Death Note FAQ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:06 am
Warning!

This FAQ does have some spoilers in it so beware. This is to stop repeat threads in the guild. We have enough spam as is.

Death Note FAQ

Q. What is L's Real Name?

A. It is never revealed in the actual manga plot what his real name is.
It's only revealed in the Death Note How to Read Book 13.
That name is read as L Lawliet.

Q. Who is B or BB? And what does it stand for?

A. BB stands for Beyond Birthday, though he is also mentioned as B.
He is a character only in the novel "Death Note: Another Note" which tells us about the Los Angeles case L worked on in the past.

Q. Did Misa die?

A. Again that is another answer that isn't revealed until "Death Note 13: How to Read", it's kind of hinted that the creators got lazy with her ending, they imply that she became horribly depressed and commited suicide.
The anime also implies that she commited suicide but truthfully, it's almost anyones quess how she passed on... at least in the manga.

Q. What's the difference between the Manga/Anime and the Movie?

A. Some characters are completely left out or not as focused upon as it was in the manga or anime.
Also the deaths of L and Light's father never happened.
It follows along well for the most part but they kind of did their own ending to fit time.

Q. Who is Near?

A. L's succesor who appears in volume 7.

Q. Who is Mello?

A. Another one of L's succesors who appears at the same time, though he is often "second best".

Q. Who is Matt?

A. Another character to appears late in the manga. A friend of Mello.
He shows up for a only a few panels of the manga and is killed, no better in the anime. ._.

Q. Is there such a thing as the "Death Eraser"?

A. Only in the prototype. In the actual story, no there isn't.

Q. Is it pronounced "Light" or "Raito"?

A. There really is no correct way to pronounce it, but that in actuality, that is a pretty ignorant answer, don't you agree?
In reality the person has to understand and remember the language difference. Japan is a much different culture and language from the U.S. the U.K. or anywhere else really.
And vice-versa of course, our culture and language is different from them as well.
The letter "L" does not exist in the japanese language, thus them having difficulties pronouncing the word "L".
This is with EVERY language out there, everyone pronounces things differently, and if you listen close enough they tend to say "Lighto" instead of the all popular "Raito".
So if you want to be as... "acurate" as possible then by all means go with "Raito".
While you're at it you might as well say "Nia" for Near and "Merro" for Mello.
But if you want to go with an acurate TRANSLATION then it is Light.

If there are anymore questions don't hesitate to ask them in HERE please.

Love Tea with Bubbly. :3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 pm
What about pronunciations of Lawliet?
Is it really pronounced "Low-light"?  

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:34 pm
H3lblad3
What about pronunciations of Lawliet?
Is it really pronounced "Low-light"?

O.o
Who the heck told you that? xD!!
Most people pronounce the "Liet" like in "Juliet". And "Law" like... "Law". xD
"Law-lee-et" That's the best I can break it down at least. :3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:21 am
That's how I pronounced it, but I've seen in several places where people have said otherwise. sweatdrop  

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Dark Spellmasters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:46 am
I have a quick question. Did the creator ever say if there was someone before L? Or was he the first, since he's not the only one at the orphanage?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:16 pm
I don't know for sure, but I don't think so. sweatdrop

L is normally thought of as the first L with whoever takes up after him going to be the second. But you raise a good question.  

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:41 pm
Dark Spellmaster
I have a quick question. Did the creator ever say if there was someone before L? Or was he the first, since he's not the only one at the orphanage?

No, they don't ever mention it. Theres theories saying Watari was the first L but I doubt that.
Theres a HUGE hint that the creators are kind of lazy about things they probably didn't think about or they're just messing with their fans to keep them guessing. xD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:12 pm
is L really his actual first name? who'd name a kid a letter?  

cynicalpink130

Beagle_Cat-Fish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:43 pm
cynicalpink130
is L really his actual first name? who'd name a kid a letter?

Lazy people at the orphanages? lol LAWL  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:22 pm
H3lblad3
That's how I pronounced it, but I've seen in several places where people have said otherwise. sweatdrop

I pronounce it with a mixture of the two =__=;;

Law-Light

haha *shot*  

IttyBittyKitty

Mia_Sage

Friendly Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:01 am
What ever happens to Light's mother and sister? The both aren't mentioned after a while in the manga.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:34 am
Isn't L's real name actually "Ellal Lawliet", and not just "L lawliet"? that would make a whole lot more sense.
or maybe I thought about this too much and somehow conceived the idea that It was something other than what it seemed to be.  

raptor jesus 777

H3lblad3

Amorous Flatterer

13,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:14 pm
Mia_Sage
What ever happens to Light's mother and sister? The both aren't mentioned after a while in the manga.

Obvious spoilers are obvious.
She kinda went unresponsive before they cut her out, right? I haven't read...

But, one of the creator peoples seem to have said that they imagine someone would probably tell her and their mother Light died fighting Kira. That's all I could find, really.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:08 am
raptor jesus 777
Isn't L's real name actually "Ellal Lawliet", and not just "L lawliet"? that would make a whole lot more sense.
or maybe I thought about this too much and somehow conceived the idea that It was something other than what it seemed to be.
Ellal would then be a crazy name for L, even for the creators. The reason why L's first name is L, might be partly because the creators couldn't think of a nicer name for L, something that's "so great no one would ever think about" they must have already raked up their brain with just thinking of Lawliet... Maybe, after thinking of the surnmae as Lawliet, they couldn't think of any names starting with L, that is equal or way better than Lawliet. SO they just stopped raking their brains for names. And they just let his official manga name be L. Just a simple L. But a GREAT simple L! With that though, they just created another mystery for the fans to think about!  

mihori_0624

Hopeful Cadet

11,400 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

raptor jesus 777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:15 pm
mihori_0624
raptor jesus 777
Ellal would then be a crazy name for L, even for the creators. The reason why L's first name is L, might be partly because the creators couldn't think of a nicer name for L, something that's "so great no one would ever think about" they must have already raked up their brain with just thinking of Lawliet... Maybe, after thinking of the surnmae as Lawliet, they couldn't think of any names starting with L, that is equal or way better than Lawliet. SO they just stopped raking their brains for names. And they just let his official manga name be L. Just a simple L. But a GREAT simple L! With that though, they just created another mystery for the fans to think about!

ya, there aren't many names that begin with L that would be as awesome as just L, but if you say "Ellal", it sure does sound like you were just saying L. It's actually a real name, too. I think his first name IS actually Ellal, and if you think about it using my assumption, you could see why he just got called "L".
Also, L himself said in the manga, as I remember, that L was simply a surname. I know that he might be hiding it in plain sight, but still, I don't think he'd put his real name as an alias. so, the 2 best reasons why i believe that his first name is Ellal:
1: it is said in the manga that L is just a surname (or an alias)
2: what kind of parent names their child "L"?

Of course, this is simply my opinion. I also heard this somewhere, although I forgot where sad
Yes, the simple "L" is very awesome. awesome name awesome character right? All I'm really trying to do here is satisfy my own thirst for more knowledge of death note...  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff