Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Earth Week Forum! Competition closed, winners announced!
21+ Earth Week *Info about end of contest!* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you join this super fun, uber cool contest??
  You'd better believe it!!
  I think so, can I have a couple more days to think about it?
  No. I'm greedy and want to keep all my rubbish for myself. Mwahahahaaaaa!!!
View Results

Main Man Methuselah
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:17 pm
***NEW ANNOUNCEMENT***

Just a reminder that the contest will finish at midnight New York time (when Saturday becomes Sunday, not when Sunday becomes Monday). Any trades that have been sent before that time, but not completed will still be counted, but no new trades will count towards team scores. We will then take some time to work out the final totals, and then announce the winners. The winners will receive their prizes, but not immediately, as obviously we won't know how big they will be until we have sold all of the items received. I think both the guild and the winners will do pretty well out of it though! Please be patient with us while we do this, it will not happen overnight, but we PROMISE it will happen! In the meantime, I would like to thank everyone who has participated for making this event such a success!!!

The teams have just been created! (Totally randomly, I wrote everyone's name down and pulled them out of a hat. I was planning on redrawing if two mods were put into the same team, but it didn't end up being a problem!! The teams are as follows:
Team 1:
lilie11
Eloria Magewinds
Headhunter
Sleeping_Bear

Team 2:
Bakura Amane
Super Buick
Dafthank
blueamcat

Team 3:
clr8422002
AntoniaMerEnfant
John Bar
Muramasa Zero

Team 4:
DragonriderJ
The Babbling Bat
Auralynrose
Kinkigalinki

Team 5:
richaleau
lunar_kit2
chibihotachan
Doressa

Team 6:
Emily Scissorhands
Nessachan
ashleyatusc
mAOri waHIne

Team 7:
mshonesty
Noirkaze
giggles6172
ShadyBrook

Ladies and Gentlemen...I now present to you...

21+ Earth Week!

In an effort to clean up Gaia, we mods thought that we should throw a little environmentally friendly contest. During the week of September 17th-23rd, all of us will have the ability to work on making this world as clean as it can be, with huge cash prizes going to the winners!

Each member that wants to participate will be broken up into teams. These teams will be led by a moderator (for example, team doressa or team antonia). Or, members will be able to make their own teams, depending on what the mods decide to do. It is the teams responsibility to grab as much as they can during the one week time period.

Items that are gathered include the following (and the points each item is worth):

Paper-1 point.
Any form of crumpled paper or trash found in towns will be worth one point, since you don’t need to do anything besides click on it to get it. However, this does not include items made of paper. Since that paper has been “recycled” into something better already, we won’t count those.

Flowers-2 points.
This works on the same premise as trash, except for there is considerably fewer flowers than there are trash. Any color and any style, but no boquets. Again, we’re looking for things that haven’t been “recycled” yet.

Bugs-3 points.
Any bug, anywhere, any time.

Fish-4 points.
This is any fish from any lake anywhere in the Gaia world. Yes, this includes even the rarest of fish. I know many people think this is unfair since you can get a good deal for your fish, but we’re not after the fish that you want to keep; we want the ones that you don’t use. If you have a ton of guppies and don’t use them, then that means as much to us as if you have a ton of boldurs and don’t use them. Your choice, of course.

***NEW***Cans, Boots, Tires, Tickets, and Ink-5 points.
In the original design of the point system I left this category out. However, it seems that a lot of people have these things and want to get rid of them. Can’t blame you either. So we’ll take them if you have them, and even give you more for your donation because of it since we can get a lot of use out of it. 5 for each doesn’t seem that bad at all.
Unlike with paper and flowers, we will be taking ink in this category as well. There are two reasons. First is that since ink is given out as a daily chance, there are a lot of people that have it. Secondly, unlike the boquet and the paper products, the ink can still be refined more and has a higher value.

MC Items-100 points.
Surprisingly, there are a lot of monthly collectibles (MC’s) that people have and don’t use either. Some of which haven’t gone up a lick in value since we got them. (stupid ufo…) Anyway, since you actually had to spend real money on these, or a whole lot of gaia gold, they should be worth the most. So, we’ll take those as well. Unfortunately, they’re all worth the same, so a demonic pitchfork is no better than a gwee, an angelic halo is no better than a mythrill halo, and everything else is no better than a mini ufo. (stupid ufo…)

There are many ways that you can gather these items...
1. Going into towns and gathering them.
2. Purchasing them at the marketplace.
3. Asking other gaians for their trash.
And the list goes on and on and on and on...

We all do things for the prizes, and this contest is no exception:
First place will receive 30% of all the proceeds earned by this contest.
Second place will receive 15% of all the proceeds.
Third place will receive 5% of all the proceeds.
The remaining 50% will be donated directly to the guild through methesulah.

The mods will be responsible for counting and for posting the places of each group throughout the contest. We won't put up the point totals until the very end of the contest, in order to not discourage others from participating seeing the numeric values.

SENDING ITEMS TO MMM TO BE COUNTED

Originally, the idea was that you had to gift the game items to MMM (Main Man Methusalah)so that he could count them. However, it turns out that Gaia has such low regard for the game items, you can’t even give them away. However, we do have a system in play in order to track how each team is doing.

1. SET UP A TRADE WITH MMM!- When you decide to start turning in what you have collected, open up a new trade and include everything that you want to get rid of.
2. PLACE ITEMS THAT YOU WANT TO TRADE- Click on the items that you are submitting for the contest, and select how many of which you want to include.
3. SUBMIT TRADE- After you set the trade, send it off to MMM. From there, he’ll approve it. Don’t forget to click OK to confirm the trade, or it won’t count.
4. WHEN CONFIRMATION COMES BACK, RE-CONFIRM THE TRADE-Again, until we know for sure that we have the items, we can’t count them, you everything has to be okayed through the system.

Since all trades are done through avatar, we can tell who has given what, so it makes tracking a little bit easier.

During the week of the contest, we will open a forum that tracks all donations. All it will say is that your trade has been received and what was received in that trade. Think of it as a receipt, since we can’t really tag things without the trade system. This also lets people know what has been submitted so far and how many points teams have. MMM and Daft will be monitoring that, so if you think your total is incorrect, talk to one of them and they’ll help you as best as they can.

More to come as the contest nears. Good luck to all!

**The list of participants so far**
1. Super Buick (Team 2)
2. lilie11 (Team 1)
3. DragonRiderJ (Team 4)
4. clr8422002 (Team 3)
5. Bakura Amane (Team 2)
6. giggles6172 (Team 7)
7. ashleyatusc (Team 6)
8. The Babbling Bat (Team 4)
9. Muramasa Zero (Team 3)
10. Sleeping_Bear (Team 1)
11. mshonesty (Team 7)
12. Shadybrook (Team 7)
13. lunar_kit2 (Team 5)
14. Eloria Magewinds (Team 1)
15. chibihotachan (Team 5)
16. Auralynrose (Team 4)
17. clr8422002 (Team 3)
18. EmilyScissorhands (Team 6)
19. Dafthank(Team 2)
20. Doressa (Team 5)
21. Nessachan (Team 6)
22. AntoniaMerEnfant (Team 3)
23. mAOri waHIne (Team 6)
24. John Bar (Team 3)
25. Noirkaze (Team 7)
26. blueamcat (Team 2)
27. richaleau (Team 5)
28. Kinkigalinki (Team 4)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:38 pm
I'm definitely in!!  

Doressa
Captain

chibihotachan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:02 pm
YAY, but I can't give up the butterflies!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:11 am
I'm in smile It sounds like fun! smile  

Luciano LaChance

Sparkly Smoker

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:41 am
chibihotachan
YAY, but I can't give up the butterflies!!

No one has to give up anything they don't want to!! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:56 pm
Count me in! 3nodding (I'll make time.)  

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:49 pm
Great! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:19 pm
I'm in!  

traciereed83

Super Buick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:51 am
i'm in.... though i don't know how much help i'd be to my team... seeing that i'm only on at night and not as often as i used to be.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:35 am
Super Buick
i'm in.... though i don't know how much help i'd be to my team... seeing that i'm only on at night and not as often as i used to be.

Every little bit helps!!  

Doressa
Captain

lunar_kit2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:07 pm
Yeah trash day, I'm in LOL  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:10 pm
Who else will join us?? It'll be heaps of fun! smile  

Doressa
Captain

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:35 pm
Sounds like fun. I'll join.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:26 pm
EmilyScissorhands
Sounds like fun. I'll join.

Yay!!  

Doressa
Captain

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:28 am
I'll join too.  
Earth Week Forum! Competition closed, winners announced!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games