Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
The cartoons weren't very good. (Spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Best User Ever

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:39 pm
I just watched 39 and the first part of 38, there are a LOT of differences.

-Felldoh was supposed to die smiling, with several scores of dead vermin around him, But there were none.

-Also, Felldoh was supposed to use javlens, but he used a sword.

-no blood

-Rose died when Badrag was taken off guard and slit her stomach/chest/throat

-Martin's sword goes RIGHT THROUGH Badrag, and when he pulls it out, there's no blood.

-Also, the fighters don't seem very enthusiastic (Battering ram)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:17 pm
on the redwall movie, shrews had big hats and other things, they look like hillbillies.plus, they should have multi colored headbands. When the redwall mice came out and fought, i thought, *huh? since when did redwall mice have chainmail, swords, and bows and arrows?  

Shad0wSaint

Pirateotter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:21 pm
I think the whole movie should be scrapped and re done. It just isnt true to the book. Its almost as bad as eragon.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:24 pm
Hmmm...I haven't seen the movies yet. I thought they were a TV series in the U.S. that I didn't see. The cartoon drawing I saw were good, but I guess if what you say is true, I'll have to see for myself.
(There's might be a reason for why is wasn't bloody. I don't know, but maybe it was some sort of kids show in another area, I guess.)  

XisTiger

Ashley Erin
Vice Captain

7,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:30 pm
Actually, I found the TV series (Redwall, anyway) surprsingly very much like the book. The voices were a little hokey, but it followed the book event by event pretty well.

Also, I am not at all surprised by the lack of violence, as in the United States (or at least in my area) tthe show was played on PBS... following a cutesy show about a Siamese cat and proceeding Arthur. Really.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:26 am
I've never seen the movie or tv show, but have seen them for sale in a local book store. I might buy one just to see how it is.  

Kal Kent_853

XisTiger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:58 pm
I just saw part of the movie of YouTube and thought...In the book didn't they ask Cluny to remove the poison tip of his tail and tie it around his waist? Plus, Didn't the Abbot and the Elders do some review on Cluny before he came to Redwall?
Correct me if I'm wrong. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:02 am
sure... they might not be exactly like the books... but I enjoyed the Martin the Warrior series actually... Haha, I cried when rose died... sniff sniff...  

HylianLegacy

Kal Kent_853

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:53 am
My local library had a Redwall dvd so I borrowed it. I enjoyed it alot.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:14 pm
I think it's clear the TV show was made for an age group considerably younger than the books were meant for. If I hadn't read the books first, I would have thought it was one of the weirdest concepts for a story. Maybe it's a good thing I read the books first.

NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS MOVIE!!!

Or TV show, for that matter. heart  

Celestiara

Flycatcher Ambrose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 pm
I agree. What I watched & read were different. It was fun seeing the characters move around though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:33 pm
I knew a little bit that there was a cartoon, but I never watched it because I knew they would mess it up. The graphic novel of Redwall is pretty good though...  

bluelily3

Friendly Bibliophile

8,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200

Apple -n- Cinnamon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:55 pm
Movie? There's a movie?

... ... ...I thought the cartoon was great, so there!
*pokes dead thread*  
Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff