Submit

Lavender-the-9-tailed-fox

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:09 pm
Um hello. I need help with my cosplay, for the Otakuthon anime convention in the summer! So far I have 20 bucks to make this cosplay, and I'll be getting more from my b-day, so I'll atleast be getting 20 more dollars! Do you know what kind of wig/ how to style it? I need to make sure it lasts, and looks like L hair. Also, what kind of make-up should I use for the eyes? How much should I put? Also, tell any other useful info, like... posture, shirt, ect. ect. Oh, and btw, I'm a GIRL!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:25 pm
I'm really glad you're not just dying your hair black and straightening it. Thank you, random cosplayer.

Do online wig-products work for you? I know a few sites, but I know some people like me can't order off the internet.

I ******** suck at makeup though, can't help you there

Cytomander

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:30 pm
Cytomander
I'm really glad you're not just dying your hair black and straightening it. Thank you, random cosplayer.

Do online wig-products work for you? I know a few sites, but I know some people like me can't order off the internet.

I ******** suck at makeup though, can't help you there
Lol my hair is black, XD
If it wasn't for the streaks and that it's LONG, I would style my hair like L. Oh, and your welcome ^_^
Uh, online is okay, my parent's bought me something online before so I think it's fine <3
Thank you for helping me!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:39 am
I got a pretty good L wig off of eBay for 25...
And I bought an L-like shirt at wal-mart for about seven bucks. I just borrowed a pair of pants from my brother for L-pants, and my cosplay was done.
Oh yeah, and I got some eyeliner for a buck for my Halloween costume that I reused.

If you could step your budget to maybe about 35, your costume would come out better.  

mond -an- mitternacht

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:30 am
mond -an- mitternacht
I got a pretty good L wig off of eBay for 25...
And I bought an L-like shirt at wal-mart for about seven bucks. I just borrowed a pair of pants from my brother for L-pants, and my cosplay was done.
Oh yeah, and I got some eyeliner for a buck for my Halloween costume that I reused.

If you could step your budget to maybe about 35, your costume would come out better.

Thank you for the info :3
Oh, and I said that I have 20 bucks on me, but since it's going to be my birthday soon, I expect getting 20$ more! I think you missed that when your reading my post sweatdrop
But, that's okay, thank you for the help! ( I still don't know why not alot of people are helping me D: )  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:15 pm
( I still don't know why not alot of people are helping me D: )

This place isn't exactly active, I've noticed. xd

Anyway, is there anything you still need help with?

mond -an- mitternacht's post pretty much sums up what to use and how to get it~

For the make up, I think I'd put on a heavy layer of thick eye-liner (where it's supposed to be, not where the eye bags are). Then, once you think that's dark enough, put a bit of black eye-shadow under the eye. :3

Cytomander

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:02 pm
Cytomander
( I still don't know why not alot of people are helping me D: )

This place isn't exactly active, I've noticed. xd

Anyway, is there anything you still need help with?

mond -an- mitternacht's post pretty much sums up what to use and how to get it~

For the make up, I think I'd put on a heavy layer of thick eye-liner (where it's supposed to be, not where the eye bags are). Then, once you think that's dark enough, put a bit of black eye-shadow under the eye. :3
True, it's not very active >_<
Well, I would like help choosing a wig, there's soo many! I found a nice one, but...It kinda doesn't look that much like L: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j94/kai-lah/BestLwigIhaveeverseensofar.jpg Oh, that's a good idea about the make-up! I think I'll do that :3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:47 pm
the make-up... it's pretty easy, I've done a few L cosplay before, and what I've done is just put pale foundation on, you could get it at target or Sephoria if there is one near you. and just put that ALL over your face and neck. but dont put so much that your face is completely white like a clown, somewhere between dead and a really pale person. LOL and for the make up, what i've done is black eyeshadow under your eyes, but UNDER you lash line, (which means not like eyeliner.) then just lightly put eyeliner ontop of the eyeshadow, and rub it in. you could also put the eyeliner first, it doesn't really matter  

Xx-Funeral-4the-Living-Xx

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:56 pm
Fire_at_Will-77
the make-up... it's pretty easy, I've done a few L cosplay before, and what I've done is just put pale foundation on, you could get it at target or Sephoria if there is one near you. and just put that ALL over your face and neck. but dont put so much that your face is completely white like a clown, somewhere between dead and a really pale person. LOL and for the make up, what i've done is black eyeshadow under your eyes, but UNDER you lash line, (which means not like eyeliner.) then just lightly put eyeliner ontop of the eyeshadow, and rub it in. you could also put the eyeliner first, it doesn't really matter
Uhm, I don't have to worry about my skin. It's really really pale, like...people called me dead because of it XD
Oh, Target? You must be in the US then! I'm not, but I could still check it out, I'll ask my Light and Misa if my skin isn't light enough,though I think it's plently light enough. Thank you for your help!

Cytomander, mond -an- mitternacht, Fire_at_Will-77, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!! THIS COSPLAY IS GOING TO BE MUCH BETTER THANKS TO YOUR HELP! ARIGATOU!!!!!!! <3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:21 pm
Be sure to post pictures when you're done. mad heart

Cytomander

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:47 pm
I will, I will sweatdrop
It'll be a while...since I need to get the wig and all...>_>  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:02 pm
Fire_at_Will-77
Uhm, I don't have to worry about my skin. It's really really pale, like...people called me dead because of it XD
Oh, Target? You must be in the US then! I'm not, but I could still check it out, I'll ask my Light and Misa if my skin isn't light enough,though I think it's plently light enough. Thank you for your help!

Cytomander, mond -an- mitternacht, Fire_at_Will-77, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!! THIS COSPLAY IS GOING TO BE MUCH BETTER THANKS TO YOUR HELP! ARIGATOU!!!!!!! <3
ya I am in the US but it doesn't have to be at target, just anywhere really, well if you pale then that's great, I'm just in the sun WAAAYYY to much so I have to wear pale stuff LOL o. and goshujin kangei... I think that means your welcome... HAHA I'm so bad at Japanese Language. I just started learning redface  

Xx-Funeral-4the-Living-Xx

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:47 pm
@Fire_at_Will-77
Lol XD
I'm only pale because I hate the sun (lol I'm a vampire xp )
PLUS, I hate what I look tanned...I look deformed...>_>
Oh, and that's okay! I'm still learning japanese too, but I know quite abit because of my grandfather, my mother, and friends. (It also helps that I'm japanese^^ )  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:54 pm
Oh! Oh! I have decided to CUT my hair like L. YES, you heard me right! I am in due need of a cut (I hate my hair long now, I want it short, cause I look cuter with short hair :3) I am going to be dying my hair black JET black. ( because I have streaks in my hair, so I don't want to be L with streaks >_< )

I can't decided which style though!
1: http://byouin.deviantart.com/art/my-first-purikura-63871486 (check all her L pics to see the hair better, and to know how it really looks)

Or! 2: http://cesia.deviantart.com/art/Best-L-66482597

I'm leaning more to 1, because of the fact it looks like my style (emo?)
and isn't too too short! IT looks like L, and is very pretty! It'd be not too bad walking around the rest of my life with that hair :3
But 2 looks more like his REAL hair...so I need opinions.
So far my brother says to go with 1 because it's cuter. ^_^  

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:00 pm
Okay, my mother told me I am doing number 1, because she said she doesn't want my hair like a boy, nor an anime character >_>
She thinks I'm too obsessed and stuff. So, I am cutting it like that I am sooo excited! I'll have pictures of a costume soon, and I will get more when I go to the convention. (I will probally be cosplaying it first at a mall or something with a friend, to make sure it's perfect.)  
Death Note Cosplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff