Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
Chrismahanakwanzika Contest (ATG Event) -- WINNER ANNOUNCED Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which entry do you vote for?
Entry 01
21%
 21%  [ 15 ]
Entry 02
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
Entry 03
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Entry 04
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Entry 05
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
Entry 06
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Entry 07
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
Entry 08
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 69

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:01 pm
User Image

Okay, folks, this is our one big contest. The objective is to "capture the essence of the season" in whatever way you can.
You can draw a picture or take a picture. Write a story or sing a song. TekTek an avatar or dress up your Gaia home or profile. Whatever you want, it just has to be done by you and represent the season in some way!

Once you have an entry set, just PM your entry to me. When the contest ends, I'll put up all your entries and a poll for voting. Due to Gaia poll limitations, only 10 entries are allowed total. One entry per participant.
Winner gets 75K. People who vote and post letting us know with maroon writing will receive 2K.

Please keep entries appropriate! The last day for submissions is January 4th. Voting will end on the 16th (10 days long). Voting has ended!

Results
Which entry do you vote for?
Entry 01 21% [ 15 ]
Entry 02 11% [ 8 ]
Entry 03 4% [ 3 ]
Entry 04 13% [ 9 ]
Entry 05 24% [ 17 ]
Entry 06 1% [ 1 ]
Entry 07 17% [ 12 ]
Entry 08 5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 69

Entry 05, Jaft, is the winner!

Feel free to ask any questions about this event!

Will entries be kept anonymous?
Anonymity is up to you. How you enter and whether you put your name on it or not is up to you. I will not be placing usernames by people's entries.

If I submit a story, is there a word limit?
At this point, no. But remember that your fellow members are less likely to read longer entries when it comes to voting time than they are to read shorter ones.

Is there a size limitation on pictures?
Nope! I'll be making thumbnails that link to full-sized images when the entries go up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:02 pm
Entry 01:
User Image
----- "You mentioned decked out homes.
Would my mysterious holiday home be a good submission.
Its got mistletoe above the door, holiday treats on the table and even gifts beneath an iron 'tree' with candles."

Entry 02:
User Image

Entry 03:
User Image
----- "A Simple Yule Tree:
How simple a tree can be, no matter if it be real or fake. A symbol of the spirit we wish to invite into our homes. The lights that glow within the branches no different than the lights upon the Menorah or Kwanzaa candle. Each burns with love for our family, friends and world and the hope for a better year to come.
Happy Holidays Everyone!"

Entry 04:
User Image
----- "The title is: Goodwill to All Creatures Great and Small"

Entry 05:
User Image
----- "Santa is no longer merry. His heartwarming laugh is now stained with sarcasm and spite. He has given up on the spirit of Christmas.
The naughty children of the world have finally destroyed Santa’s will to make people happy. Their acts of selfishness and material greed have manifested themselves into malevolent spirits that have stalked Santa to every corner of the globe. Even now, they continue to warp and twist his mind with malicious, vile whispers, turning him into a hollow shell of burning hatred for all of mankind.
Everyone on his list is naughty, and no one will be spared. He’s equipped himself with a candy cane colored crowbar to break into everyone's houses and crush their presents. He's also armed to the teeth with coal blacker than his unforgiving heart. Acts of kindness do not matter, for he believes that ultimately, people only do them for rewards. With his spirit of goodwill crushed, nothing but sadness follows his wake.
This Christmas... will be very coaled."

Entry 06:
User Image

Entry 07:
"A Skratty Christmas"
----- "Okay! As I said, I would write a song. Well, I tried to compose it as fast as I possibly good, and since I'm sure no one wants to hear me sing then I didn't make lyrics.
Anyway, if you listen to it, enjoy. There's a buncha wrong notes and I is off tempo at some places. Eh, I give myself an E for Effort. =3"

Entry 08:
.m4a download link
----- "Chrismahanakwanzika - what is it?"

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:11 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:13 pm
    Woo~~~~

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:14 pm
I'm going to make a smexy Wintervatar for this contest.

Ho ho ho.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 pm
Jaft
I'm going to make a smexy Wintervatar for this contest.

Ho ho ho.

Please do~

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:27 pm
I'm gonna try the avatar one as well. I fail at profile coding (or even know how to begin with it 8D).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'll join and dive into a realm that I have not really explored, for this contest ^w^ I'll do. . . Photography! Now. . . where to find a live dinosaur. . . User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Reiku Alche

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:27 pm
ReikuGotH
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'll join and dive into a realm that I have not really explored, for this contest ^w^ I'll do. . . Photography! Now. . . where to find a live dinosaur. . . User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

eek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:42 pm
wakusei
ReikuGotH

eek
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
What. . .? . . . I just wanted to hug it >.> User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Reiku Alche

Pnytenshi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:19 pm
do we have to make a song or we sing a song that's already been done that we think has captured the meaning of the season??  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:59 am
Pnytenshi
do we have to make a song or we sing a song that's already been done that we think has captured the meaning of the season??

Either one so long as you're singing it... 3nodding

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:52 pm
Interesting...I might decorate my house...I've been thinking of doing that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:42 pm
Time to start brainstorming.  

Indigo Project

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:13 pm
I investigated the Christmasy house and turns out that I don't have much to work with. sweatdrop  
The Vault

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff