Submit

Rozalyn Paige

Invisible Dark Elf

31,125 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:44 pm
My fanfiction series takes place when L is still alive, and Light and Misa have not yet forfeited their Death Notes.

When a third Kira arrives on the scene, what is L to do? He doesn't have enough evidence to put any one of them behind bars, and he may be growing desperate. The third Kira is a fifteen year old girl whom, like Light, got bored and tired of crime. Where am I taking this story? Who knows?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:48 pm
Prologue

The bed room was dark, the only light being emitted from the TV. Outside, crickets chirped in the moonlight. A young blonde-haired girl was sitting on her bed, watching the news. A single Pocky stick was protruding from the girl's mouth. "Soon," she said with a smirk.

Meanwhile, L was sitting in a hotel room, watching another news channel. Watari handed L a cup of coffee and walked away. "Nn, thank you," said L, holding the cup delicately by its handle and taking a sip. He tilted his head slightly, realizing that it already had enough sugar in it, "Oh." Just then, a cellphone rang. "Oh, nn," mumbled L, "Better get that." He reached over to the table next to him, opening his cellphone and holding it lightly to his ear. "Hello?"

"Ryuuzaki!" it was Aizawa, "Turn to channel five, quick!" The man on the other line hung up, and L quickly set his cellphone down, grabbed the remote, and changed the channel. The news reporter had his head down on his desk. Just as L had begun to wonder if this man had died of a heart attack, the reporter sat back up, his eyes glazed over slightly. "L," he said, "I have arrived." The reporter laughed and continued, "The third." Suddenly, the man grasped his chest, his eyes widening, and fell, dead. A message from Kira? L thought, What could this mean?

"Ryuuzaki!" This time, it was Watari who called to him, "A few prison inmates have just died of heart attacks, right after writing notes. Put in order, they read 'Kira three has joined the game.'" L's eyes widened a little, and his hands shook ever so slightly. A third Kira? he thought…  

Rozalyn Paige

Invisible Dark Elf

31,125 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Rozalyn Paige

Invisible Dark Elf

31,125 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:53 pm
Chapter 1

It was a cloudy day. News of the channel five reporter's death that occured the night before had already spread. Discussions of this matter were held in hushed tones: "Did you hear about that reporter guy's death?", "What do you think he meant by 'the third'?", "I bet there's another Kira on the loose or something!" Light Yagami, a college student and the original Kira, was growing tired of it all. He wanted to know who the third Kira was and make sure that he or she did not take anymore innocent lives just to contact L.

He turned around and was almost startled to see L staring at him. "There are a lot of rumors going around about Kira 3," said L, his thumb resting on his bottom lip, "Some of the other students may have the right idea. Perhaps we should see what they think?" But Light had gotten somewhat distracted. Just as L had said this, a young girl walked past. She had obviously overheard L's statement, and there was a strange gleam in her dark eyes. "Hm?" L blinked, confused, and turned to see the girl walking away from them.

The girl plopped down onto a bench, and before Light knew it, L was making his way toward her. He followed L over to the girl, his gaze slowly traveling between the two, every once and a while. "You look a little young to be a college student," said L. The girl looked up at him, brushing a lock of blonde hair from her face. "Oh," she muttered, "I attend a high school not far from here."

"I see," replied L, "Oh, where are my manners? I am Hideki Ryuga." The young girl looked up at the man whom called himself Ryuga. “My name is Hinote,” the girl replied. At that moment, there was a light tapping sound, and rain came pouring down. The three teenagers were drenched in seconds. Hinote leapt up, covering her head with her hands. “Oh great!” she complained, “I have to walk home in all this!”

“Where do you live?” asked L.
“2011 Kami street.”

“Ah, that’s much too far for you to walk in this rain,” L said as he grabbed Hinote’s arm and began walking, dragging her along with him; Light followed. They arrived in front of the college, where Watari was waiting in a black limo. “Hey, Ryuga,” said Light, “will you drive me to my house, too?”

“Alright,” said L, opening the back door and nudging Hinote in. I can’t let L be alone with Hinote, thought Light, There’s a good chance she’s Kira 3, and he knows it. “Uh,” muttered Hinote, watching Light and L climb into the car, “you don’t have to drive me home, Ryuga. I can walk. It’s fine.”

“No, no,” said L, with a slight smile, “I insist.” After buckling his seat belt, he placed his thumb between his lips. “Watari,” he said, “let’s stop by 2011 Kami street, first.” Watari began driving. “What do you think of Kira 3?” continued L, addressing Hinote once again. Damn him! Light thought, Does he already suspect her? L stared at Hinote, awaiting her answer. You’ve got one percent, Hinote, he thought. “I think that the third Kira wants attention. He wants people to know of his existence,” Hinote finally spoke, “He could have remained secret and let his killings be blamed on the original Kira, but instead, he went to drastic measures to let his existence be known.”

There was a pause. “My thoughts exactly,” L broke the silence, finally taking his gaze off of Hinote. Light stared out the window; Hinote could see his reflection in the glass. He looks a bit…annoyed, she thought. “Hold on,” Watari suddenly said, and the car quickly turned left. Hinote was forced into the car door, and L fell onto her. Light grabbed onto the door to his left to keep from falling on L. L pushed himself back up, as did Hinote. “Oh, you dropped something,” said L, reaching for a folded sheet of paper.

“No!” snapped Hinote, snatching up the paper. L froze, setting his gaze upon her once more. “Uh, I mean,” Hinote said more calmly, slipping the paper into her pocket, “I got it.” It must have been a Death Note page, Light thought. “Alright,” said L, straightening up, “Ah, we’re here.” Hinote unbuckled her seatbelt and hurriedly opened the car door, but L held his arm out, stopping the girl from jumping out into the pouring rain. He unbuckled his own seatbelt, picked up an umbrella, stepped out of the car, and opened the umbrella. With a glance toward L, Hinote hopped out of the car, and together, they walked up to the front porch of the house.

As soon as they reached the porch, Hinote opened the door. “Bye, Ryuga,” she said before stepping into the house and shutting the door. “Who was that?” said Hana, Hinote’s mother. She watched her daughter quickly ascending the staircase. “Just some guy I met at that one college,” Hinote explained unenthusiastically, slipping into her bedroom and closing the door behind her. A click was heard as she locked the door. “Something’s up,” whispered Hinote, “There can’t be two Hideki Ryugas.” There was a scratching noise at the door. The girl unlocked the door and opened it ajar, and a black wolf dog padded in. She quickly closed and locked the door again. The wolf, the tag on his collar reading Kage, pawed at the leg of a female Shinigami, whom patted the wolf on his head.

“Takai, who was that guy?” asked Hinote, sitting on her bed.
“I apologize for not warning you, Hinote,” replied the Shinigami, “but it seems that was L.”
“L? Damn! That’s just great. If I kill him, they’ll all put two and two together and assume it was me!” She laid back on her bed. “What if he installs cameras or something in the house?” she wondered out loud.

“Doesn’t he need permission from your mother to do that?” inquired Takai.
“Well, yeah, but my mom’ll probably say yes.”

~Meanwhile~

“Thank you,” said L, talking on the phone, “Your permission is greatly appreciated.” He hung up the phone, placing it on the coffee table in front of him. “You will install the cameras tomorrow at noon,” continued L, addressing the police, “Don’t forget to bug the house, as well.”

~Meanwhile, again~

“If he installs cameras here, I won’t be able to use the Death Note,” sighed Hinote, watching the news from her bed, “Then again, who says I have to keep the Death Note in my house? All that fantasizing about secret organizations that Ookami did will actually come in handy.” The girl smirked, placing a Pocky stick in her mouth…  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:37 pm
Wow. . i've read up to chapter 23 of your fan fiction and I have to say it is keeping me hooked! I can't wait to read the rest! How many more chapters do you plan on making?  

strawberry monochrome

Jakex 93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:01 pm
Sweet i want more!  
Fanfiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out