Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:39 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:47 pm
yea its kinda wierd in a way....three major religions DO have ties with Judaims 2 of them were mentioned in the quote by the medieval scholar in your post but another that has ties to them is well oddly enough Buddhism because they believe that Buddha that fat happy dude taught Jesus all he knew and He used it to manipulate people to praise Him and follow Him but if you look at His teachings this can't be so Jesus was quite humble and taught the people to follow his example but the Buddhist do similar but what I think is that Buddha only sought enilghtenment and not realy the Tuth so he got close but he never sought God so God didn't show Himself to him thus the Buddhist have an 'ideal' of what is right but not quite....sorry for rambling dudes ^.^  

Cradoc

murder13dolls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:28 pm
yes people have pretty strong views on those who aren't like them. see if i say "i'm jewish" everyone's like "oh... **pause** well" but if i say "i odn't believe jesus is the messiah" "what?!" lol i appreciate the christians and others that accept other views, because it's hard to find. i mean i ahve friends who eveyr one they meet they try to convert to christianity. they jsut are so close minded. so i love to see those who are interested in other religions' beliefs

>frances  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:32 pm
Cradoc
... Jesus was quite humble and taught the people to follow his example, but the Buddhist do similar but what I think is that Buddha only sought enlightenment and not really the Truth so he got close but he never sought God, so God didn't show Himself to him, thus the Buddhist have an 'ideal' of what is right but not quite....sorry for rambling dudes ^.^

That's valid -- a person who does want to be better than barely human can follow a lot of God's laws but not know him. God says he put the laws in our hearts, so even those who have not heard of Judaism or Christianity still have an idea of right and wrong.  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers