Reply Episode Discussion
4x09 The Shape of Things to Come

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalpini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 pm
I was over in my guild making a thread for tonight's episode of Grey's and just thought I'd go ahead and do the one for it's new companion on Thursdays. blaugh

I'm so excited! eek  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:26 am
    Poor Ben! Poor Alex! Poor...Penny?! gonk

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Sapphire Waterlilly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:22 am
That was explosive!! Yeah lots of death in that one.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:28 am
Sayid's life just seems to get worse and worse, doesn't it?

Ben's face when Alex... V__V I REALLY didn't expect that to happen!  

Lady Amalthea Stardust

ethanatos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:08 pm
total monster awesomeness last night.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:49 am
the smoke monster was sickkkk.

but poor alex. =[

and i thought claire was going to die, thank GOD.

and poor Benjamin, he cant kill penny.

it makes me mad how sayids life sucks. every person he loves is killed.

THEORY-
You know how Ben was in the desert? Well, he teleported there. Through time. He asked what year it was. Remember the polar bear in the desert? They did practice with the bears, and then Ben sent himself through to escape.

Prince of Apologies

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:58 pm
Prince is so on to something there... and I have yet to see the episode, being in New Zealand sweatdrop Its on soon...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:13 pm
Well I have to say 'The Shape of Things to Come' is without a doubt one of my favorite episodes to date.

I really liked watching how Ben tried to barter for Alex's life, and then his reaction to when he failed. You just don't see Ben's character act like that often. Not to mention it also showed that Ben has more secrets then we can imagine up his sleeve. The ability to call Smokey still surprises me.

The other really notable scene that I liked, other then more or less the entire episode, was first of all, all of his flashforwards but most specifically the last flashforward between Ben and Charles. That scene raised so many questions for me. How did Charles lose control of the island? What are the nightmares that are bothering him? Why can't he and Ben kill each other? and what are the rules that he and Ben spoke of?

(Just another interesting point from that scene I like how the picture from the Black Rock that Charles purchased in The Constant was to the left of the bed in that scene.)

Whatever they were speaking of it is obviously going to set up things to come for later seasons, andI for one can't wait to see the war between them.

Seaphron

Liquid Sunshine_XO

7,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:16 pm
I was so pissed about Alex, and the fact that Ben let it happen. Even though judging by the look on his face, he didn't really expect that to happen, he still said those awful things. It's so sad that those were the last words she heard, too. cry I really liked her. She helped save Claire, my favorite girl (besides Kate).

-Liquid Sunshine ≈ ☼

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:01 pm
When Alex was shot I nearly dropped the cup of water I was drinking.
I couldn't beleive it.
(my face looked a bit like Ben's, to tell you the truth xD)

The smoke monster was AH-mazing!

I thought it was amuseing how Sawyer yells at the random-extras to get back inside they all get shot
Anybody else enjoy that?

I expected Claire to be dead because, technically, we already know she doesn't live.
Tonights gonna rock
(I wish Jack dies, but he has flashforwards so yeah...I'm disappointed xD)
((Sorry if I offend anyone with my dislike-of-Jack))  

Kaisa xX

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:15 pm
Liquid Sunshine_XO
Even though judging by the look on his face, he didn't really expect that to happen, he still said those awful things. It's so sad that those were the last words she heard, too.

I'm sure Ben feels about a million times more awful for that reason, too. Well, he would if he, you know...was real and stuff, and not a character on TV... sweatdrop

I think the rules Ben referred to might have to do with time and the proper course of events that are supposed to happen. Like, the future they know is supposed to have Alex in it, but Widmore had her killed and therefore changed the future, and so therefore changed "the rules".

We don't know that Claire doesn't live.... We just know she's not with Aaron off the island.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:25 pm
hello, im new to this guild  

ScorpioMooon

Episode Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas