Reply The Lost Guild
Rewatch-Season 1 and some questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nine_wise_hazel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 pm
So I got my parents hooked on the show after I had to catch them up 3 seasons to watch last weeks episode, now I've been re watching the whole thing with them. And knowing what I know now and looking back at the old dialogue/interactions, things are very interesting.

Example: Shortly after the crash Sayid and Kate's gun-ho-ness to get off the island. Sayid says 'It seems you are as eager as me to get off this island.' Low and behold they are both part of the Oceanic 6. Obviously this character traits hold true throughout the season.

However today I just re saw how Sayid first meets Danielle. When he asks here about the monster, she says there is none. This echoes Locke asking Ben the same thing, but he says he doesn't know what it is. How can someone stranded on the island 16 years deny the monsters presence, and how can someone who spent their whole life on the island not know what it is!? Frustrating! Makes me think the monster is less of a physical being and perhaps more psychological...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:01 pm
Interesting observations. Sadly I haven't kept up with the show after they changed the time last season because of school, so I don't really know exactly what's going on. sweatdrop  

Mrs_S_Snape

Playful Wench

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:16 pm
    I don't remember Danielle denying the monster's existence...wasn't she the one who first said it was a security system?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:29 pm
Danielle said it was a security system, she didn't say that it didn't exisit.

And now after the Shape of the Thigns to Come, it shows Ben lied. I mean he summoned it to attack the freighties.

Seaphron

The Jigsaw Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:28 am
Just because he summoned the monster doesn't mean he knows exactly what it is.

Plus... It is possible Ben does not know what the smoke monster is... in The Man Behind The Curtain he does tell John he doesn't know everything about the Island, only Jacob.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:47 am
nine_wise_hazel
So I got my parents hooked on the show after I had to catch them up 3 seasons to watch last weeks episode, now I've been re watching the whole thing with them. And knowing what I know now and looking back at the old dialogue/interactions, things are very interesting.

Example: Shortly after the crash Sayid and Kate's gun-ho-ness to get off the island. Sayid says 'It seems you are as eager as me to get off this island.' Low and behold they are both part of the Oceanic 6. Obviously this character traits hold true throughout the season.

However today I just re saw how Sayid first meets Danielle. When he asks here about the monster, she says there is none. This echoes Locke asking Ben the same thing, but he says he doesn't know what it is. How can someone stranded on the island 16 years deny the monsters presence, and how can someone who spent their whole life on the island not know what it is!? Frustrating! Makes me think the monster is less of a physical being and perhaps more psychological...

O.O really?  

I N F A M I A

A Lost Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:40 am
I have rewatched Lost seasons 1-4 about four times apiece. Everytime I rewatch it I see things that arent really noticeable the first time around. The sky turning purple during the original crash, character connections that arent openly discussed, and many more. This show has truly been written by geniuses!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:02 pm
If memory serves, she didn't deny its existence, just said something along the lines of how monsters don't exist.  

Isabella Van Helsing 2

Baulfret3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:37 pm
dude, honestly i donĀ“t know who can actually believe ANYTHING that ben says, it is not even new to us anymore after nearly 4 seasons of knowing him, and as Seaphron previously said:

Quote:
Danielle said it was a security system, she didn't say that it didn't exisit.

And now after the Shape of the Thigns to Come, it shows Ben lied. I mean he summoned it to attack the freighties.

The Lost Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games