Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super-Happy-Fun-Time Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun place to make both friends and gold. 

Tags: giveaway, game, gold, contest, free 

Reply Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat
Video Games

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 am
I spend a few hours a day on video games (more on the weekends wink ), so I was surprised that I hadn't posted a topic on video games in here yet - yes, that means I surprised myself (it happens more often than one would think >.> ).

Anyway...

Do you prefer console games, or PC games?

What's your favorite console? Least favorite?

Favorite/least favorite genre?

How often do you play video games?

Favorite games?

Memorable moments in games?

Anything else video-game related that you can think of to talk about?

(As the guild gets bigger, questions like these could reasonably have their own thread. At the moment, though, let's compile video game stuff here ^.^)

I find that I don't have a preference as for console vs. PC. I like console games 'cause I can curl up in a chair and play, but PC games generally have a wider variety of controller configurations ('cause, y'know, keyboards have way more buttons than controllers do).

As for which console I prefer...I gotta tell you, I'm a fan of Sony. I started off with the Nintendo (that's the original, btw), and when the original Playstation came out, I got one of those, and I've been a Playstation Person ever since. I like the backwards-compatibility with it (something the Nintendo line doesn't have, that I'm aware of), and my family's had the best experiences with Sony products (tvs, walkmans, radios, etc), so I see no reason to switch. I've played Wiis at game stores, though, and they're pretty fun xD

I'm a pretty big fan of the RPG genre. I've played every single main Final Fantasy game to come out (minus 11, which I don't count as a "main Final Fantasy game" 'cause it's a MMORPG instead of a console game), and I liked them all. I also like quirky games like Chulip. I like the Sims genre and whatever you'd call GTA games, too ^.^

Favorite games of mine include Persona 3 (PS2), Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines (PC), Sims 2 and its multiple expansions (PC), and I just got GTA 4 (PS3) and am loving it. The two Elder Scrolls games that I've played (Morrowind: PC, and Oblivion: PS3) are also up there on my list.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:17 am
Do you prefer console games, or PC games?

Both. biggrin

Playstation 2 is my favourite, however i dont have a least favourite.

Idk >.<

LOTS!!!!!!! biggrin DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Favorite games?

Diablo 2, dawn of war (All versions) Ratchet and clank 1-5, Jak 3.

Tetris. O_o

No. D:  

Swarmer

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:28 am
My boyfriend's really into Diablo 2, too. 3nodding It's funny because I prefer Sacred over Diablo (even though they're practically the same game), probably because I played Sacred before Diablo, and he's the exact opposite (preferring D. over S.), but for the exact same reason xD

I've played some Ratchet and Clank, too (the first one, I think). It's a fun little game ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:34 am
i can't pick favorites, because i'm a junkie for the video games.

but i just finished shin megami tensei devil summoner last week
finished Persona 3 a few weeks before hand.
debating whether or not i'm gonna bother with FES
I'm replaying drakengard
also in the middle of Folklore
and Baroque

also occasionally playing FF:crystal chronicles
getting ready to start silent hill origins

i enjoy watching other people play the halo and half life series,
but i have a wicked astigmatism and can't play them myself without migraines and nausea
Portal rocks my sock

I'm more a fan of console based games
and own or have owned just about every game system

there's a few older games on PC i liked
like American McGees alice, Obsidian, the Zork series, Phantasmagoria... etc etc
i love RPG an survival horror.
but i loathe MMOs
rofl Nox does not play well with others.

and if i write much more i'll start to babble on about games  

nox erebus

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:22 am
Yeah, I had just started a new game of P3 when my bf picked up GTA4...haven't touched P3 since sweatdrop

I'm in conflict with myself over FES, too. I mean, if I had a job, it wouldn't be an issue - I like P3 enough that I will gladly fork over money for some extra content of unknown quality and quantity, but since it's not my money that I'd be forking over, it's harder to justify >.<

And I'm in the middle of Folklore, too xD Thought about picking up Baroque as it looked interesting, but again, hard to justify.

I'm a fan of survival horror, too...except that the horror games that I've played have been too good at what they do and I can't play them for very long before I get freaked out and have to play something bright and cheery like Katamari Damacy xD (another one of my faves, btw)  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:36 am
Do you prefer console games, or PC games? Consoles. I dislike the two converging. It just means pricier games.

PS3 is my fav. Least fav is probably wii.
Uhm, favorite series is MOH (Medal of Honor)...Least favorite is racing.
Everyday, if my roomies gets off my ps3. We play the ps3more than the other two consoles XD

Favorite games?
Uhm, COD4,MOH SERIES, GOD OF WAR, AND call of duty series.
Last stages of MOH fightin a high ranking general carrying a mg 42

I dislike how people compare COD4 to all the other shooters comin out for ps3 and act as if its a negative thing.  

DementedTeddeh

Mighty Wielder of Sheep

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:05 am
i think my fav console is the 360, even though i've had the RED RING OF DEEAAAAATTTHHHHHH its still great to own one

fav. games are gta4 biggrin , cod4, shadow of the collossus(best game eva)

i hate those gay strategy games. Gawd they piss me off

i would really like to own a ps3 also(mainly for mgs4)

VIDEO GAMES IS TEH BEASTY domokun  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:50 am
I'm a game addict. D:

My updated list of favourite video games:

Diablo 2
Dawn of war (All versions)
Ratchet and clank 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Gaia online (D smile
Adventurequest
dragonfable
Mechquest
Drawn to life

Ect.  

Swarmer

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
So, my bf picked up Soul Calibur IV the other day...my thumb's got a blister on it already xD I'm not terribly into fighting games, but Soul Calibur's cool, and it's fun to play socially, and my bf's brother and my brother each came over this weekend (different days, though), so I've played it quite a bit xD

I'm not so much a fan of the online play, though. People are super cheap and I can't call them on it D=  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:05 pm
Do you prefer console games, or PC games? Console

What's your favorite console? Least favorite?Hmm well its between the Wii and the Xbox 360 and my least fav is ps1

Favorite/least favorite genre? not sure

How often do you play video games?About 7-12 hours a week

Favorite games?All Kingdom Hearts games,Star Wars The Force Unleashed,Spider-Man 2 theres alot i cant think of all of them sweatdrop

Memorable moments in games? idk

Anything else video-game related that you can think of to talk about?Nope sweatdrop  

Namine_30

Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff