Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Bulletin Board (check 1rst post often--updated 12/12/08) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:47 pm
Bulletin Board!

User Image

This is sort of the news-stand of History Huggers. Check here when you want to see if something is going on.

3/11/08-- I'm looking for two more crew members. Not that the current ones aren't absolutely awesome, but they can't do this all by their lonesomes. If you're interested, PM me. All I need to know is that you're dedicated enough to keep tabs with the guild. I can't have crew members running off now! (Dedicated = logging in and posting at least once a week)

3/24/08-- Well, since I think this guild is starting to slow down a little bit, we should probably do something about it. I'm thinking about starting another contest (along with the one proposed by aoi) to see if someone can come up with a newer and preferably better homepage pic. My skills don't quite seem to be up to the task. I'm not sure what the prize should be yet.
Also, I'm planning to add another forum, but I have several ideas and I can't decide. This is what I have so far:
Fiction/fanfiction forum
Art Forum
Off-topic discussion forum
Advertisement forum

12/12/08-- Leapin' Lizards, Batman! I've been gone FOREVER. I feel like a bad parent T.T Real life has been rough lately. However, I'm going to do my best to make a comeback in this guild.
I'd like to remind newcomers that they are welcome to make new topics, so long as they are good questions and/or relate to history in some way.
Also, since the RPG forum seems to be kinda dead, I'm opening up the RPG to new storylines from everyone who is a 'senior member'--meaning you've been here for at least a month and have been active at least twice. So long as the plotline makes sense and is interesting, feel free to make your own.
Also, special thanks to my Crew for taking awesome care of History Huggers while I was AWOL.
Thanks guys ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:54 pm
i say poetry
and the prize should b gold lots of it
the crew and captins of our guld will give the funds and sponsership  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:48 pm
i'm not much of a writer (i have many ideas but can't write them out) but if you want i can help with the precent, they say i'm good at giving stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:59 pm
to Syn: I like your idea, but I don't think the prize should be only gold. And if we do start out with gold, I want to keep it below 1,000. It is only the first contest after all. By all means, though, I think the staff should be obligated to help out a least a tiny bit.

To Aoi: Awww, that's sweet of you, but you don't have to give anything if you don't want to. And you should give the contest a try! You never know, you could have talent yet ^_^  

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:03 pm
but if you ever need help I'm here, i enjoy giving things to others. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:43 am
eh cap i say we give aoi a promotion cause she's so caring biggrin

so let's give them noobish event items since rhis is our fist contest  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:23 am
no need, but i have a extra imperial queen if you want to use it or maybe a pawn as you see fit. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:27 am
that will work can we use the pawn  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:34 am
of curse just tell me who to send it to biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:39 am
send it 2 shiro she's the event coordinater but send her a pm b4 gand  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:51 am
first we should wait and see if she likes the item and the idea and then if she agrees I'll send her the item, sorry but i always like to play things safe unless i have no other choice.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:00 am
i agree always go 4 the safe and long path  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:52 pm
Oh yes. I see a promotion very very soon in the future ^_^ If you're willing to give up a pawn, I don't see why not! It's a great prize that works for both guys and girls, and if they win and don't particularly want it, they can sell it for a little money ^_^

However, I want you to keep your queen since they're moderatly expensive.

*hugs you both*

Now! What should the challenge itself be--poetry? Writing? And what should they write about?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:00 pm
it's up to you, biggrin thank you so much for the promotion, and if we need the queen for future events i have three just so you know.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:15 pm
Wow O.O

btw, what should the topic of contest be? Any ideas?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff