Reply Everything Death Note
Suspended for a "Death Note" book...? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hunk chick lumpy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:01 pm
I'm sorry if there is already a discussion about this somewhere in the guild but....

http://www.dannychoo.com/fauna_detail/eng/856/The+Real+Death+Note/

Dang...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 am
I had actually heard he was expelled, but iunno. Now I have to really hide my death note when I bring it.

I watched the newscast on the internet and basically said the fandom's finally gone to hell.
But its gonna get controversy like that, no doubt about it.

I don't get it though. I mean, Death Note is the same thing as shows like Magnum PI or Matlock. Or CSI or Criminal Minds. And you don't see kids getting suspended for doin' stuff with those shows, do you?

`McLaren

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:49 am
Do they not understand that it is a show made for entertainment and nothing else? Dx!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:21 am
I carry it all the time, yet I never get in trouble....  

Elisabell-angel enraged

Piffle Inna Box

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:28 am
Well that was stupid of him.

Those who are unfamiliar with Death note WILL mistake a notebook containing a list of names, labelled 'Death Note', for a hit list and so it will be treated as one.

So him writing his classmates names down on it and then taking it into school where teachers can find out about it was just stupid.

So I'm not surprised he got suspended, heck I wouldn't be surprised if he got expelled.

On a lighter note...

User Image

LOLWHUT? xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:56 am
xd

I have mine in my locker right now but I don't pull it out in the middle of class and write names in it. lol.  

hunk chick lumpy

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:18 am
Geez... I never thought I'd see the day where the world would go mad...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:10 pm
Misuki Marishima
Geez... I never thought I'd see the day where the world would go mad...
lolz seriously. It's just expressing fandom. I can understand them freaking out about it though because they don't understand so. Did the student actually think something would happen....? o.O  

hunk chick lumpy

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:30 pm
Piffle Inna Box
Well that was stupid of him.

Those who are unfamiliar with Death note WILL mistake a notebook containing a list of names, labelled 'Death Note', for a hit list and so it will be treated as one.

So him writing his classmates names down on it and then taking it into school where teachers can find out about it was just stupid.

So I'm not surprised he got suspended, heck I wouldn't be surprised if he got expelled.

On a lighter note...

User Image

LOLWHUT? xd

xD
Like I've said in the past some people just can't take it as a fictional piece of entertainment. Wether it be the fans who take it too seriously or those who just jump to conclusions on a synopsis. @.@
To be honest, I wish I had purchased the Death Note when I was still going to high school and use it for study notes. And when I pulled it out, I would like to see the reactions of students or teachers. It would've been worth being sent up to the office only for them to see it was used for school work. xD!!
I think most people... let me rephrase that, most people who have bought a Death Note Notebook use it simply as a cosplay/fan merchandise thing. ANd plenty have actually used it for studies! It's amusing really. :3

Personally, most of it makes me laugh. xD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:31 pm
So, the kid's actually dumb enough to write down some names. He's probably got the common sense to know it's not going to do anything. It's just a dumb way to get a laugh.
If he actually is keeping a hit list in his Death Note, it's his own fault for being so conspicuous about it...it's bad publicity for the series. But it's not really any different from him keeping a hit-list anywhere else.

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

surgexmonkey
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:39 pm
Not sure who's stupider, the kid for taking it, or the teachers for making such a huge deal.
I've got a Death Note, and I've written a couple names in it. (Honestly though, I really wouldn't want them to die, especially not NB... >> They just piss me off/embarrass me.) I wouldn't take it to school though =o=  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:41 pm
I can't believe the teachers actually believed that a notebook was able to kill people! I know the name scares and everything, buts its kinda stupid. Just as `McLaren said.... why don't they worry about people who do stuff like in the shows of CSI or any other!!  

Yuki Lawliet

Nillava

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:20 pm
well i see why hes suspended, since what he did can be considered a hit list. sometimes people need more common sense  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:34 am
Death Note fandom has gone to hell in a hand basket.  

Amagi Natsume

iFaith-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:57 pm
I think the reason he was suspended is because the teacher or whoever may have thought it was a hit list. Meaning it was a list of people the kid was going to kill/beat up with other means. I've seen stuff on the news often where I live. A kid had a notebook or paper with a bunch of names on it they wanna cause harm and with how unstable some kids can be, they might cause harm to those listed names. Teachers aren't taking stuff like this lightly anymore with all the school shootings like in Colorado. I don't blame them for suspending the kid. I love Death Note as much as the next person but its silly to write a list of names in a note book titled Death Note then take it to school and not expect something to happen.  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff