A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:31 pm
Corey -Stan-
-------

Lucas.

He's a little overpowered though...

-------

User Image

He's low tier, and for pretty good reason. I think he'd be at most middle tier if it weren't for the grab-release infinite on him, but even so, he's not all that great.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:27 pm
-------

rolleyes The tier list means little, if it means anything at all. Why? Because it's based off tournaments. Compared to how many peopled used them to how many times they won.

Really. You can't argue against the fact that his smash moves are strong.

And if you use the tier to decide who you want to use, that's kind of pathetic. Use who you want, not who people say are good.

-------

User Image

Captain S McBobble

Kyle Riley

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:30 pm
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
Corey -Stan-
-------

Lucas.

He's a little overpowered though...

-------

User Image

He's low tier, and for pretty good reason. I think he'd be at most middle tier if it weren't for the grab-release infinite on him, but even so, he's not all that great.
User Image
"Forever...

Favourite =/= best character.

...and ever."
User Image
[ Angelic Medic ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:32 pm
Quote:

Favourite =/= best character.

...and ever."
User Image
[ Angelic Medic ]

Where is the word "favorite" even used here? I know it's in the title, but that's not what he said. He said he's "overpowered," and that's what I'm responding to.

Quote:
Corey -Stan-
-------

rolleyes The tier list means little, if it means anything at all. Why? Because it's based off tournaments. Compared to how many peopled used them to how many times they won.

Really. You can't argue against the fact that his smash moves are strong.

And if you use the tier to decide who you want to use, that's kind of pathetic. Use who you want, not who people say are good.

-------

User Image

It's based off of much more than tournaments. Tournaments do play a role, but the tournament ranking list is very, very different than the tier list (I can link you to it if you'd like). Character matchups and analysis are all in the equation, not just tournament rankings.

Yes his smash moves are strong, but so are Ganondorf's, and he's terrible.

I'll just quote myself about tier lists in another guild I'm in, because you just made an extremely ignorant remark about my perception on tier lists (I main ICs and Fox, BTW):

Quote:
I just want to clear some things up about tier lists, as a bunch of people (not just here) don't seem to fully understand what a tier list means. First off, if you only play casually, the tier list does not apply to you. The tier list applies to those playing at a professional level. Just because your friend can dominate you with Captain Falcon, that doesn't mean Captain Falcon should be higher.

Here's the point, with casual play, the skill gap between players is guaranteed to be much larger than with tournament play. In professional play, all players can be expected to be around the same skill level. This is the metagame. This list applies to the metagame. What it basically is saying is that if you have two players at an equal, high skill level, the top tier player has a better chance of winning against a low tier player. This is because at the highest level of play, the characters strengths and weaknesses become more static.

Furthermore, this list should not have any effect on your character choice. If you don't like where a character is, you have the power to change that. Do what you can to improve the characters metagame. The bottom line is this: a characters tier list placement has no effect on your skill level with that character. So why should it effect your choice? It shouldn't.

So yes, tier lists mean nothing to you, but they do mean something to people who play competitively. I made it pretty clear that it should have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on your choice of character.

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

hi5201

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:28 am
Here r my fav characters, all:

1: Sheik
2:Zelda

3:Link
4:Ike
5 razz it

6:Sonic
7:Marth
8:Fox