What do you think of Elysium?
  Love it
  Hate it
  It's alright
View Results

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:10 pm
What do all of you think of the Elysium Chapter OVAs that are out now?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:14 pm
The only thing I wish they did was changing the OP theme...  

Demonic rules3
Captain

2,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 am
True, but I love the fact that the animition is so much better.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:12 pm
phoenixfirekitsune
True, but I love the fact that the animition is so much better.

it did indeed improve.

specially when you see it on DVD it looks so nice *_*

I wonder if they'll do some kind of super animated scene when the fight of hades arrives ^_^  

Necrobyss

3,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

anime_kitty_8791

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:28 pm
What's the Elysium Chapter about anyway? I haven't been getting any manga updates lately, and I still have yet to start watching the series (I mean to get to it eventually, I've just been really busy lately). Anyone care to fill me in with a little info so I'm not left confused here?

(btw, can you guys help my eggs hatch? i really dont' want these little dragons to die.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:38 pm
Anime_kitty, the so-called Elysium Chapter is actually part of the Hades saga. It's the continuation of the already existing OVAs that have recently been made, but the manga has been out for a long time.

As for the topic, I haven't been able to see it yet! I'll have to hunt it down as soon as I have time. It's great to hear that you guys thought it's better than the last batch of episodes, though. The animation on those was probably worse than in the original anime and every time Athena and Shaka came on-screen, I'd nearly bash my head against the table - talk about recycling! =P  

PadawanCyn

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:29 pm
LOL! Yeah, a lot of animes recycle some screens. The worst has to be Yu Yu Hakusho during the Dark Tournament.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:23 pm
I presonally really like Yu Yu Hakusho. Then again, that's just me. If I really really like a series, and I mean like it as in LOVE it, then I'm willing to let some of the small stuff go. It's when I'm either a little shakey on it or I really don't like it or some part of it that I'm really critical about stuff like that. Strange isn't it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

anime_kitty_8791

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:06 pm
I love Yu Yu Hakusho too. Heck, I'm the one who lent you my YYH DVD collection anime_kitty. Just a lot of the opening scenes for the Kurama vs. Karasu fight were recycled from earlier battles.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:25 am
anime_kitty_8791
I presonally really like Yu Yu Hakusho. Then again, that's just me. If I really really like a series, and I mean like it as in LOVE it, then I'm willing to let some of the small stuff go. It's when I'm either a little shakey on it or I really don't like it or some part of it that I'm really critical about stuff like that. Strange isn't it.

Oh no, it's not just you. The same thing happens to me. When I really like something about a show, I'm a lot more willing to let the bad things pass. Hell, I watched the whole 13 episodes of "Avenger" even though the crappiness of the story fried my brain, because there was this (ok, really cute, but interesting too!) side character I kept hoping till the end that would do more than stand by watching... he never did though.

rolleyes whee  

PadawanCyn

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 pm
Yeah, it dissapointing when side characters like that never do more than just stand around watching.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:37 pm
Has anyone been able to find a site that lets you watch the Elysium episodes with English subtitles? I've only been able to find the first three.  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PadawanCyn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:44 am
OMG, I watched the OVAs recently... what a disappointment!! crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:38 am
what surely made me mad is the fight against Hades that was only... one ova and a few minutes long..? come on, he's a god! O_o but all in all, I really enjoyed the new ovas. the animation was awesome ^^ way way better than the first Inferno episodes. hah, it even felt sad to see Seiya dying..? did he die anyways..?  

Lotus_No_Ayako

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Person of Interest 200
Saint Seiya Guild - Takusu Mono he ~ My Dear

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items