Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
Time For Voices To Be Heard Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's quiet... Too quiet.
True.
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
False.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Africa.
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:13 pm
Announcement located here.

Due to the recent events and spurred on by a members goodbye post it, I believe it is well past time for the Mods to recount what the members of this guild want.

We all have an idea of what this guild was going to be, memories of what this guild was to us and thoughts of where we would like this guild to be in the future.

Now it is time to lay those ideas on the line. We Mods have been trying to do what we can to keep this guild a safe and fun place to talk freely with people of like minds. However things have changed, as things are bound to with time. Have they changed in a way you find you are happy with? Or have they changed in a way you are very upset with?

Mods can't think of everything. We are but a 21 people to watch over 19177! As members we need your help to keep things running smoothly, but we also need your opinions about how things should run. And so now lets hear your voice. I don't care if you have never posted, if you just lurk in the shadows to post occasionally or if you post regularly- talk.

Suggestions/Points Made Thus Far:
~Remove the RP/Game Subform and move topics back to the main forum
~In-Depth Discussion Topics/Subform (recent events, debates, etc)
~More Contests

~Add More/Rework the Mod List For More Coverage
~Remove More Stickies!
~Mod Nomination Process (by Members)
~New Member Screening Process (in the works)
~Spam Subform
~Find Ways for Members to Help with the Clean Up & Maintenance

Closed Polls
Would you like to have an In Depth Discussion sub-forum for debates and serious themed threads?
Yes. 72% [ 18 ]
No. 12% [ 3 ]
Indifferent / I don't care. 16% [ 4 ]
Total votes: 25

How would you like the In Depth Discussion sub-forum to be created?
Make an entirely new sub-forum for it.
67% [ 19 ]
Replace the Guild Marketplace with the IDD sub-forum.
32% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:18 pm

destroy the sub forum. Let all the posts linger in one melting pot. Turn the Games and RPs back to their home in the heartland of the ATG. The last half of the main page is stagnet with old non posted in threads. The games like "Say something about the avatar above you" are ice breakers for people, more so then the phunkin thread. A guild like this needs the ice breakers, and no one looks at the stickies.

And make me a mod, that will make the people of the ATG active!

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:20 pm
Can we please have some more meaningful topics to discuss along with the more chatty type threads? I like meaningful discussion on current hot button topics. Debate is healthy, it opens the mind. I miss those great discussion topics! Maybe put a sub forum in for such serious themed discussions?

More creative contests perhaps? Those are fun too! And they do not need a big prize or anything, just make it interesting.

Those are my thoughts. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:23 pm
I guess the only thing i could say is to maybe add a few more mods to maake up for the ones who aren't here all the time and to make it easier on the mods that are already there.

(personal thoughts)
Maybe its just my background that sais this but I seek a purpose of being here. I often question why i'm here and the ATG did give me some things i'm happy about and I just feel I should give back.  

Red Glacier

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:24 pm
In my honest opinion, we need a mod redo. I mean, its actually less than 21 mods, seeing as few are ever active. But, thats all I'm saying on that.

I do agree with Sav, though. On two points. Having some of the games out into the main forum might encourage people to actually interact more. Hardly anybody reads stickies anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:25 pm
Saverio C.

destroy the sub forum.
Let all the posts linger in one melting pot. Turn the Games and RPs back to their home in the heartland of the ATG. The last half of the main page is stagnet with old non posted in threads. The games like "Say something about the avatar above you" are ice breakers for people, more so then the phunkin thread. A guild like this needs the ice breakers, and no one looks at the stickies.

Hear hear! I most heartily agree with this statement.  

Paul Kattner

5,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:29 pm
Mm..seems like a mite too much chaos for the main forum. Sub forums are only a few, so it isn't so bad. I rather hope you'll keep them, for sanity's sake!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:31 pm
Thaliat Everwood
Can we please have some more meaningful topics to discuss along with the more chatty type threads? I like meaningful discussion on current hot button topics. Debate is healthy, it opens the mind. I miss those great discussion topics! Maybe put a sub forum in for such serious themed discussions?
We could call it "In-Depth Discussion" and not let it be put on the chopping block...

Honestly, they gave us a chance to save it, but we were to damned stupid to pay attention...

-Tsuji  

124-C

pixyseshy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:31 pm
Try to round the smaller topics into a few larger ones because of their simlarities.

With the Sub-Forums, as Save said, it may be more useful to be rid of them and keep the more communal games so to keep interactions amongst fellow members.

To me, seeing tensions among members I've seen around for a while and come back to see them quite different is saddening. Keep the love around.

Fun discussions, deep discussions, random discussions; it does not matter to me as long as it's enough to be kept alive for a while.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:33 pm
Viral C
I guess the only thing i could say is to maybe add a few more mods to maake up for the ones who aren't here all the time and to make it easier on the mods that are already there.

(personal thoughts)
Maybe its just my background that sais this but I seek a purpose of being here. I often question why i'm here and the ATG did give me some things i'm happy about and I just feel I should give back.

About your personal thoughts:
Well...your purpose should be to have fun.
Yeah...I know that sounds wild, regarding the current situation, but it wasn't always like that.
We do try to bring the good old days back, though...hence this thread.
The tricky part about that is...that it's tricky...that's why we want your opinions.  

Serious Erius
Crew

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:34 pm
I've been saying for months that we need to deal with the issue of inactive moderators, but I would like to suggest a couple of ideas:

1) An application process. People who think they would make good mods could send in an application for the current mods to review and consider.

2) A nomination process. I remember sending PMs suggesting that Sanzo be made a mod, and see no reason why this could not be made into more of a formal process. This could bring members to the attention of the mods in a positive way.

Okay, so both of those still have the major flaw of currently inactive mods needing to make decisions, but it's a start.

You will be hearing more from me on other subjects later.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:35 pm
Tsujigiri-san
Thaliat Everwood
We could call it "In-Depth Discussion" and not let it be put on the chopping block...

Honestly, they gave us a chance to save it, but we were to damned stupid to pay attention...

-Tsuji

I remember when we first made the IDD Subform, because moving the spam and games would have made the place look dead or those who looked for those things wouldn't be as likely to look in Subforms than people who wanted real discussions...than it all died out and was replaced by the RP/Game Subform.

Moral of the story...Subforms die.

If we are going to make a subform...make a Spam form and we can throw all the CB's BS in there than delete it as it dies out.

LadiSilverfox

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:38 pm
Erius
Viral C

(personal thoughts)

About your personal thoughts:
Well...your purpose should be to have fun.
Yeah...I know that sounds wild, regarding the current situation, but it wasn't always like that.
We do try to bring the good old days back, though...hence this thread.
The tricky part about that is...that it's tricky...that's why we want your opinions.
Well would it be so bad to have a little help with the thread cleaning and decision making?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:39 pm
That would work too!  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:39 pm
LadiSilverfox
Tsujigiri-san
Thaliat Everwood

-Tsuji

I remember when we first made the IDD Subform, because moving the spam and games would have made the place look dead or those who looked for those things wouldn't be as likely to look in Subforms than people who wanted real discussions...than it all died out and was replaced by the RP/Game Subform.

Moral of the story...Subforms die.

If we are going to make a subform...make a Spam form and we can throw all the CB's BS in there than delete it as it dies out.

How bout you bring back the IDD, it was a great place, the sub-forum was perfect for it. It was slow so you could find what you were looking for whenever you wanted. It was a sub-forum so the people who are retarded stayed out, and it was active for a serious debate form. It's where made a name for myself.

The Vault

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff