Reply Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians
Yom Kippur

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grani4fam1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:25 pm
This is my second Yom Kippur, and I'm excited. The LORD helped me and my family through the fast last year, and it was a wonderful day with Him. Have a blessed, quiet and introspective day.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:49 pm
I had a good Yom Kippur. The study of Jonah was most revealing. After the N'hiela service, our whole congregation went to one of our member's houses to pig out. And so the teens could play capture the flag. We had fun, but a warnign to you all - never pig out, and then play capture the flag in the dark. YOU WILL get a stitch.  

Silver Wingling

RoseRose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:26 pm
It was an easy fast this year for me. I've fasted for 7 years (since my Bat Mitzvah). We had a discussion of Jonah during the break between Musaf and Mincha. It was really rather enlightening. We looked at it a lot of different ways, and one way that I found the most enlightening was looking at Nineveh as a metaphor for Israel and the Jewish people, and Jonah as that voice of conscience, or just the person you should listen to, urging you to change.

If you don't try to change, your repentance is meaningless.

I hope everyone was sealed in the book of life! Shana Tova v'metukah

Now on to Sukkot and Simcha Torah!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:49 pm
*Bounces up and down* All us teens are staying overnight at our congregatoon on friday night to set up the succa! I'm so hyped! And I PROMISE I havn't had ANY shuggggaaaarrr.......zzzzzzzzz  

Silver Wingling

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:30 pm
You beleive Jesus is the messiah?  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash