has anyone been royalty here?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:27 pm
So I am slightly panicy here.
My friend asked me if I would be his inspertaion in the next coronet tournoment for Avacal. I agreed but didn't really think anything of it. I have been inspertaion in tournoments before.

Yet the closer it gets to the event the more I am finding out he has a good chance of winning.He did recently bring it up that yes he was going to be actually trying to win and wants to get the title of prince soon.
I am honered that he would actually ask me to be his inspertation now that I know he plans on makeing me a princess.
It also kinda worries me, I know I could do a decent job of it. Its not extremely hard to be a princess.. and I would be able to have a Vicountess(of 4 times) right there to help me. I am also a little releaved that its probably not going to happen this next tournoment.. as a pretty talented knight is after the title this round as well.
I am just afraid of screwing up somehow...or be the one no one likes(kinda like the current couple of airheads on the throne...) I have never held office before and am pretty nervous. I am probably going to look like a deer in headlights if he wins.

Anyone else here held significant office who could offer a bit of advice on how to calm down about this.
To me getting a crown damn sacry.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:32 am
I've been hit by royalty a lot dose that count?

Is Ulfgar the prince still?  

Felix OFlyn

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:50 am
While I haven't been royalty, I don't think you'll have any problems with it. You'll be fine.

Breathe.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:08 pm
i am an aprentice for princess asney  

hellogoodbyetoday

1,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Regular Polyhedra

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:20 pm
Inspiration.

Breathe. You'll do fine. When in doubt, ask. Srsly.
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:20 am
im a drama queen, does that count?  

cackleback

hellogoodbyetoday

1,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:34 am
yeah dont worry you have a lot of people helping you. you just have to travel alot  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:55 pm
I had my hopes up for telling about my good friend Duke Edmund. ... Anyway, I'm sure that what all first time royalty goes though. The main thing I'd worry about in your shoes, is your finances, if your good on that Good Luck, if you hold the throne.  

gyyrad

Jeering Codger

ZellyKitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:40 pm
Talk with a Countess or Duchess they are very sweet. and i am sure they can help you with anything. I do wish you the best if you do sit the throne.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:27 pm
That's a really good sign. When my lord was doing the finals he kept coming over to me and asking- "Are you sure?"
I've seen several couples get divorced after being on the throne. It's probably good that you aren't a romantic couple.
You'll be fine if you just remember that being on the throne is a job. (although it doesn't pay- it cost us about $5K twenty five years ago- I understand it's now about $15-20K).
But the thing is, the crown was invented to serve the kingdom- to provide ceremony and to give awards.
If you are willing to do good court (speak loudly enough for people to hear at the back), dress well, give other people a chance to shine, and do your best to play the role of a Princess, that's what people want of you.
Generally.
Different areas have slight variations in expectations.
What do YOU think makes a good princess?  

Tchipakkan

10,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items