Reply SCA Guild
Event Site Token Ideas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Xx Danzi xX]

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:42 pm
Please I need help. My sis is designing the tokens for an event and her idea,well... sucks sweatdrop ...so does anyone have ideas ?  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:00 pm
I have seen alot of things being used as tokens.
Mostly I see wood chits of some sort, the kind you see at craft stores, threaded on a string. These can either be very lame or very classy.
The most basic is a wooden bead on a piece of colored yarn, the color of the yarn indicating if they paid for feast or not.
The wooden discs can be alot cooler, as they take branding or rubber stamps better; which makes the site token much more unique and easy to identify at a glance.
Some wood burning or embossing tools have tips with symbols on them, you press that on a little wooden thing for a few seconds and you have a very classy token.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:49 pm
Is there a theme to the event?  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:52 pm
I mostly see pewter tokens, on a loop or string or lucet cord of some type here in CAlontir. Usually the cords are Kingdom colors if a kingdom event, or Local group's if not.

I have see on one occaision a prom-type invitation with the feast menu on it as well as historical background inspiring the event... it was odd, but informative.

when Garik was King in calontir, he gave out pewter replicas of his wedding ring as fealty tokens... his ring was a 16th century antique, I was told... so something of significance to the event, with longevity and poratbility as most people like to carry them around ....  

Lady Rayya

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:02 am
What's the event?

Two weekends ago, I was co-autocrat for our annual shire event the Penguin Crusades, and I stumbled across lampwork penguin beads on the internet - and got the Autocrat to get some small chainmail in our shire colours (red, black, gold, and white).

The result was some 4 in 1 chainmail (24 gage wire?) [silver down the center, with three sets of four in red, gold, and black]. with a penguin lampwork bead on the end.

The most adorable thing I've ever seen. Everyone who got a site token wasvery impressed.

The Queen of An Tir attended the event, and requested an extra one to take home to the King of An Tir. biggrin Suffice to say, I was very happy.

So there's a couple ideas? Link
This is where I found the penguin beads (and pretty darn cheap!! about $40 for 150 beads, including shipping&handling eek ).

Or you could go to The Ring Lord and get some chainmail in your shire colours.

I've also seen some pressed coins as tokens before made with pewter - but I'm not sure how to do that. sweatdrop

I've also seen beads on string done in the shire colours.

I've also seen wooden pieces (basically looked like the Canadian loonie -sized coins) painted with things that represent either the shire or the event. 3nodding

There are many different things you could do. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:30 pm
talk to the moneyers guild.  

American Lad

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:50 pm
This year for Penguin Crusade tokens we made chainmail snowflakes! biggrin  
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers