Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Cobra Starship Guild

Back to Guilds

For all fans of Cobra Starship. FANGS UP! 

Tags: cobra, starship, gabe saporta, viva la cobra, fangs 

Reply ¡Viva La Cobra Guild!
Cobra Starship V.S MTV

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xoxSprinklesxox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:31 pm
Cobra Starship was featured as Artist of the Week (last week: December 30 - January 5th) on MTV. There were short commercials on their "reality show" called Viva La Cobra! These clips were shown during commercials on MTV and MTV.com If you haven't seen them yet... Check them out here

They premiered their new video on MTV.com on December 31st 2007 and today the video premiered on TRL holding the #9 spot. They are scheduled to appear on the show next Monday ( January 14th 200 cool .

So...
What do you guys think about their success finally going to MTV?
Do you want them to be successful on MTV?
Will they last on MTV?
Will it give them more exposure?

What are your thoughts...
Discuss  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:07 pm
I honestly think it's great that they're on MTV. More success for the band and whatnot. I just hate that it creates those so called "teenies." I would be fine if they just liked them and said Cobra Starship was great & admitted that they only knew one song, but sometimes there's just situations where they'd say, "I'MMM SUCHAAA HUGEEE COBRA STARSHPPP FANNN11!11! I SAW DA CITY IZ @ WAR VID ON MTV LUZSLUZSLUZS11!11"

But to me, I don't think many bands last very long on MTV. It's always the mainstream pop/rap/r n' b stuff that tends to last. It'd just be like the next new artist of the week is the new "in" & the last one is so "out." But I do think MTV would continue to air the future Cobra Starship music vids & that'd create more popularity for them, which is great.

: D

heartache in stereo

xoxSprinklesxox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:44 pm
I also agree that it's great that they are on MTV. A band needs to get more in the industry to last... but fans is a great chunk of that too. "teenies" are not the problem... they can really do whatever they want, say this and that... but It can affect the band because of the fan-base... I believe that the Cobra fan base it pretty big. But most of them are Fall Out Boy fans.. so why not have a huge other group of fans that will get into Cobra for their music. So I honestly love that they are on MTV.

I do think this will give them a lot of exposure.. but then it will die later. I think Cobra won't last that long on MTV .. but that's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:26 pm
I don't consider teenies as people who hop on a bandwagon because a band jumped into a spotlight.

A teenie is a teenie when they are like "OMG! Gabe Saporta is so sezy! I dun like there music but Gabe is all like totally HAWT!" neutral but then again, there's another way to describe that type of person; she's not a true fan. (And I say she because I believe a female is more likely to have erotic fantasies about that sort of thing. .__.)

I think MTV is a really big step for them, and they've taken the new hype pretty well. They accept the new fans and remain loyal to the old. And hey, it's pretty much the fault of the first few fans that a band gets on a record label, and then on MTV, and then get heard around the world.

So what if the exposure dies? More Cobra for the loyal fans, then. : D

I personally hope they don't stay on MTV. Because I think MTV is a load of crap. neutral But that's just me.  

PatrickStumpKoala
Crew

Reaching Nirvana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:13 pm
I tend to ignore "teenies" and anyone like them. But I love how they've gotten big enough to be on MTV without the viewer's votes for them to be. About a month ago if I asked a random person at school if they liked Cobra Starship they would've gone "Who?". I love how by being exposed on such a big channel, creates a wider fan base, not just Fall Out Boy fans.

Honestly, I'm not sure if they'll last on MTV. MTV is all, what's now not then. They're like the latest Fashion Trend. Nothing stays. But sometimes comes back. Ya know?

-Koko  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:18 pm
I'm gonna post this here cuz I know the link will change later...
But Gabe was featured on Rock The Deuce on MTV2
http://www.mtv2.com/#series/23644  

xoxSprinklesxox
Crew

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:06 pm
xoxSprinklesxox
I'm gonna post this here cuz I know the link will change later...
But Gabe was featured on Rock The Deuce on MTV2
http://www.mtv2.com/#series/23644
I can't watch it sad It keeps crashing..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:14 pm
i hate the fact they're on mtv.
i want them to be successful and all...
but it's frusterating to see them begin to turn into the next FOB sensation.

"omgggg! theyr TTLY muh Fav BANd 4evaa ZOMG! ASDFJKL!!1111!!!"

;[

hrrrumph.

F i n a l e

F i n a l e

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:18 pm
gah. i agree.
like I have this COBRA shirt, that's black & colorful...
and I have people coming up to me like
"omg cute shirt. where you get dat?"
and i'm like....
"uh, their concert......"
"wait, dats a band!? whoooo?"
"cobra starship. no sh**"
"who's dat?"
*commits suicide*

i'm afraid for the day when all the preppy girls are going to be singing "The City Is At War" like "Lip Gloss, Bubbly, and Soulja Boy".......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:58 pm
I think it's great that they're getting more coverage, and hopefully more people will listen and realize how awesome they are. Still, a bunch of people that I know have no clue who Cobra STarship is.

I almost don't want them to be successful on MTV because then there would be a bunch of annoying teenagers running around saying how much they love Cobra Starship and what diehard fans they are when they've only heard a few songs. You know, the kind of people who only listen to singles and when you ask them, "Hey, have you heard [insert any non-single by CS]?," they have no idea which song you are talking about.

Nothing good ever lasts on MTV. I do think that they will get a bit more exposure though.  

xImportant_Muffinx

¡Viva La Cobra Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff