Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An abnormal love of cats
Introduce yourself and your kitties Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anlina
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:40 pm
Introduce yourself and your kitties here.

Tell us a bit about yourself and your cat companions.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:33 pm
My name is Anlina, and I love cats.

I live with one kitty and have four more who I grew up with and who live with my mum.

My very own kitty is Violet. She's just shy of a year old, and is a tiny, solid black shorthair that I got from the Humane Society. She has a delightful personality - she's well behaved, listens to me and is flexible when it comes to new situations. She's also got a short tail and a back foot with no toes - she was born that way and doesn't stop her from getting around just as well as any other cat. Her tail is just about the cutest thing ever.

The four cats at my mum's are all old kitties that I grew up with.

Tiger is 17 this year - he's a brown classic tabby who is extremely affectionate and extremely territorial when it comes to new cats. He loves being brushed, petted, cuddled and is a huge suck when it comes to the other cats in the house - he's very nice to them even though they tend to abuse him. But strange cats - he defends his territory and won't hesitate to fight. He's also a very talkative boy.

Macray is 16 this year. She's a beautiful longhaired grey cat with a white stripe down her chin and chest and white paws. She was always a pretty cranky cat, but has mellowed out with age and is now quite nice and affectionate, as long as you don't touch her sides or try to pick her up. She was missing for two years and then turned up at the Humane Society - she was horribly matted and frostbitten but otherwise okay, and was so glad to be picked up by her mum. Now she spends her days sleeping, sitting on the papers on the dining room table and following my mum around.

Bart is 14 this year and is our sickly boy. He's black with a white spot on his chest and has a very long, slim build. He's a very solitary cat and doesn't like other cats at all - he was the only kitten in his litter, so I don't think he was socialized properly with other cats when he was young. He loves people though, and will climb under the covers to sleep with you. He's had a lot of health problems and accidents - he was probably hit by a car and had his pelvis broken, he tore off a dewclaw, and has been sick with urinary tract issues recently. He's a fighter though, and seems to be doing better.

Lilian is the baby of the family and will be 12 this year. She's a blue-cream tortie and she's our fat baby (and on a diet right now.) She's a bully and pushes the other cats around, and knows how to manipulate people into thinking she's just a cute, innocent kitty. She's currently shaved, because she can't groom herself properly because of the weight, and is absolutely adorable with her fine coat of fuzz just growing in.

I've had several other cats in my life who are no longer with us, who I will post about later.  

Anlina
Captain

Moonblossom

Desirable Genius

15,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:29 am
Right now we've only got one girl, our Tribble, but she totally runs the household.

She loves cramming herself into tiny spaces, she comes when you call her name, she fetches, and she is a complete and total attention whore. She is by far the most interactive cat we've ever had, she's nearly always underfoot or pawing her way up into someone's lap or sitting on someone's shoulder.

I think she's actually a dog in a really good costume.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:33 pm
Hi I'm Despy and I'm addicted to cats.

Our family has always had at most 4 cats at a time - it's like our zen for cats. Right now we do, indeed, have 4.

This is going to be long, so I'm sorry XD

From youngest:

Slick: Is ~1 year old, and was my older brother's cat, but when he moved to Illinois he left his cat here. (We didn't really like that because we were days away from getting another cat, but eh.) He likes to climb onto your shoulder and lick your ear/eat your hair and is a general pain in the butt scream He frantically mews to go outside, then goes straight to the screen and scratches it until we let him back inside. D:

Tux (I call him Sir George Tuxington the 3rd, esquire): Tux is a kitten ho. He <3's everyone. And is very cuddley, like a stuffed animal, but he likes to gorge himself then throw-up. D: He was our neighbor's barn cat, up until 2 christmasses ago when they were out of town. A random stranger came up to our door and told us that he had seen Tux running up a busy highway. The stranger was nice enough to catch him, and tried to return him to our neighbors, but when they weren't home, we took him. (We were sad we never got his name.) So our neighbors come home, find out that the person they paid to take care of their cats never did, and so the 2 other barn cats got hit by cars. >:[ our neighbors suck, because they were like "Tux will be living with you, but will still be our cat!" but when they never paid the hospital bills for tux when he had surgery, we called them and basically said screw you. ^^ <-- Extra info ^^;;

Jack: He was the cat that I picked out, and he takes after me: he has heart problems and is scared of everything and is neurotic. Also he likes to pee on things. (I DON'T!) Even our kitchen table. But I <3 him anyway.

Morgan: The Queen, the Doyenne. Going on about 20 years old, she doesn't 'meow' but instead groans and goes 'meh!'. She is grumpy, and likes it when you scratch the side of her face. She also likes to sit on whatever you're doing, be it the newspaper, your laptop, or your knitting. She's a lump-a-grump.

XD there you go. too long.  

Despoena

Newbie Gaian

5,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Market Browser 100

clarion

Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:31 pm
Hello all biggrin FORTRESS OF TEXT ALERT! MAN THE CANNONS!

I have a cat on me right now. Lucky requires lap time, and with the laptop in the way he's on my chest/shoulder with his nose in my cheek.

We have two house cats who get to visit outside, two outside cats who get to visit inside, and three outside cats who don't like to come inside. The outside cats are collectively known as tinycats because they're about half the size of our other cats.

Lucky is the oldest at five. He was a rescue cat my dad brought home from somewhere around his office. His co-workers had been feeding the poor little thing pizza for about three days, so when we brought him in he had horrible gas XD. Lucky spent his first year at the barn, but decided life was much better in the house. He's yellow and white, and weighs about 16lbs. He is very squishy and loves belly rubs and to cuddle.

Stinky is probably related to Lucky, as he is also yellow and white and was also dumped near my dad's office. He's three, and when he came to us he was very sick and nearly starved. We had to stuff medicine into him and put goop on his eyes, so he went from a very affectionate kitty to a total snob for a year or so out of fear we'd medicate him again. He's over it now, but hates to have his belly rubbed and will bite if you do it anyway.

BB and Jack are sisters, two years old. They live at the barn. BB is gray tabby with long hair and Jack is gray tabby and white (very pretty), also long-haired. BB is very affectionate and visits us in the back yard, but Jack is more of a snob. They live with their younger brother Melvin (year old) who is black with a white chest-patch and toes, and also has long hair. Melvin is fond of beer.

James and Clark are the two barn cats who decided to invade the house, and are Melvin's littermates. James was originally named Janey, until he went to the vet to be spayed and they discovered he was actually a boy cat XD (his hair was so thick it was hard to tell...). James loves to be groomed and will roll over as you brush him. Clark is a biter and kind of a jerk. He attacks my feet in the middle of the night and doens't get along with Lucky and Stinky at all. James and Clark are both gray with dark faces and feet, but James is much darker than Clark--almost a charcoal color.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:00 am
Heehee, beer kitty!

Cats seem to love stuff that is bad for them. You cannot leave foil-wrapped chocolates within kitty reach or Violet gets into them. She unwraps them and eats them... why she likes chocolate, I have no idea. Suicidal kitty. xp  

Anlina
Captain

bp56

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:12 pm
Hi, I'm bp56 you can call me bp.
4 years 9months

I have three kitties that live with me currently.
They are as fallows:
Minnie=main name Mince Meat=so called official name given by my father.
Nick names Minball and Minnie the Mouser.
Minnie is 7 years and 2 months old. She is my long haired calico cat.
She was originally an outside cat that I tried bring into the house, but was told "no"... Till a few days later my mom opened the door and she walked in and dad said we could keep her.
We could tell she was abused by someone before we got her. She had a broken jaw and hurt hind legs. She used to be very afraid of male humans but she does not mind them any more. She has a hyper thyroid problem and a heart murmur. Hopefully we will be able to find the money to treat it.
She loves lying on my bed and my clothes, falling leaves, turkey, and being loved. She is one of the few things that keeps me sane.

Scamper.
Nick names Scampurr and Scampy.
Bird.
Nick name Birdy
They are 4 years and 9 month old twin black and white tuxedo cat sisters.
They are the daughters of two stray cats Ying-Yang and Mr.Grey.
They were originally going to be my eldest brothers cats but once he finished college and went to Seattle we had become to attached and would not give them up... plus we did not think they could make the trip cross country.
Their was a third Grey and white tuxedo cat but s/he went down an active gopher hole one day and we never saw him again. sad

Scamper loves chasing Minnie to try and gain power as the Alpha female even though Scamper is the smallest in physical size.
She also loves chasing her own tail.

Bird loves dive bombing my parents bed and sometimes my parents with beanie babies. Her favorite toy is my stuffed pepbridge(sp?) farm goldfish easter bunny plushie.

They all love playing with gimp.

And their favorite treats are Temptations cat treats.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:23 pm
I only have two right now, but they're more than a handful wink Both are solid black short-hairs, Pepper has yellow eyes and Timmy has green.

Pepper: She's the oldest, about six or seven, and a total diva. We first got her as a really stand-offish, irritable kitten who was scared of everyone and everything. She's mellowed out like crazy and now has to be in whatever room people are in most of the time, unless there's a crowd or young children, when she retreats to the safety of the bedroom.

She's not much of a lap-cat, but she loves to perch on chairs or couches right behind your head.However, If you're on the computer she HAS to be on your lap, and she's got a purr like an outboard motor. She cries and complains if you pick her up, but she loves attention and has the tiniest prissy 'mew' ever. It sounds more like she' saying 'Hmm?' all the time.

Timmy: Timmy is only about four, and he's a ridiculous little bundle of attitude and fur. He thinks he is Mr.BossMan, and has a tendency to pout when he doesn't get his way. He's also a total brain-dead moron, but we love him for that as well. Sometimes he gets 'ideas' about how things should work, or things that he should do, and this usually ends up with him trapped somewhere or something broken. He's a spoiled brat and manages to charm his way in to the hearts and on to the laps of everyone he meets.

We have a suspicion he's part Siamese, due to his long face, big ears and BIG meow. It's high pitched, but man, can that little guy talk! He also has a tendency to steal everything in sight, so we lose a lot of pens, pencils, erasers, dice, coins, bottle caps, etc...Every now and then he'll get mad at something and 'punish' us by destroying paper that's been left about. He's a total attention hog as well and loves to drape himself over as many people as possible and then fall asleep. Sometimes we carry him like a baby wink He hogs the bed all the time and steals the covers, but I still love waking up with him near me ^_^  

Avy

Araweniel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:19 am
Hihi! Nice to meet you all. I'm Araweniel and I, too, am addicted to kitties.

I have three kitties of my own, and my roomie has one so we are a four cat household. I'll try to get piccies scanned later but for now you will have to deal with me talking about them. 3nodding I apologize in advance about the rant I'm about to start, but I reallu love my kitties. heart

My youngest kitty is also my one and only girl baby. Periwinkle has bright orange and dark black spots on her white fur. heart She is very sassy, and my boy kitties spoil her because she's the little baby. Her hobbies include kneading her little feets in my hair while I'm sleeping, and curling up in kitty pile ups with my two boys. Oh! And surveying her realm from the top of our cat tree. blaugh

My other two boys are brothers. heart One is a handsome burmese named Alex. He is kind of a dark grey/beige color. He's a big scardie cat and a complete momma's boy. His hobbies include talking a lot, acting like an alarm clock, and snuggling on the bed. He also likes to chew on plastic, and he doesn't like cat treats.

The other of the two brothers is named... errm... "Little Black Baby". sweatdrop He is a black cat, and really not very little at all. We didn't want to name him, because we were going to give him away with the rest of Alex's siblings, but nobody wanted to adopt him. So much to my later happiness, we kept him. By then, however, the name stuck. He is the rascal of the household. He does things he knows he's not supposed to do, and then when I catch him he falls down on the floor and rolls onto his back. He looks at me with this face that says "OMG aren't I so cute?" His hobbies include raiding the trash can, trying to go outside, and needing a whole lot of attention. heart

And finally, my roomie has a cat I never see named Basil. He lives in her room because the presence of anyone but his mommy causes him to tremble in fear and run under the nearest large object he can hide under. She adopted him from a rescue center, and I have never seen a more terrified baby. sad I try going in there and spending time with him, but all he does is shake like a rabbit, so I just clean his litterbox and leave him to my roomie. She says he is really very sweet and affectionate. Ah well. I will carry on with my attempts at befriending him. I don't know what hobbies he has aside from hiding.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:53 am
Awww, it's so nice that all your babies get along. Introducing new cats to the family can be so iffy - even after 11+ years the cats at my mum's don't all get along very well.

I was working on socializing a really shy, scared kitty at the humane society (till someone came and adopted her.) I'd just sit in the room with her, not move around too much and talk to her till she stopped shaking, and then if she let me pick her up, I'd put her in my lap and comb/brush her, and let her go hide again if she got nervous. It was really slow, but we were starting to build some trust.

Tiger was so terrified of people when he was a kitten, I don't think he ever would have even come into our yard to eat if his sister hadn't been so bold (they were stray kittens). When we finally brought him in the house cause it was so cold we had to catch him in a live trap and then he didn't come out of the basement for at least two weeks - maybe closer to a month.  

Anlina
Captain

Tamamoto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:18 pm
Hello my fellow kitty lovers. My name is Ryoji and I am also addicted to kitties. This addiction of mine argueably started within my mother's womb before birth. I have three cats and three kittens. Each has a personality of their own so I'll have to explain a little bit about each of my little ones. Not a single one of them is the same and there's never a dull moment in my life. Each one of them has their own unique story that needs to be told. ;3

First we have the twins Mamoru and Endymion. Mamoru is a rather big tuxedo cat who is going on five years old. He's my tall, dark, and handsome warrior. He was a rescuee along with his twin brother Endymion from a house with an abusive owner. My mother (who bless her is a vet) received these two with open arms. While Endymion survived the ordeal with only a broken leg, Mamoru was much worser for the wear. The previous abusive owner's dog had gotten to him (he was only four weeks old at the time) and had punctured his neck open pretty badly. It was infested with all sorts of things I wont talk about here and we were pretty sure he was going to die. My mom did all she could for him and surprisingly he recovered. I fell in love with them in an instant and my mom let me bring the twins home when they were well enough. I couldn't help naming them Endymion and Mamoru because they just resembled him so much! (It is an old Sailor Moon character reference.)

Mamoru is primarily black with white tuxedo markings and Endymion is primarily white with black tuxedo markings. His hair is a little longer than Mamoru's (which is a domestic short hair) and he has a white tip and three white socks. His left, front paw is sockless. I bet that gets cold sometimes! He is much more playful than his brother and he teases him all of the time for I think the sake of mischeif alone. He can be defiant at times when told to do something and that only makes my Endymion all the more charming.

Next is my baby girl Aoi. She is a Bluepoint Siamese and she will be three years old in May. Her momma kitty threw her out of the litter and wouldn't take care of her any more so she was brought to the vet to be 'gotten rid of'. My mom couldn't find anything wrong with her and brought her home to me so I could bottle feed her (and staying up all hours of the day and night is hard.) Mamoru took an instant liking to her and Endymion tortured her endlessly (in a playful sort of way). It was a bit hard but I raised her and she turned out just fine. She's a really sweet baby girl and you can't help but want to love and cuddle on her all the time.

My first kitten is a hell in a handbasket and I love every second of it. His name is Rowan and he's a six month old Chartreux. He doesn't meow but kind of chirps at me all the time and he has to follow me everywhere I go. I can play fetch with him (because he loves it) and he'll come from miles away at the rustle of the cat treats container. I got him from browsing the local pet shop. I couldn't say no to his silly grinning face!

My second kitten is named Yuki. She's four months old and is a completely white Turkish Angora. I rescued Yuki from the local park when she was a wandering baby. She is very sweet, loveable, and playful. I don't think she ever settles down and sleeps and you just can't say no to those baby blue eyes of hers. She is definetly the one who knows she can manipulate daddy for anything she could possibly need or what. Yuki has me wrapped so far around her little finger. >_>;

And last but certaintly never the least loved is Kurogin. He is two and a half month old pure blooded Egyptian Mao that my father brought back from Egypt with him as an early birthday present. I have always been fascinated with with their markings and my dad said I should have a sixth cat because five isn't a very good number. He is kind of shy and quiet but very vocal when it comes to wanting his attenton. I couldn't help but name him Kurogin which in English means BlackSilver. BlackSilver didn't sound so good as Kurogin.

And those are my babies and their stories! They all sleep cuddle up with me when I go to bed and my ex-boyfriend said I was going to grow up to be a crazy old cat guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 pm
I think it took Bird a week or so to capture her and 3 months to capture Scamper.
Though we had her in the garage for most of those 3 months.
Back than we thought Scamper was a he.
It was not till Bird first went into heat and we went to get Scamper fixed that anyone knew she was a she. Even the vets thought she was a he till than. lol
I just wish we could have caught the grey and white kitten too. crying  

bp56

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

LittleIndsay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:37 pm
Well I did have a cat, but he died last year from old age. I'll still talk about him though because not even our new rabbit replaces my kitty. smile Well we found him as a stray around when I was very little at our front door with one of his siblings; since he was a stray and strays always gave birth and wondered in out front yard. When we opened the door he just came up to us and me and my brother grew very attached and my mom couldn't say no. So I basically grew up with him and me and him were insepretable and when I was home we were always together. He was a sweet cat, he never bit or scratched anyone and he knew when you just needed him to cuddle. Like if you were in a down mood he'd come running over to rub against you and let you pet him and talk to him.

Ummm and to make this long story shorter; I was the only one he'd sit in the lap of or let pick up, which shows how close we were. When he died, I was in fact sad, but he lived a very long and good life, I believe he lived longer then most stray cats have and I was very pleased about that, but now he's in a better place and I'd get a new cat but they wouldn't replace fluffy(his name) nor would I be allowed one right now since our rabbit and my moms allergic reactions to cats sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:31 pm
Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your Fluffy, Indsay. Losing a cat s so hard - it's losing a member of your family. You can't replace a lost cat; getting a new one is just opening your home and heart to a new family member.  

Anlina
Captain

CourtneyorAuroara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:55 am
My kittens name is Bella. She likes to bite and scratch. She knows she's not supposed to. She likes to attack your feet when you are walking and she switches back and forth between feet. I got her from my grandmother's farm. I thought that since she was the runt and the quietest she would be a piece of cake. WRONG! I believe she is part Maine Coon, which is a specific breed of cat. Bella likes water and she sits in the shower with me or climbs all over the edge of the bath tub when I am bathing. Sometimes, she falls in and just sits there like she knows she should be afraid of water, but it's kind of cool anyway. She doesn't like to be alone and gets upset with me when I go away for business. She has recently learned to jump on the kitchen counter and this is a big no-no. She is about 9 months old. She meows like she is talking to me.  
An abnormal love of cats

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff