0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
None-- I have none or I am here for the poll gold
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

magicheide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:54 pm
I love the heraldic colors--it is sure one way to make it easy to find your stuff! My colors are Vert and Argent. What are yours? Do you have an emblazon? Can you blzon it for us?

I am Argent, four chevronels inverted within a bordure vert

The colors are:

GULES= Red
SABLE = black
AZURE = blue
VERT - green
PURPURE = purple

The metals are:

OR = Gold
Argent = White/Silver  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:19 pm
Per chevron purpure and argent, a crescent pendant purpure and a chief argent.

Purpure and argent win my heart.
<3

Merewen

CassiusD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:42 pm
None, Romans didn't really use heraldry so it wouldn't be appropriate to my personna.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:08 pm
CassiusD
None, Romans didn't really use heraldry so it wouldn't be appropriate to my personna.

Cassius, you are correct of course for your persona, but registering armory with your herald will make the life of the kingdom/heralds & scribes so much easier when you
a) receive scrolls
b) receive awards
c) fight in banner tourneys
d) Want to identify "your stuff"

Have you considered at least a badge to do that? Badges would not be out of place for a Roman, as elaborate broaches and distinctive artwork in rings were used as a sign of identification in Roman times. It would give you colors and the heralds "something!"  

magicheide

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:17 pm
(wants heraldry) all I sumbitted kept being rejected >>;  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:01 pm
I haven''t yet decided what to do for my device. I''m still working on it. As for colours, though, I''ll probably go for either gules/argent or purpur/argent. Yay!  

Arithrel
Crew

CassiusD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:01 pm
magicheide
CassiusD

Cassius, you are correct of course for your persona, but registering armory with your herald will make the life of the kingdom/heralds & scribes so much easier when you
a) receive scrolls
b) receive awards
c) fight in banner tourneys
d) Want to identify "your stuff"

Have you considered at least a badge to do that? Badges would not be out of place for a Roman, as elaborate broaches and distinctive artwork in rings were used as a sign of identification in Roman times. It would give you colors and the heralds "something!"

The first two I'm hoping to avoid, anything that makes people pressure me to show up at court is a bad thing in my eyes. The third is unlikely, I don't do one on one fighting except at practices, I prefer wars. As for the third, my name written on the inside with a permanent marker works great for that. It is possible that eventually I'll do some kind of badge but if so it will be a while, I have too many other things to do that are higher priority to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:59 pm
My device is basically as one herald but it a cold cat on a hot bed, or to be
proper a silver cat over gules flames with a fur background.  

ShadowDruid

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:22 am
Hmmm. I have a device that I came up with about two years ago, but I've never gotten around to submitting it. Lemme see if I can figure out how to blazon it...

Per chevron, argent and vert, four pine trees vert in chief, a squirrel argent sejant. I think

It's a shield divided per chevron, white on top and green on the bottom, with four pine trees across the top and a white squrrel at the bottom, from a side view. No rampant or erect affronti squirrels on MY device! *lol*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:06 pm
Im using sable as Iron. Yes I've checked this black was used as a metal on ocassion. I'm not sure what the charges will be. I'm leaning toward a wolf and dragon rampant with a bend seperating them  

Abyssal Hamster

magicheide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:31 pm
ShaolinAssasin
Im using sable as Iron. Yes I''ve checked this black was used as a metal on ocassion. I''m not sure what the charges will be. I''m leaning toward a wolf and dragon rampant with a bend seperating them

While black may represent iron to you there is a whole BOOK OF HERALDRY also the Laurel Herald''s page that will tell you the rules and there are in brief: no color on color or metal on metal. The SCA says sable is a color. So your wolf and dragon are say Or (gold) and the bend is oh say Argent /White, maybe Or (gold) or even Chequey Or and something (azure, say) Then that gives you a plausible arms. Then you go to the ordinary and armorial (also online on the Laurel page) and check to see if it is clear.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:38 pm
ShaolinAssasin
Im using sable as Iron. Yes I've checked this black was used as a metal on ocassion. I'm not sure what the charges will be. I'm leaning toward a wolf and dragon rampant with a bend seperating them

While black may represent iron to you there is a whole BOOK OF HERALDRY also the Laurel Herald's page that will tell you the rules and there are in brief: no color on color or metal on metal. The SCA says sable is a color. So your wolf and dragon are say Or (gold) and the bend is oh say Argent /White, maybe Or (gold) or even Chequey Or and something (azure, say) Then that gives you a plausible arms. Then you go to the ordinary and armorial (also online on the Laurel page) and check to see if it is clear.  

magicheide

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:53 pm
CassiusD

The first two I'm hoping to avoid, anything that makes people pressure me to show up at court is a bad thing in my eyes. The third is unlikely, I don't do one on one fighting except at practices, I prefer wars. As for the third, my name written on the inside with a permanent marker works great for that. It is possible that eventually I'll do some kind of badge but if so it will be a while, I have too many other things to do that are higher priority to me.

I'm with you on that one. I have an easy period out though, Bindrunes rock!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:56 pm
I'm still learning about all this stuff but I did get to see some very cool devices last week. Once I figure out my persona I would love to sumbit a device.  

xxDethWishxx

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:27 pm
Gules and Sable  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items