Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
the history of extraterrestrials Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you want to beleive?
  yes!
  no!
  i beleive in life elsewhere but i dont beleive theyre advanced enough for space travel
  i beleive there are scientific explanations for all UFO occurances that dissprove extraterrestrials
View Results

Yukimura D Sanada

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:18 pm
User Imagesome days, some nights some live, some die in the way of the samuraiUser Image

who here believes in UFOs or alien life? if so do you believe they are any different than humans? are they here among us living with us and we cant tell because they are simply humans from another world?

i believe they are the basis for all of our technology and that they have been here for centuries and have helped forge earth into what he are today.

in history there are so many things that can be explained by the evidence of alien life.
just look at angels for instance, is it so far out there to believe that angels are really just visitors from another world.

id like to hear what you all think about this.

User Imagesome fight, some bleed sun up to sun down the sons of a battlecryUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:24 pm
i believe there is life elsewhere but not that we humans r the greatest
in my opinion we r the most ignorant,volotile,evil race there is  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:34 pm
Heck, I can't put it much better than Jariah. I agree totally. If I were an alien, I'd eliminate the human race too. Not that we haven't done some good things...

My beleif is that if the universe is endless, then there has to be some probability of liveable conditions occuring in other places.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:38 pm
and if they r watching us ill have no qaulms about our genocide  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Doctor_Orc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:01 pm
It’s an interesting point, although a bit too frequent (the one Shiro and Jariah point out). It often reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes stripe, where they point out that the proof that there’s intelligent life out there is that they haven’t tried to contact us.
But when we say stuff like “Humans are evil” this has a lot more implied that you might at first imagine. First off, probability are that if you’re not an alien, you’re human. So saying that, you imply that you, a human can recognize evil. The ability to recognize evil is inherent to humans, and Evil is described rightly as “not Good”. So, when someone says that society is corrupt, people are too greedy, there’s too much evil in the world, this demonstrates that there’s still hope. There are still people out there that can recognize evil, and as such, have an idea of how things should and could be. So hop on it!

Extraterrestrial life… I do believe in it.
Intelligent alien life… that’s not a “valid” question. This depends on the meaning of intelligent. If the meaning is “human like intelligence” I would say very unlikely. Our intelligence is linked with our world and the stuff that’s around us. Our way of thinking developed in a very specific environment, and it offers basic tools to work with specific things.
A different world, a different reality. Imagine a twin star system (much more common than a single star system) of a red giant and a white dwarf with three planets and seven moons each… and the gas in the atmosphere of the life bearing planet makes the sky green instead of blue… and the seas are only one foot deep and cover about 90% of the surface? No day nor night nor seasons… The skills to survive there would be totally different; so would the intelligence developed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:05 pm
well good and evil is a point of veiw
but still we've done some dark things  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Doctor_Orc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:14 pm
Some very, very dark things indeed. And we still haven’t paid half the price for it. But still, at least let take solace in the lessons learned with it…
Every generation is, in a sad way, destined to make the same mistakes again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:15 pm
and so the cycle continues  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Mightyenapup

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:28 pm
Doctor_Orc
Extraterrestrial life… I do believe in it.
Intelligent alien life… that’s not a “valid” question. This depends on the meaning of intelligent. If the meaning is “human like intelligence” I would say very unlikely. Our intelligence is linked with our world and the stuff that’s around us. Our way of thinking developed in a very specific environment, and it offers basic tools to work with specific things.
A different world, a different reality. Imagine a twin star system (much more common than a single star system) of a red giant and a white dwarf with three planets and seven moons each… and the gas in the atmosphere of the life bearing planet makes the sky green instead of blue… and the seas are only one foot deep and cover about 90% of the surface? No day nor night nor seasons… The skills to survive there would be totally different; so would the intelligence developed.

I agree with this completely. We can't really judge if alien life would in fact be 'intelligent,' because our Earth standards might be much higher (or much lower) than the average life-harnessing planet's.

As for me, I believe that alien life exists, but I don't believe in UFOs or much else like that. Though it would be really freakin' cool. I mean, with how tremendously huge the universe is, I find it preposterous that those of us on Earth would be the only things alive. Surely, in some other galaxy far away, there's more creatures, unlike anything we could imagine, with skills and adaptations so foreign to our thoughts that we'd be awe-strucken to even get a glimpse. Though, I do find it rather unlikely that there'd be another human-like species. The chances of evolution following the same path twice--or at least, reaching the same point as "humanity"--is near impossible, especially if those other planets don't share our kind of climate, environment, etc.

Man, I've been mentioning evolution a lot... I'm not trying to advocate it, really... I'm just speaking scientifically. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:39 pm
what if they wish 2 comit mass genocide like said earliar  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Doctor_Orc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:39 pm
It’s not really evolution, it’s, if you prefer, adaptation.
Our brain, and this is tested, is particularly permeable to certain kinds of stimuli during certain periods of development that help the brain to develop certain types of intelligence. Learning to speak a certain language has a particular age in which it is easier. So the types of stimuli we receive from the environment and the frequency and the time we receive them help us to develop different ways of interacting with the world.
Different environments different ways of thinking (even in the species Human). Imagine then on a different planet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:41 pm
Jariah Syn

Then kudos to them. They may as well kill of this pathetic human race. Unless it also involves killing off everything else on Earth... then I'd rather we slowly kill ourselves.

Doctor_Orc
It’s not really evolution, it’s, if you prefer, adaptation.
Our brain, and this is tested, is particularly permeable to certain kinds of stimuli during certain periods of development that help the brain to develop certain types of intelligence. Learning to speak a certain language has a particular age in which it is easier. So the types of stimuli we receive from the environment and the frequency and the time we receive them help us to develop different ways of interacting with the world.
Different environments different ways of thinking (even in the species Human). Imagine then on a different planet.

Indeed. 3nodding  

Mightyenapup

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm
true  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 pm
Quote:

I don’t know. Why would they?
In Sci Fi it’s generally because of resources, which is a bit unintelligent, seeing that in our solar system there are planets where they could get the same stuff with less trouble.
They could be planning mass genocide for, and this is a funny thing, religious reasons; our existence would defy their way of living… hahaha!
Still, to do something like that is a bit too weird, particularly “just because”. The resources, the trouble… it’s easier to place some drones around the solar system programmed to blast us if we reach extra solar system travel, and just ignore us for the time being.

If this “grays” really exist, I bet they are actually drones themselves.  

Doctor_Orc

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:42 pm
possibly but it could b their arrogance  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items