Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:28 pm
On another account in Gaia, I corresponded briefly with a person who ended up blasting me for supporting Israel. He seemed to believe there was a vast conspiracy and that the news outlets were manipulated, hence "blinding" me. I get much of my news from the web and from relatively uncontrolled sources, so I don't think I am blind at all.

I've always thought anti-semitism stemmed from simple jealousy, and I've heard allusions to conspiracy before -- where does this paranoid nonsense come from? Have there been isolated events by a few people that would cause this kind of judgment to land on everyone's head?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:16 am
The "Jewish Conspiracy" theory is pretty old. The "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" (one of the first incarnations) is a piece of anti-semetic propaganda written in Russia around 1900. It's said that some Jews wrote it (which is patently false) but some people STILL believe it.

An older version was during the Black Plague, because less Jews died (because of the religious rituals requiring more cleanliness), they were blamed for the plague, and sometimes killed.  

RoseRose

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff