Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Death Note Cosplay
Lots of L cosplays at Megacon. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is L cosplay getting a little overrated?
  Yes, because there are a lot of bad ones.
  Yes, because there are too many now and/or it's too easy.
  No, because there are still good L cosplays.
  No, because L is awesome despite the bad cosplays.
  Yes/no for another reason(post)
View Results

SCP-511

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:39 pm
Not a lot of them were very good, but I saw some neat ones.
I dressed up as L too for most of Saturday. I think my friend has pictures, so I might post them later.
At any rate, it was a fun time, despite not being able to breathe burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 pm
Mokusei
I dressed up as L too for most of Saturday. I think my friend has pictures, so I might post them later.

Why weren't you able to breathe? o___o;

Cytomander

SCP-511

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Cytomander
Mokusei

I'm a girl, and L is a guy.
I am not flat chested at all.
Solution: bandage up with ace bandage super tight(think of corsets) and voila!
L with a flat chest :3
Bad thing is, that's where my lungs also are, so breathing was restricted a tad.
I like to make sure my cosplay is accurate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:08 am
Mokusei
Cytomander
Mokusei

Bad thing is, that's where my lungs also are, so breathing was restricted a tad.

Same thing with me when I cosplayed at MomoCon, except I'm nearly flat-chested. Still hurt like hell to breathe though x-x
Oh, the price of trying to be someone else. xD

`McLaren

SCP-511

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:10 pm
`McLaren
Mokusei
Cytomander
Mokusei

Same thing with me when I cosplayed at MomoCon, except I'm nearly flat-chested. Still hurt like hell to breathe though x-x
Oh, the price of trying to be someone else. xD

Well worth it
I especially like to pick out cosplays I know I look more like to gain a more convincing effect
We didn't get many pictures of my L costume though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:23 pm
I love it when I see a good L cosplay, where the wig is spiked and they're wearing the right things (it isn't that hard after all). I honestly don't care if they have boobs or not XD;;

but there were a lot of bad L cosplays at the con I went to. The makeup was slimy and the wigs were limp and wonky and they just looked strange trying to cosplay L.

All of them were girls XD...

(I've cosplayed L a lot, to school and just wherever. I've never official cosplayed him to a con, though.)

I think as death note gets more popular, we're going to be seeing a lot of inaccurate cosplay (even though he's wearing normal clothing, this isn't exactly a hard cosplay to tackle).  

IttyBittyKitty

Pyro-dono

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:55 pm
i still enjoy seeing tons of L cosplayers. it's kinda a funny feeling to be surrounded by dozens of you favorite character. plus the ok L's make the really good L's stand out all the more.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 pm
All very true.
The wig I had got messed up a bit by the wind(super windy that day) and all we had was hairspray, but it looked pretty okay for the most part. But there were some scary L cosplays. There was one tall skinny guy with brown hair and runny makeup, and a big fat L cosplayer that screamed a lot.

And to think I had gone to all the trouble of bad posture, holding things by my fingertips, etc...  

SCP-511

Red Kasei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:41 pm
Just like any cosplay, for every one fantastic L-lookalike, there are hundreds more that look awful! Oddly enough, I've noticed that most of the terrible L cosplayers are those who know hardly anything about the character! Kinda insulting, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:39 pm
at otakuthon i'm sure i will see many of L, but i wish i will see some good ones...  

nmfrter

Star-Crossed Guardian

29,225 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Headstrong Believer 50

Pink perfume tea

Friendly Survivor

11,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:16 am
I didn't go to Mega con but I went to Tekkoshocon this year as L
I told my boy friend I was going to make my chest look flat but he told me not too. So I went as L.....with big boobs, but I did wear a sports bra to manage the some flatness and I really shouldn't say this stuff on the internet but oh well  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:59 pm
I don't think it's overrated, because there are to FEW good ones.

Event hough he has such a simple look, jeans, white shirt and messy black wig... it's apparently harder to pull off.

I see lots of fat Ls. *shivers*

And alot of people can't get the face/hair right, or the posture, or don't have enough confidence to get the actions right.

That reminds me, I saw an ADORE L cosplay a few days ago. <3 It was a girl, but she had a wig, no shoes, slouching, paleness, everything. I wanted to glomp her. XD  

Lekituzl

Codger

12,175 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100

SCP-511

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:42 pm
So I went to Jacon this year, and there was a guy whose L cosplay didn't LOOK the part too much(brown hair, didn't to the makeup right) but his mannerisms were dead on. He really acted in the awkward, thoughtful way that L does better than any other cosplayer I have seen so far.
I was having a little fun and was dressed up like the Grudge and/or Ring girl(they both look the same anyway), so I went up to him and he sort of stopped and stared. Then he crouched and looked up at me, so I started walking around him in my creepy dead way while he looked around him like "hmm?"
Then I whispered in his ear "Seven days..." and walked off.
lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:21 pm
Mokusei

aw, why were youy nto able to breathe? I'm still looking for a darn plain hwite long sleeved shirt....and perhaps a wig for his kind of hair...  

some-1-especially--random

some-1-especially--random

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:23 pm
Mokusei
So I went to Jacon this year, and there was a guy whose L cosplay didn't LOOK the part too much(brown hair, didn't to the makeup right) but his mannerisms were dead on. He really acted in the awkward, thoughtful way that L does better than any other cosplayer I have seen so far.
I was having a little fun and was dressed up like the Grudge and/or Ring girl(they both look the same anyway), so I went up to him and he sort of stopped and stared. Then he crouched and looked up at me, so I started walking around him in my creepy dead way while he looked around him like "hmm?"
Then I whispered in his ear "Seven days..." and walked off.
lol.

haha, that sounded like a lot of fun. I'm trying to look for a place siutable for cosplaying!  
Death Note Cosplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff