really, you have both the enormous original cast, plus an unlimited supply of original characters waiting to be tapped into. Umm...plot-wise I am the wrong person to be trying to figure this out, but I figure if it's considered it can be dickered with to everyone's content. And Okami just rocks soo...

Yes...Input can I has yes please?  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:47 pm
I'd give you some but I haven't played Okami, sorry.  

Kyou Nitsune
Vice Captain

Animus Inanis

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:07 am
SINNER!

Heh heh. Was just putting it up A.) 'Cause I don't know who's played it and B.) I have yet to see an Okami rp sooo yah.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:21 pm
Zelda: It has been 3 years since that fateful battle with the monstrous Ganon, and other adventurers, inspired by the brave acts of the fabled Hero, have taken up arms.

Shadows have appeared on all sides of Hyrule, and a cold wind has blown since the day they were cast. Everyone is terrified, and these new adventurers seek to ease their fears.

This is the dawn of a new Legend. Let the adventure begin.  

Tearin
Crew

Tearin
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:23 pm
Tearin
Zelda: It has been 3 years since that fateful battle with the monstrous Ganon, and other adventurers, inspired by the brave acts of the fabled Hero, have taken up arms.

Shadows have appeared on all sides of Hyrule, and a cold wind has blown since the day they were cast. Everyone is terrified, and these new adventurers seek to ease their fears.

This is the dawn of a new Legend. Let the adventure begin.

What I'd really like to experiment with is drawing out actual maps and making the players solve real puzzles in order to progress with the story.

We could have riddles they need to answer and clues they need to find on the net. Zelda has always been about exploration and puzzle-solving, and I feel that this would make this RP very unique.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:31 pm
Actually its already up and Link is already taken, please refer to the VG section n_n;  

Moon
Vice Captain

Sousei Tatsu

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 pm
I was thinking of bringing my original world, Pangai, to the guild. for those of you who don't know, Pangai is the world I created to be the setting for several stories spanning over thousands of years. There's a lot in my little fictional setting, from the mythology/religion of Pangai to details on how the governments of the different countries work. If I did bring it to the guild, I would most likely bring my favorite era of Pangai, the Steampunk Age. This might actually tickle your fancy, Kyou, as the Steampunk Age was ridden with Sky Pirates and "Cloud Riders", mercenaries hired to accompany convoys to protect them from said Sky Pirates.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:30 am
I'd really like to see the Old Final Fantasy's ressurected: FF6 or FF9 would be great!

Atm My mind is set on searching for a rp thats easy to come in and out of without being tied down, that being said I'll probably Join smash bros but i've never played it, I could get the jist of it though.

Soul Calibur Series - Find the sword. Simple.
Dragon Ball Z - yeaaaah

Sou, does Pangai have ninjas?  

Mizz_FUJIN

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

fractalJester

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:53 am
I was, and I still am, sorely tempted to have a FFTactics Roleplay. Or at leas,t one set in Ivalice somewhere. I had a plot with the Ivalician Espers and their corruption, but I'm not quite sure about it overall. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:15 am
Win:
Zelda, because it's Zelda.

Final Fantasy XII, because I am biased for pirates.

Final Fantasy IX (sorry but I don't know VI well enough... XD; I just skipped to the parts with Kefka) because it's the most awesome game world ever.

Okami, because yeah, there are no Okami RP's, and it'd be cool to try and find ways to include other folklore and mythology into the mix.

actual puzzles for the dungeons in Zelda (Hey, I think if you RP a game, you should try to make it close to the game in other ways besides story.)

The other ones I either don't know the series well enough or don't like it enough to say "win".

I've already started researching for Zelda; replaying a bunch of the games and all that... (Almost done with Minish Cap!)

Are we using a particular timeline theory, or are we not getting into that due to the complication? xd  

Electrically

Hilarious Seeker

Mizz_FUJIN

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:13 pm
Timeline? *shrug* Do these things even exist these days. We usually go for the 2 year rule. I dont really like following set timelines, i just like playing it from ear, knowing we have to go from A to B but having mishaps along the way would be nice. Instead of going from A to B keeping it set canon style.

I spoz if we're tawkin IX it could be sometime after the Evil Forest Senario then build up from there, or even after Gargon Roo. (just so i can say "Ralley Ho!" when i meet a dwarf) Is it Ralley Ho? i forgot... anyway!

I have another suggestion! 3nodding

Can't we play as our gaian avatars? Living our dailey lives in Barton, Duren etc It would be fun, light hearted humour i should think. Our weapons would obviously be the stuff we have on us e.g mine would be Ancient Katana, Kunai
Our enemys would be the obvious Grombies, Vampires & Aliens.

Say we were to pick an event that has transpired gaia at any point in time and we could roleplay it in however we like, semi-literate to literate based on how we speak in forums.

I'd really like to play Hallowen05 with the Grombies, man just to do a resident evil parody, that would be neat ^w^  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:40 pm
Oh I was talking about Zelda, Fuu. People argue the timeline of Zelda all the time. XD  

Electrically

Hilarious Seeker

Main Forum: General Discussion and Announcements

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas