Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
next contest? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you like the idea?
  yes
  no
  great idea :D
  too troublesome :(
View Results

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:34 pm
well i want to plan the next contest and i want to see what you all think about this idea(specially shiro). while i was looking at the old contest i notice shiro's haiku, and i thought that that was a great multi national form of poetry so i thought "well this i a history gild so why don't we do some research on different parts of the world", i came to the conclusion that we should hold contest in which we research a particular part of the world, and see how much we have learned whether it be form of art from that area, research on a interesting historical figure, or a brief description on a different era of that place, the winner gets a price. if we do this we can learn more about the world and expand our knowledge.

my first proposal a haiku contest about a time period in japan, or a historical figure, in order to commemorate where i got the idea, the price two of the Japanese masks sold on the cash shop, winners choice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:36 am
good idea but i think it should be free style cause not a lot of peeps know how 2 write haikus  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:01 am
well my point was to research other regions of the world and get as much of the culture and history as possible, but if haiku's are to hard free style is good, as long as it's about a historical time or figure of japan.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:19 am
ok then what should b th prize  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:08 pm
Oooh, I like that. Having each contest center on a different culture is brilliant! It's always good to spread knowledge as much as possible.

If aoi is up to it, we should go with what she proposed earlier, a rose of the winner's chosen color, or her idea in her first post. (the masks)

Of course, sometimes the only problem with allowing freestyle poetry is that it ends up like our last contest, where everyone does freestyle. So...I don't know. I don't want to limit people's creativity, but I do want to push them a little to see what they can come up with.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:14 pm
sure lets go wit dat  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:37 am
okay, then that should be it. although i did wanted to do this in each countries form of poetry, freestyle is good. although i must insist that the poem should be about that particular region of the world and that it be historical, or historically related or else it should be voided. as i price I'm willing to offer a rose and a mask of the winner's choice. is that good with everyone?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:56 pm
I think it sounds neat!  

pj-narise

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:09 pm
Hmmm....*shifty eyes* Well....How much do the masks cost on the current market?
If they cost the same or more than most of the roses, we should go with only one of those prizes, although that it up to aoi.
I don't mean to sound annoying or anything, but it just seems that a poem isn't worth too much, especially if it's short. I can see a medium story going for that, or a good piece of art, but...ah well. Before I start rambling on, do you guys agree?
Once we get the details worked out and the contest up, I'll get start recruiting more members to participate. Only a small percentage of the people who belong to this guild really participate, it seems.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:47 pm
about 3k 2 6k  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:49 pm
*nodnod* Thanks, Syn. Your research is much appreciated ^_^

Well, aoi, how about we go with just one? The choice is all yours though, dear 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:03 pm
thanks 4 the complyment

i know im golden lol  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:35 am
a mask it is then, if that is what you guys think 3nodding . Jariah you got the Midas touch.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:50 pm
So lets give the specifics then. just so everyone has got it straight. I'll enter no matter what but since I won the last contest I bow out judgement. I would like to help out in any other way that I can though. Just let me know.  

pj-narise

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:56 pm
im working on getting the mask right question  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items