Israeli Initiative... a better way

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:02 am
I can no longer hold back my utter disgust and angst for the whole land for peace deal between the apostate Olmert and the 'palestinians'. All that giving land and the creation of a 'palestinian' state will do is cause more blood shed for the entire region. Frankly there is no need for a 'palestinian' state because there is no such thing as 'palestine', there is no language of 'palestinan'. In fact there isn't even the letter 'P' in Arabic! But enough on that rant, here is a better idea that is backed by former and hopefully future Israeli PM Binyamin Netanyahu.
Formulated by Knesset Member Rabbi Benny Elon (National Religious Party), the "Israeli Initiative" calls for Israel to immediately annex all of Judea and Samaria, while working together with Jordan to grant Jordanian citizenship to all of the Arabs living there. Large Arab population centers would conduct civil affairs with a degree of autonomy, while exercising their national expression through Jordan, which is already a 'palestinian'-majority country. For those who need a history lesson the PLO leader Yassir Arafat tried to make 'palestine' in Jordan until King Hussien called for his death and he escaped to Israel wearing a womans dress!

With the Israeli Initiative, the 'palestinian' Authority would be dismantled, as would the so-called 'palestinian' "refugee camps."

Here are the details of the Initiative: http://www.israelinitiative.com/PersonalMessage.aspx

Unlike the U.S. Israel's power is with-in the Knesset and any plan must be decided and voted on by them. The Israeli Initiative is gaining momentum in the Knesset and I pray it is sucessful  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:22 am
Nice idea, but I'm really not sure if it will work. First of all, Olmert is not an apostate. Making the wrong decisions, perhaps, but not an apostate. Land for peace has been an accepted method for nearly 2 decades, and it's really only shown how impractical it is recently... because it's the first time land has actually been given to see what would happen. I don't blame them for holding out the hope of the solution Yitzhak Rabin sought.

Secondly, there's the need for A LOT of cooperation from Jordan. The question is whether Israel will get it. Jordan has a history of just passing the buck when it comes to the Palestinian problem. As for the refugees, other Arab countries have consistently refused to take them in. There's a strong sense of "not in my backyard" when it comes to them.

Thirdly, Benyamin Netanyahu... he's very much a hawk and has spoken in favor of what is known as "Greater Israel", or restoring David's kingdom, a completely impractical idea. Moderate Israelis don't trust him, and his backing may cause a problem- or it may not. In Israeli politics, the more violence there is, the more hawkish the Israeli public gets.

Right now, I just don't know if there's a solution. I lived in Israel for a couple years, just before the beginning of the 1998? 99? intifada. I was able to drive past Jericho with my family to get to my uncle's in northern Israel, from Jerusalem. Gaza wasn't safe, it never was... but the West Bank was safe enough to drive through... Even though we still couldn't go to Hebron.

The hills of Judea are beautiful at night.  

RoseRose

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:16 am
God willing, famusamu, that is what will happen. And Jordan will get a backbone, whether it's from a positive or a negative incentive.

Many like to keep the Roman name "Palestine" as they think it connects the Arabs to the Philistines...making it "their original land."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:06 am
wtf
אין פה אף אחד שמדבר עברית?!  

STAV_XD

American Lad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:47 pm
The Palestinians are actually Philistines where as the arabs are the iraq, iran people etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:07 am
STAV_XD
wtf
אין פה אף אחד שמדבר עברית?!

I speak a little (but I'm at a school comp where I don't know how to get the Hebrew text. (I also understand FAR more than I speak)  

RoseRose

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff