Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:02 pm
I've read a lot of what RoseisaRose says, and the concerns of other Jews that see Christianity as a cult that steals their children away...and I would share that concern, I would be worried and sad too, if Jesus weren't the real thing. He fulfilled the prophecies, he said he'd make all things new, and he did. Jews don't lose their Jewishness if they accept Christ, they grow and develop in new ways. The old is discarded because it is no longer needed. If it were a video game, it would be called the evolved form...the apostle Paul calls it "completed."

Knowing all the love God has for his people, and how the angels rejoice when someone gets saved, and the incredible resistance the world, the devil and other Jews have against Christ, it is a joy to see and hear from Messianic Jews. The Gentiles, in some ways, have an easier time of it than the Jews, because they were called from darkness into light. The Jews were called from darkness into the initial light, then into a greater light. And some chose to disbelieve the greater light and are insulted by challenges to their choice.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:40 pm
And you know, that is how you see it.

It really is a difference in perspective. To non-Messianic Jews, we do loose something by believing in Jesus, because in our beliefs, he is NOT a prophet, or the son of G-d or the Messiah. Also, Judaism is not a proselytizing religion, and thus, a lot of the methods of the Messianics are completely foreign to Judaism.

And, there's a couple groups of Messianic Jews (mostly J4J) who've made a VERY negative name for themselves, and are also the most prominent groups, thus making it harder for many Jews.  

RoseRose

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:59 pm
Do you think that Messianic Jews have made it harder for non-Messianics to exist among non-Jews? (I don't understand how they make it harder.)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:03 pm
No, what I'm saying is that some groups of Messianic Jews do things in such a way that REALLY offends Jewish groups. J4J is infamous among Jews for this, and it is the most... prominent, I guess would be the word, Messianic group.  

RoseRose

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff