Reply Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians
Israeli Folk Dance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Wingling

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:35 pm
Recently, my family and I switched churches, from a conventional church to a congregation of mesianic jews and gentiles called Sar Shalom Fellowship. I have wanted to go there since I was 5, and we know almost everyone there from when they celibrated Rosh Hashanah at our church building, and we kept in touch. Well, I joined the Israeli Folk/Worship Dance Team, and I need help! Any steps, easy dances I could learn, or advice is welcome. Also, I would ask your prayers as our current Rabbi and his family move to Jerusalem, and the new Rabbi takes over, as well as new leaders of the dance team. Shalom!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:06 am
The easiest way to learn is to do it. Most of the really REALLY traditional ones are round dances, where everyone stands in a circle. More modern ones have more variation, of course. It's nearly impossible to explain the moves through text, though. Just, in the round versions, there's a lot of grapevining.  

RoseRose

Silver Wingling

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:50 pm
Yes, it's just myiam, myiam, myiam. Do you dance?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:04 pm
We belong to an online congregation that we watch and participate in on Friday nights at 7:30 pm. You can see the youth and kids dance Israeli dance in a circle while the worship music is going on. You have to use Pal Talk or Real Player to watch. It's on www.bnaishalom.info . They have special hand movements for certain songs, and they twist and turn and jump.  

grani4fam1

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:58 pm
You could look it up on youtube or the other public-upload-video sites. They must have a lot of videos of dancing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:13 pm
Thanks, I'll do that. My only experience with dancing AT ALL besides the past 3 weeks is doing 1 dance at Rosh Hashonah, called Zealous Over Zion. Hmm. youtube. ok.  

Silver Wingling

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff